Food and Wine Festival Tips

Disneychoirnerd

Earning My Ears
First time going to EPCOT during a festival, very excited! 3 adults and a 7yr old. Any tips for festival days with kids? Also tips in general?

We've all been before, but last time it was nap time during world showcase, can't bank on that for a 7yr old though! Is there much to do for kids in World Showcase these days?

There is the Frozen ride and the 3 Caballeros ride. Most of the other things are films and exhibits. Depends on the 7 year old I suppose.

Is kidcot still a thing? I recall in each country having something for the kids while the parents indulged.
Also there appears to be some kind of scavenger hunt planned around the WS that gets a winner a free souvenir.

First time going to EPCOT during a festival, very excited! 3 adults and a 7yr old. Any tips for festival days with kids? Also tips in general?

We've all been before, but last time it was nap time during world showcase, can't bank on that for a 7yr old though! Is there much to do for kids in World Showcase these days?
3 Caballeros ride is one of the unappreciated gems of epcot for little kids in my opinion. It’s in the Mexico pavilion. There is rarely much of a line.

Avoid going on a weekend day. It gets packed!! In addition to the Frozen and Gran Fiesta Tour rides, my kids loved the Garden/koi ponds in Japan and there is/was a play area near the back of the park to let them run around and play. I seem to also recall a splash pad area between Future World and World Showcase, so maybe bring a change of clothes?

Is kidcot still a thing? I recall in each country having something for the kids while the parents indulged.
Also there appears to be some kind of scavenger hunt planned around the WS that gets a winner a free souvenir.
Just did a search for kidcot fun stops and it appears they are still a thing.
Our boys used to love the kidcot fun stops almost as much as the rides.

Pay the $8 or so and get the Remy scavenger hunt. My 9 year old had so much fun doing it last year and it made it so much more enjoyable for us adults. They search each country for a hidden remy statue and put the corresponding sticker in their scavenger hunt booklet. They turn in the booklet at the end for a prize.

Another vote for Remy scavenger hunt. My kid is now 15, and he still makes sure it is in our disney plans. He has been doing something similar since he was really young, and it allows us parents to browse, eat, drink in each world while he searches.

I'll echo avoid weekend nights and holidays. Be there when WS opens and plan on spending a lot more money than you think -especially if you plan on any drinking. The Remy thing for sure - don't know what Kidcot will be by then, but right now it's fairly disappointing. If your kid is an adventurous eater, they may like having their own book of festival booths and giving each food they try a "grade". Don't know how you and yours feel about drunks, but there can be some loud, sauced up parties even during the week as the evening goes on. Weekends are much worse.

Avoid going on a weekend day. It gets packed!! In addition to the Frozen and Gran Fiesta Tour rides, my kids loved the Garden/koi ponds in Japan and there is/was a play area near the back of the park to let them run around and play. I seem to also recall a splash pad area between Future World and World Showcase, so maybe bring a change of clothes?
Great tips, thank you!!! I didn't know about a play area in the back!

I'll echo avoid weekend nights and holidays. Be there when WS opens and plan on spending a lot more money than you think -especially if you plan on any drinking. The Remy thing for sure - don't know what Kidcot will be by then, but right now it's fairly disappointing. If your kid is an adventurous eater, they may like having their own book of festival booths and giving each food they try a "grade". Don't know how you and yours feel about drunks, but there can be some loud, sauced up parties even during the week as the evening goes on. Weekends are much worse.
We are going on a Thursday. Great idea to have them grade the food. Such a fun thing! Definitely will give the Remy thing a try.

Definitely do the kidcot stations and pick up a passport (I assume they are still stamping them, but maybe not?). My kids always loved collecting the stamps from every country. Finding the kidcot stations is almost a scavenger hunt in and of itself...a lot of them are a bit hidden. It really gives you a chance to explore each pavilion.

Pay the $8 or so and get the Remy scavenger hunt. My 9 year old had so much fun doing it last year and it made it so much more enjoyable for us adults. They search each country for a hidden remy statue and put the corresponding sticker in their scavenger hunt booklet. They turn in the booklet at the end for a prize.
I've never heard of the Remy scavenger hunt. Where do you get it from? That sounds like a great thing to keep him going through the day!

Another vote for Remy scavenger hunt. My kid is now 15, and he still makes sure it is in our disney plans. He has been doing something similar since he was really young, and it allows us parents to browse, eat, drink in each world while he searches.
Thanks for the tip!

Food booths open at 11, so I'd recommend hitting them when they open. Crowds will build throughout the day and people will be stumbling later in the day.

Have the kids try new foods! It's a great chance to taste something new.

We usually share foods/drinks from the booths. That way we get to try more things. My kids love certain food items, so they get those to themselves (like the filet in Canada).

There are so many nooks and crannies to explore in each county. The kids will have a blast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter