Flying after Thanksgiving, which day is busiest?

helenk

I wish I was in Disney World
You always hear about the busiest travel day of the year being after Thanksgiving. Is it generally considered the Sunday after Thanksgiving or the Monday after?
I am planning my trip for next year. And I want to go just after Thanksgiving, but trying to make sure I am not just wasting time in lines at an airport.

I flew both days this year. (Home Sunday from visiting friends, out on Monday for business) If there was a difference I couldn't tell it. Very busy both days. (Monday morning was pretty bad LOL!)

Yikes, both days busy, I was afraid of that. I guess I will have to re-think my travel dates.

I flew out Sunday morning on the 8 am flight from MCO to PHL (had to be at the airport by 6am, but I figured that it was better to go out early in case any travel delays developed during the day).

Sunday after Thanksgiving is the busiest travel day but Saturday and Monday get the folks who were unable to book (snag) a satisfactory seat for Sunday and the folks who cannot complete a trip home in one day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter