Food at Pop Century?

My neice and I got the parmesan crusted chicken breast and came w/ salad and a breadstick. was so good i had it twice that week.

Agreed! I love this one. The greek salad is another that I have gotten more than once & I love it.

And mmmm the pain au chocolate is my fave for a breakfast treat!!

The kids like the hamburgers & the chicken nuggets. I had the shrimp lomein last year & wasn't thrilled with it, but I know most people love it, so maybe I just caught a bad night?

I loooove the Chicken Fettucine Alfredo!!! It is so good. One person said it would be better if it wasn't soaked in sauce but every time I had it there wasn't enough sauce on it. I will ask for extra sauce next time, because the chicken is pretty crispy, but very good for a counter service item at a value resort!:goodvibes

We liked the breakfast platters. They were nothing fancy but as my Papa would say, "they filled the void". We usually split 2 breakfasts among the 4 of us.

The tuna sandwich was really good and big enough to share. Nice multigrain bread and lots of filling. We also had the Med. Chicken Flatbread .. not too bad, esp if you like a lot of feta cheese.

My mom got a sundae one night. It counted as a snack on the ddp and it was really big, lots of hot fudge and creamy soft serve. I think you could add another topping as well.

The only bad meal was the Mom's fried chicken tv dinner thing. Greasy and gross...

We got the sundaes too, but I'm not sure iif they even have soft serve. Ours were always hard scooped. So good!

We were at Pop Century October 17-22, 2009, less than a month ago. They do still have Tie Dye cheesecake, which is one of our favorites.

They still had the Cuban Flatbread on special, and we had that for the first time (actually we had it twice, it was so good).

My dh had the meatball sub and he liked that. I had the vegetable calzone and thought it was good.

I love the lomein; I don't get the shrimp in it, as I don't eat seafood.

I also like the turkey dinner, when that is on the menu. It is one of the Mom's Night Out dinners (but for me, it has to be called Wife's Night Out). I love the dressing/stuffing, but I always have to ask for extra gravy. They put gravy on the turkey and mashed potatoes, but not on the stuffing. I like gravy on the stuffing, too!

We have had the sundaes, and they are always good.

We just got back last night. Our first night was at pop. I can tell you that the chicken parm was gross. Soggy and the sauce was tangy. Not at all good.

My dad seemed to think his pizza was ok.

We were at Pop Century October 17-22, 2009, less than a month ago. They do still have Tie Dye cheesecake, which is one of our favorites.

They still had the Cuban Flatbread on special, and we had that for the first time (actually we had it twice, it was so good).

My dh had the meatball sub and he liked that. I had the vegetable calzone and thought it was good.

I love the lomein; I don't get the shrimp in it, as I don't eat seafood.

I also like the turkey dinner, when that is on the menu. It is one of the Mom's Night Out dinners (but for me, it has to be called Wife's Night Out). I love the dressing/stuffing, but I always have to ask for extra gravy. They put gravy on the turkey and mashed potatoes, but not on the stuffing. I like gravy on the stuffing, too!

We have had the sundaes, and they are always good.

LuAnn I was there the exact same days as you!! I was in the 60's section.
We had Mickey Waffles every day and DH had the big platter. Plenty of food and the kids meal was a good price (under $5) ad included a juice or milk.

Has anyone stayed at both Pop Century and Port Orleans Riverside in the last couple years? If so, how do the food courts compare?

Lu Ann I was there the exact same days as you!! I was in the 60's section.
We were in the 60's, too. Building 4, the one with the Play Dough icon, Room 4257. It was a great room, away from the noise of the pool, top floor, and we had a view of the lake.

Has anyone stayed at both Pop Century and Port Orleans Riverside in the last couple years? If so, how do the food courts compare?

We were at Pop Century last month, and at Riverside probably 2-3 years ago. I like the food at Pop much better. There is more variety and more room.

I have a hard time remembering what they served at Riverside, which means it apparently wasn't memorable. Looking it up online, they have hamburgers, pizza, make your own pasta, muffaletta sandwiches, fish or chicken baskets, turkey sandwich, chicken neggets, sliced beef or turkey, and make your own salad. We don't usually eat more than fruit for breakfast, so that is just lunch/dinner. It seemed to be more of a fast-food type place, rather than a meal. I feel Pop has more options of something that is more of a regular meal if you want that, with veggies (always something I'm looking for) and less fried options than what is at Riverside. But there is enough at Riverside that I can eat there once or twice if we stay there. There are just more things I like at Pop.

We will go out of our way to eat at Pop Century. Riverside, we just eat at if we are staying there.

We were in the 60's, too. Building 4, the one with the Play Dough icon, Room 4257. It was a great room, away from the noise of the pool, top floor, and we had a view of the lake.

Did you put in a request early for top floor, lake view? We're really hoping to get a quieter room. I'm wondering if I should call and add a few room requests to my reservation. It's just me and my husband. We don't mind if we're on the top floor or far away from the main building. I'm a light sleeper and need at least some quietness.

We were at Pop Century last month, and at Riverside probably 2-3 years ago. I like the food at Pop much better. There is more variety and more room.

I have a hard time remembering what they served at Riverside, which means it apparently wasn't memorable. Looking it up online, they have hamburgers, pizza, make your own pasta, muffaletta sandwiches, fish or chicken baskets, turkey sandwich, chicken neggets, sliced beef or turkey, and make your own salad. We don't usually eat more than fruit for breakfast, so that is just lunch/dinner. It seemed to be more of a fast-food type place, rather than a meal. I feel Pop has more options of something that is more of a regular meal if you want that, with veggies (always something I'm looking for) and less fried options than what is at Riverside. But there is enough at Riverside that I can eat there once or twice if we stay there. There are just more things I like at Pop.

We will go out of our way to eat at Pop Century. Riverside, we just eat at if we are staying there.

When we were at POR, I got the breaskfast platter most mornings. Lunch was always in the parks. We ate quite a few dinners at the food court. I remember getting the baked ziti a couple times. Also the build your own salad once. And build your own pasta once. My husband got basic things like pizza or burgers, I think.

I stayed at POR in Aug 2008. Will be at pop in 3.5 weeks. :cool1: Can't wait to compare.

I liked POR food court. I really liked the create your own pasta.

Pop Century is my favorite food court on property. My favorites are:

Chicken parmesan
Shrimp Lo Mein
Tye Dye cheesecake

My son and husband rave about the philly cheesesteak wrap.

I think Pop and POR both have great food courts, but I like Pop's a tad better.

I stayed at POR in Aug 2008. Will be at pop in 3.5 weeks. :cool1: Can't wait to compare.

I liked POR food court. I really liked the create your own pasta.

Do you have a pre-trip report? Will you be doing a report afterwards? I'd love to hear about it. I'd also like to hear your comparisons of the two resorts.

Pop Century is my favorite food court on property. My favorites are:

Chicken parmesan
Shrimp Lo Mein
Tye Dye cheesecake

My son and husband rave about the philly cheesesteak wrap.

I think Pop and POR both have great food courts, but I like Pop's a tad better.

Sounds like I should like pop's food court....so that's good.

We will be there shortly after your for our second trip to POP. One of the reasons we are staying there is the Food Court. When we were going over where we would eat, we found the food we wanted was at POP. We love the reuben flatbread, nachos, meatball sub, and chicken parm

We will be there shortly after your for our second trip to POP. One of the reasons we are staying there is the Food Court. When we were going over where we would eat, we found the food we wanted was at POP. We love the reuben flatbread, nachos, meatball sub, and chicken parm

What dates will you be there?

Did you put in a request early for top floor, lake view? We're really hoping to get a quieter room. I'm wondering if I should call and add a few room requests to my reservation. It's just me and my husband. We don't mind if we're on the top floor or far away from the main building. I'm a light sleeper and need at least some quietness.
It's just me and my husband, too. When we make reservations, we always ask for a room not near the pool and for a king-size bed. They didn't have a king-size bed available this time, but they had the room away from the pool. We didn't request the lake view or fourth floor, we just got lucky. Definitely call them and put in room requests; you get it if it's available. They told us we could have a king-size bed if we changed rooms after two days, but once we unpack and settle in, we don't want to repack and do it again, so we will stay in the room we get first.

We are light sleepers, too, and the kids squealing and running around the pool at midnight keeps us awake. I know the kids are having a blast, and I don't begrudge them that - I used to be a kid that wanted to "live" in a pool, too, but now I prefer sleep at midnight! One year it didn't work out so well, though. We got a room away from the pool with sort of a forrest view, but it apparently was near some loading zone or something, visited in the middle of the night by delivery trucks in a constant state of reverse. So at 4 am every morning, for about 20 minutes, we'd hear, "beep, beep, beep, beep!" It was torture! We were begging for the screaming pool kids after that trip.

We didn't mind the walk to the food court, either. It's not that far and if we went at dusk, we'd pass by about half a dozen of the cutest wild bunnies! There was even a black cat wandering around there this year (appropriate for the Halloween season). Ususally we'd go get our food at the food court and take it back to our room, so we could have a quiet dinner or snack with just the two of us. We had our honeymoon at Disney World, and even though we have been married for almost 25 years now, we still feel like we're on our honeymoon again every time we go. :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter