For picky kids, which Epcot restaurant is best?

FSU Girl

DIS Veteran
For kids who don't venture too far from chicken fingers and french fries, which Epcot restaurant would be best? I'd like for them to branch out more, but realistically I don't think they will on this trip. Is there a good restaurant to eat at where they'll find something they like? Also, can a 13 year old order off a kids menu?

Will they eat pizza? If so, Via Napoli is probably your best bet.
Yes they like pizza. I was considering this and grabbed a reservation, but it's at an awkward time where it's either a super late lunch or really early dinner. Is this the only restaurant that has food for picky eaters?

My kids have loved Via Napoli because they like cheese pizza. If you look at the menus, though, you will find that most of the kids meals are pretty "normal" at least in part.

My DS was a picky eater but we always still managed to find him something to eat at Spice Road, Biergarten and Le Cellier. We still took him to other restaurants - Tokyo Dining, the Mexican restaurants, etc. - but I would usually have to supplement whatever he nibbled on there with something from a QS later. Will they eat steak? Stir fry?

My kids have loved Via Napoli because they like cheese pizza. If you look at the menus, though, you will find that most of the kids meals are pretty "normal" at least in part.
I've been trying to look at menu's but all the menu pages say Stitch ate the page, so it's making it difficult to decide. They do like plain cheese pizza so this might be my best bet.

My DS was a picky eater but we always still managed to find him something to eat at Spice Road, Biergarten and Le Cellier. We still took him to other restaurants - Tokyo Dining, the Mexican restaurants, etc. - but I would usually have to supplement whatever he nibbled on there with something from a QS later. Will they eat steak? Stir fry?
They will eat steak, probably not stir fry since they don't like vegetables. It drives me nuts how little they'll eat and I don't really want to go to a quick service after a meal since they won't eat. One of them will eat tacos, the other would not eat anything Mexican. Le Cellier might be a good option.

Biergarten has something for everyone. It’s a big buffet with many choices that aren’t “strange.”

Garden Grille is a good choice too. The food there is comfort food and is very plain.

No help on choosing a restaurant here, but I wanted to let you know I feel your pain with eaters who do not like the same type of food. My boys are the same. One will only eat pork chops, the other only chicken. One likes broccoli, the other carrots. One likes bacon, the other sausage. The only things they seem to agree on are mac & cheese, apple and pancakes!

Hmmm.... Electric Umbrella was our usual go to because of the diversity and the ability to see the food (as well as quality/price). But each restaurant has a kids menu since this is Disney so that might help the chicken finger crowd. As an alternative to the official Disney site I use allers.net as they have extensive menus and reviews.

I will second the Biergarten and Garden Grill as well, but the kid's menus at Disney restaurants offer the standard kid-friendly foods. Older children and adults may order from the kids menu. I have also heard about "adult sized portions" of kids menu items.
Worst case scenario is to go heavy on desert for the kids! It is vacation after all!

Biergarten is ok if you're willing to pay the buffet price for what they'll actually eat. My 7 year old is a ridiculously picky eater and the last time we ate at Biergarten, she ate bread, macaroni and cheese, and dessert.

Could you walk over to Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club resort? They have burgers, grilled cheese, fries, that sort of thing. It's a fun restaurant for kids and at least you know they'll eat something.

For kids who don't venture too far from chicken fingers and french fries, which Epcot restaurant would be best? I'd like for them to branch out more, but realistically I don't think they will on this trip. Is there a good restaurant to eat at where they'll find something they like? Also, can a 13 year old order off a kids menu?

You know your kids best, but I would think Italy, France (all I want is mac n cheese ALL THE TIME) or England would work. I've also heard that Teppan Edo is good for picky eaters (who doesn't like meat and rice?)

Most of the restaurants have the standard kids menu with a slight variation, so that may open up options for you (depending upon their ages). In general the policy is kids must be 9 and under to order from the kids menu at a TS restaurant. You can probably get by at a quick service ordering a kids meal for an older child. From what I've read, it seems to be enforced differently at different restaurants or may be at the servers discretion (not really helpful, I know).

You know your kids best, but I would think Italy, France (all I want is mac n cheese ALL THE TIME) or England would work. I've also heard that Teppan Edo is good for picky eaters (who doesn't like meat and rice?)
They don't like hibachi, which I could eat all the time lol. Mac N Cheese is definitely a favorite for sure.

Most of the restaurants have the standard kids menu with a slight variation, so that may open up options for you (depending upon their ages). In general the policy is kids must be 9 and under to order from the kids menu at a TS restaurant. You can probably get by at a quick service ordering a kids meal for an older child. From what I've read, it seems to be enforced differently at different restaurants or may be at the servers discretion (not really helpful, I know).
That could be tricky since one is over 9 and is the pickiest one of all. I wonder if they said no if I offered to pay more they'd agree.

I like the idea of walking over to Beaches and Cream. I think that's a great idea. Otherwise, Garden Grill is family style, so that would be a great option (pretty sure they serve macaroni and cheese as well).

From my personal experience at Biergarten it was a flop for my picky eaters. No basics. No basic Mac n Cheese. No chicken tenders. All my kids found were rolls and butter.

I'd say Garden Grill or Via Napoli. There's nothing more miserable than when your kids throw a fit because they have nothing to eat while you're trying to stuff your face.

Another vote for Garden Grill, as it is family style so they can pick and choose and the food offerings are pretty basic comfort food. It's also a favorite for character interaction, as the layout of the restaurant make encounters feel more intimate.

How about a Croque Monsier at Les Halles? Basically a ham a cheese, but a bit fancier and might be a step towards branching out. I don't know how good they are though as I haven't yet tried them.

How about a Croque Monsier at Les Halles? Basically a ham a cheese, but a bit fancier and might be a step towards branching out. I don't know how good they are though as I haven't yet tried them.
They don't eat ham. And unless the melted cheese is on pizza they won't eat that either.

Another vote for Garden Grill, as it is family style so they can pick and choose and the food offerings are pretty basic comfort food. It's also a favorite for character interaction, as the layout of the restaurant make encounters feel more intimate.
I was considering Garden Grill, but I feel like the breakfast would be more appealing. Unfortunately we won't make it into the park until lunch time since we are driving up that day.

I like the idea of walking over to Beaches and Cream. I think that's a great idea. Otherwise, Garden Grill is family style, so that would be a great option (pretty sure they serve macaroni and cheese as well).
Beaches and Cream could work. I'll have to hunt for a reservation though since I'm only two months out from our date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter