Food and Wine Festival..Party for the Senses

I would love to do this in October. When and where do you get the tickets?
I am a DVC member and an AP holder.

We did it for the 1st time last year '06. It was just DH & myself. My DH is in a WC so this meant I was the one running around for the F&W. That was a bit annoying.

The was a huge assortment of dishes! The food was fabulous! We also ended up sitting with one of the chef's wife, child & friends. He kept bringing over food over to us & sat down at the end of the evening to chat. They also knew Pierre Sparr who brought over wine & chatted with us. So that was really cool!

We're going back to the F&W this year. Not sure if we'll do PFS again or not. It will depend on what other great events they have.

The food & wine events are usually released for bookings in July. You book them through Disney Dining. They have a specific phone number for festival bookings.

No early bookings or discounts have been available for AP or DVC.

MY DH and I did two PFS last year and each was amazing. I still have the "menu books" I can email or list menus for anyone who wants to see that hasn't been. You can get a good idea of the food and wine they serve.

Wow. It's not even summer yet and we're talking F&W Festival.:thumbsup2

The food is not equivalent to the mass produced items that are served at the kiosks outside. The chefs are present and they cook and assemble their dishes at their tables.

Due to the quality of the food, I believe the price is worth it even if you don't drink wine.
Agree. After going solo DW who drinks wine rarely and would rather have an Ice Tea decided to join me and she ended up enjoying it very much even though she didn't have a drop of wine. Great event to mingle and enjoy others company.
While other events sell out real early, have never had a problem getting a ticket to one of the parties a few days before. Just don't wait until the last minute if you want to attend. Things may change with how popular the F&W festival has become. Who could have guessed from the very first F&W event at Disney, that it would have grown into a 45 day "attraction" Have fun.pirate:

We have gone 2 years in a row and plan to make it an "annual" event for us! The first year, DH was skeptical...but we were really blown away by the food selections and yummy wine. I LOVE my souvenir glass and drink wine out of it often...makes me smile(the glass, not the wine. Well, ok, the wine makes me smile, too!):goodvibes

I love my PftS wine glass. I use it almost every night & it makes me smile too. :goodvibes

DH & I also have decided that this is a must do yearly event.

We went in 2005 for the first time, and loved it. The food was outstanding, and the wine very interesting, they also had beer, champagne and I believe some bourbon and cognac. The food ranged from cheese to scallops to foie gras, it was very varied in terms of preparation and ingredients. We would love to go again, but can't seem to fit in our schedule.

I've been for the last 2 years and although I loved 2005s last year wasn't as good I thought.

The food selections are only good if you like a lot of different things for example I can't eat fish and this year alot of the food was fish or seafood. The food portions however are nice as it gives you enough just to sample it all.

Drink wise I actually think if you aren't drinking alcohol you loose out. There aren't that many choices for soft drink just coffee and water from what I could find last year. However if its just wine you don't like they had a good range of beers and they had Remy Martin whiskey (also had some flavoured vodkas last year as well which were nice).

I found last year that there wasn't as many free things (although the Tony's Town Square stand had dog bowls and goblets which I did manage to wangle off one of the nice chefs). The first year there were loads of free little things like vineyard wine keys, glasses, wine tasting books etc.

I don't think I would say that last years was worth the money. The year befores was reasonable but last years was a little disappointing as alot of the things were the same but this was more a personal thing. The Cirque De Solie things were nice too.

Anyway that's my opinions.

I love my PftS wine glass. I use it almost every night & it makes me smile too. :goodvibes

DH & I also have decided that this is a must do yearly event.

We have a pair of glasses from 2005, and also 2006.

Well, I knocked one of my 2005 glasses over and BROKE IT! I was devastated! My DH actually ran into the kitchen and wrapped his arms around me cuz he knew I needed consoling.

We had a good laugh, because I told him, if *HE* had broken it...he would have been in BIG TROUBLE!:sad2:

We are considering doing either the Sept 29 or Oct 27 PftS. Let me know if you go to either of those, we will raise a glass and toast the DISboards!

Switching gears - or at least, switching to beers!, does anyone know the scoop on something I've only heard about once known as the "Beers Around The World" - where you get a beer from every country around world showcase?

I've been to Epcot numerous times, but I've never heard of this before yesterday when I was reading another forum and someone mentioned it. If this does exist, is it only during a certain time of year or is it available whenever?

Still want to experience the vino festival but I never manage to get to the world in the fall.

6 weeks and 5 days till I'm in the world!!

MY DH and I did two PFS last year and each was amazing. I still have the "menu books" I can email or list menus for anyone who wants to see that hasn't been. You can get a good idea of the food and wine they serve.

Oh, could you please list or pm me for my email. Dh is on the fence about this one. I want to really do it for our adult night out for our October vacation. (Good thing DD loves the neverland club and begs to go, makes me feel less guilty about wanting adult time on a family vacation! :banana: )

Well, I knocked one of my 2005 glasses over and BROKE IT! I was devastated! My DH actually ran into the kitchen and wrapped his arms around me cuz he knew I needed consoling.

We had a good laugh, because I told him, if *HE* had broken it...he would have been in BIG TROUBLE!:sad2:

We are considering doing either the Sept 29 or Oct 27 PftS. Let me know if you go to either of those, we will raise a glass and toast the DISboards!

So sorry about your glass! I know I would be very upset if we broke one! Especially if DH did it!;)

I don't think you'll break your '06 glasses those are that new Tritan glass, almost indestructible!

Hi kabuki
I would love to see the menu books you have. If you could pm or e-mail them to me it would be greatly appreciated:thumbsup2

So sorry about your glass! I know I would be very upset if we broke one! Especially if DH did it!;)

I don't think you'll break your '06 glasses those are that new Tritan glass, almost indestructible!

Really? Are you serious???? That makes me very happy, thanks for letting me know. I will use my 2006 glasses more often and save my lone 2005 glass for decoration or special occasions!

Switching gears - or at least, switching to beers!, does anyone know the scoop on something I've only heard about once known as the "Beers Around The World" - where you get a beer from every country around world showcase?

I've been to Epcot numerous times, but I've never heard of this before yesterday when I was reading another forum and someone mentioned it. If this does exist, is it only during a certain time of year or is it available whenever?

Still want to experience the vino festival but I never manage to get to the world in the fall.

6 weeks and 5 days till I'm in the world!!

Hi Brer Brett!
The beers around the world are at the food booths. Most of the booths have a beer selection from that country. They also have an International Beers of the World seminars daily, They also have German Keg tapping ceremony every day on the weekend.

Argh! Can't you make it Oct. 20th??? That's the only one we'll be there for this year. I would love to meet you & raise a glass with you!

If not at PftS, maybe other dates will coincide & we can toast in WS somewhere.....

I'd be heartsick if my precious PftS wineglasses broke.... :sad1:

It is a possibility, Leota! I will let you know. Problem is, DD has a day off of school Fri Oct 26 so we are trying to build a trip around that.....

We'll "get it togther" eventually...if not at F&W this trip then perhaps a cocktail at blue zoo on another trip?????:thumbsup2

:sad1:
I just checked the dates for this year and I will miss it by 1 day in either direction.
We will be there 10-29 to 11-03 the party is on the 28th and the 4th.
:sad2:

Oops thought the dates on WDWInfo were for 2007 not 2006.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts