Flooded POTC boats

I just stumbled across this thread and can I say, UGH! I don't mind getting wet but I have an issue with my feet getting wet because I wear insoles that must not get overly wet (which is also a big issue when it's raining). For that very reason, I always switch shoes at the very last possible moment before going on Kali or Splash because obviously, they don't let you ride bare feet. I totally would have gone on POTC with my regular shoes because there has never ever been an issue with standing water in the boats! A little wet on the floor or seats yes but never standing water. Now I need to remember to switch shoes before that ride as well, ugh! That plain sucks!

Look I think it is something that could be fixed but I also said the issue right now is boats need to be lighter because people are heavier and the old boats were getting stuck but now the boats are lighter and jets are up higher so it is getting guests soaked. I don't think it is as easy as a solution as people think.

I agree, I think there are a lot of factors going on here. Going back to heavier boats might not be the answer.

I do wonder though that if they loaded the boats lighter, with less people and therefore less weight, if that would help. I feel like they are doing both right now, dealing with light boats and trying to jam the boats so full.

Btw, I think Josh at Easy said POTC has been down more now than prior to the refurb

He said it was a couple of minutes more per day on average, so basically no change.

He also said that he is aware of the reports of people getting drenched in the first few rows, but hasn't experienced that himself.

We rode the week of October 19th and got completely soaking wet. A CM asked if we wanted the front row and I enthusiastically said yes since I've ridden front row over the years and think it's fun. I didn't anticipate getting any wetter than the usual spritz/splash. I was unaware of people getting wetter than in the past and was totally caught off guard when a huge wave of water came over myself, my husband and our 4 year old son. Drenching wet from head to toe and I swear I am not exaggerating. My socks and shoes were swamped. The water pooled in the seat and must have listed over to my side of the boat because I was sitting in a puddle. My son was drenched and we were all shivering. I had to get off my seat at one point and kneel on the floor and bail water off my seat with my hands. My shorts and underwear were dripping wet. I was squeezing water out of my shorts when we got out. I looked on the bright side and figured well at least I would be cooler since it was a hot day. Last year we went in November and were there during a very cold (high in the 40's) day. I can't imagine being that soaked on a cold day. It really wasn't pleasant and it will keep me from riding POTC in the future and it has always been considered a must do ride. For the record I went on splash a few days later for the first time in 7 years. I requested the driest row since I didn't want to experience getting soaked again and was sat in the back. I got spritzed.

We rode the week of October 19th and got completely soaking wet. A CM asked if we wanted the front row and I enthusiastically said yes since I've ridden front row over the years and think it's fun. I didn't anticipate getting any wetter than the usual spritz/splash. I was unaware of people getting wetter than in the past and was totally caught off guard when a huge wave of water came over myself, my husband and our 4 year old son. Drenching wet from head to toe and I swear I am not exaggerating. My socks and shoes were swamped. The water pooled in the seat and must have listed over to my side of the boat because I was sitting in a puddle. My son was drenched and we were all shivering. I had to get off my seat at one point and kneel on the floor and bail water off my seat with my hands. My shorts and underwear were dripping wet. I was squeezing water out of my shorts when we got out. I looked on the bright side and figured well at least I would be cooler since it was a hot day. Last year we went in November and were there during a very cold (high in the 40's) day. I can't imagine being that soaked on a cold day. It really wasn't pleasant and it will keep me from riding POTC in the future and it has always been considered a must do ride. For the record I went on splash a few days later for the first time in 7 years. I requested the driest row since I didn't want to experience getting soaked again and was sat in the back. I got spritzed.

I keep writing this to various comments, but wow. This is situation is just insane imo. I can't believe you had to bail the water off the seat with your hands :(

Another potential disappointment for our upcoming trip. Seems like the more I read the less enthusiastic I become. POTC has always been a safe fun family ride and MK is not a waterpark so this is not acceptable. We have 0 interest in being packed in lIke sardines or of getting soaked with who knows how clean water in December. I'm going to cross this off our plans unless I read that things change between now and December.

We feel the same. We were really looking forward to it but have no interest in being soaked in November. It's a shame.

Not trolling at all and it was clear this was about me. I was pointing it out for people who were saying they don't mind getting wet if there is a warning. There is now a warning on the new signs so I posted that. I even looked for a photo but the only one I could find was from a website we aren't allowed to link to.

Look I think it is something that could be fixed but I also said the issue right now is boats need to be lighter because people are heavier and the old boats were getting stuck but now the boats are lighter and jets are up higher so it is getting guests soaked. I don't think it is as easy as a solution as people think.

cant speak for planogirl, but it wasn't YOU.....

I just stumbled across this thread and can I say, UGH! I don't mind getting wet but I have an issue with my feet getting wet because I wear insoles that must not get overly wet (which is also a big issue when it's raining). For that very reason, I always switch shoes at the very last possible moment before going on Kali or Splash because obviously, they don't let you ride bare feet. I totally would have gone on POTC with my regular shoes because there has never ever been an issue with standing water in the boats! A little wet on the floor or seats yes but never standing water. Now I need to remember to switch shoes before that ride as well, ugh! That plain sucks!

I' m with you there. I, too, have special ordered shoes for a foot condition which cost a lot of money! I would have been upset if I got them thoroughly soaked and didn't know about it. They are the only pair I have, due to the cost. So glad I read this thread. I hope Disney fixes this soon. We love POC and don't want to miss it.

We rode it a few days ago. We were in 2nd row and got just a little wet from the drop. Not enough to worry about. Not sure about couple in front row. It was not busy yet and our boat didn't get loaded with to many people.

I'm wondering if we decide to ride when it's not so packed will we be able to avoid these drenching waves? We go in December and I really don't want to be soaked.

Headed to the MK this morning....:sail:
We went to Guest Relations and expressed our concern about the POTC situation. We spoke to two GR CMs and a manager, who wrote down what had happened to us and other guests. It appears that those folks are aware of what's been going on (as far as guest comments are concerned). We later went to POTC and asked a CM at the FP entrance about the condition of the boats. He wasn't sure about the current standing water levels/conditions of the boats. Stay tuned.

So we rode this ride 4 times this past week. Once in the front, three times in the back. . The problem for us in the first row was that four adults were squeezed onto to first row. Already from the beginning I had to sit in a puddle Then on the drop, again got water logged. After the ride was over, I had to take my shoes off and dry off. Also pat myself dry.

I get this is a water ride but not everyone gets this wet. Still have fun. If you want to get wet you may. Be advised.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter