Foolish Mortals, The travels of Truck 999, The HDT.

Christine raynor

Bullydad
It is the second time this year. First time we thought we missed a step and caused it. Today we were taking our time, checking everything as we were in no hurry to leave the campground. Did our tug test and it was good, so not sure what caused the jaws to pop open.

We may need a new front cap.
Sorry PaHunter we will all miss you in Nov. Dont give up, dont ever give up. As quoted from a famous BB coach.

Teamubr

Formerly racing around the country.
Ouch.

That really stinks. Hope it is just the cap. That isn't too big of a job.

j

• PaHunter

Photographer in need of training...
    I've helped him fix several. Most of the time it can be fixed without replacing the cap since it's fiberglass.
    We are hoping so, and well there was a chipped spot or two that needed repainting anyway. More worried about the damage, I can't see. Not sure if we took hard enough a hit to crack any welds or to bend anything.

• PaHunter

Sorry PaHunter we will all miss you in Nov. Dont give up, dont ever give up. As quoted from a famous BB coach.
    Well, was looking forward to seeing the Fort decorated for Christmas. Maybe in 2121, we will get there after Thanksgiving.

jbrostek

DIS Veteran
    Oh man that sucks that the hitch let loose even after a tug test. I hope you can either figure out what caused it or replace it so you don't go through that again!

PaHunter

Oh man that sucks that the hitch let loose even after a tug test. I hope you can either figure out what caused it or replace it so you don't go through that again!
    We will be looking to replace the hitch. We purchased it used, and it has been good to us, well most of the time.

• jbrostek

DIS Veteran
    We will be looking to replace the hitch. We purchased it used, and it has been good to us, well most of the time.
    I have a pullrite 16k for ISR rails that I used for 2 years and maybe 7k miles before I moved to the 2012 F350 with factory 5th wheel and the hitch. Though I think you want something a bit beefier. I been keeping it in the garage for the moment when someone I knows needs a 16k. LOL

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DIS INSTAGRAM