Flight of Passage + People of Size = Disappointing

I was worried my husband wouldn’t be able to ride, but he fit! The CM came over to check his back restraint but said, oh it’s locked, and he didn’t even have to push on it. The ride was amazing, so I’m glad we all got to experience it together!

I just got back from our trip. I was worried that i wouldn't be able to ride either Flight of Passage or 7 Dwarfs Mine Train. I am 6 foor 2 1/2 inches tall. Have a 44 inch waist and 32 inch inseam. I was able to ride both. I did the test seat for Flight and when the CM told me that I was half way into the green I could have hugged her. LOL. As for 7 Dwarfs I was able to ride. It was a little uncomfortable but definately doable.

Wanted to share a success story! I’m 5 feet 7 inches, I wear a lane bryant 22/24 and have 19 inch calves. I tried the test seat this morning and was told I had a 50/50 chance of fitting. I had a fast pass, so I thought it was worth a try. Once I got into the real seat I fit!! The leg restraints closed easily on their own. The CM stopped by and gave my back restraint a tiny push and CLICK. I was in!

The ride is almost indescribably incredible! Just got off about 20 mins ago. Please don’t be too worried if the test seat is 50/50, it is absolutely smaller than the real seat on the ride.

Sadly we had someone in our room on the ride yesterday who wasn’t able to ride. Strangely the guest said she had ridden earlier that same day and fit. But the CM in our room was probably college aged and weighed about 100lbs, so she just may not have had the strength to push in the back restraint as another CM may have. She tried several times but eventually said she couldn’t ride. The guest was upset and was going to see if they would let her try another room. I hope they let her because it really could come down to how strong the CM is who is trying to push the back restraint in for you.

After living down here for a few months we just made it to Animal Kingdom last Friday! I was nervous about fitting so I tried the test seat. When I went to try it out there wasn't a cast member around so I didn't have the back/leg restraints, but it looked like I'd fit so we got a DAS pass. Hours later when we returned to ride there was a cast member at the test seat and she raised the back/leg restraints and I fit! There were lots of people around the test seat, but no one was paying any attention to me.

Here's my size if that will help anyone.
5'8"
280ish (not sure of weight as it's been over a year since I've been to the gym)
calf 18.5"
hips 55"
waist 46"
bust 48"

I wear a size 2x a little snugly and a size 10.5 shoe. I was wearing my Teva closed toe sandals that day.

I will report back when my husband gets a chance to go. He's 6'2", about 280-290 and a size 13 shoe.

My DH fit just fine on the ride. The first time he rode the back restraint didn't click because he wasn't sitting all the way forward and the cast member had to push it closed on him. The second time, DH scooted all the way forward and it clicked on its own.

Husbands measurements:
6'2"
280 lb
calf 18.5
hips 47.5
waist 46.5
chest 53
size 13 shoe. He says his feet were quite comfortable

Husbands measurements:
6'2"
280 lb
calf 18.5
hips 47.5
waist 46.5
chest 53
That's me almost exactly...except your husband is likely much better looking. I'll probably try the test chair anyway, but this is quite encouraging.

We just returned from our vacation. I sadly was unable to ride.

I wasn't surprised. I was worried about the back restraint prior to trying (I feel like I carry most of my weight in my mid-section, butt and thighs), but what actually ended up being the problem was the leg restraint. My calves are about 20 inches. I'm 5'4" and have short legs.

They added two "anytime" FPs to MDE for me (just me, not my whole family). I could use them at any park on that day or the next day.

I don't have issues with any other ride at Disney.

This seems to be a problem if you carry lots of stuff in your pockets too. I'm 5' 10", 160 lbs but it was still tough for me to fit in because of my pockets, I had to keep squeezing in further until got in there. At first I thought I'd have to ride slouched over but then realized I could still put my back up. I agree it's absolutely ridiculously unnecessary to have such restraints and have them be so limited

The ride is incredible. I was worried about fitting. Hit up the test seat the day before. I am 5'10 232lbs. Cast member said I would have no problem. Very nervous on the big day. Spoke to some women on the buses that said they got vertigo etc. One had a good tip. Move your whole head rather then just your eyes. This helps with the virtual reality issue's. Anyway, clicked in fine. A man at the end struggled a little bit but he asked 3 or 4x for help and they got him in! So bottom line...I'm not usually a fan of VR but darn it - I can fly!! It is incredible!

55756289-82C0-4DC5-9C02-7109F0707D0F.jpeg [GALLERY=][/GALLERY]Just wanted to thank those of you who kindly gave your body dimensions. I gave the FOP test seat a try a few days before our FOP adr and the CM said I would definitely fit. I was still worried while getting loaded on the ride, but I fit just fine. Here are my dimensions as I hope I can help someone feel brave enough to try the test seat and the actual seats just like posts on here gave me hope and courage. It was an amazing ride! We ended up waiting 2 hrs to ride again on the same day.
Height: 5’
Weight:266 lbs (yikes!!)
Calves: 18”
Shirt size: Men’s L and Ladies’ XL orXXL
Jeans (and denim skirts): 22/24
I carry most of my weight on my lower body, but I wasn’t able to ride Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey because I couldn’t lower the restraints enough. I was able to ride Gringotts though.

Attached is a picture of me with my lovely husband.

I was really worried about riding this ride but I tried the seat outside and fit not problem. It is a amazing ride!

6’ 4” in. and 300 lbs. I just couldn’t get my knees and feet into the leg chambers at the same time. The chambers weren’t tall enough. Since my knees didn’t go in my pelvis was too far back. *But* I fit on the outdoor test chair! Cast member said outdoor chair has less padding (?)! I might have fit if I wore moccasins. :(

CM said the padding was bolstered to better secure children.

View attachment 290607 [GALLERY=][/GALLERY]Just wanted to thank those of you who kindly gave your body dimensions. I gave the FOP test seat a try a few days before our FOP adr and the CM said I would definitely fit. I was still worried while getting loaded on the ride, but I fit just fine. Here are my dimensions as I hope I can help someone feel brave enough to try the test seat and the actual seats just like posts on here gave me hope and courage. It was an amazing ride! We ended up waiting 2 hrs to ride again on the same day.
I carry most of my weight on my lower body, but I wasn’t able to ride Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey because I couldn’t lower the restraints enough. I was able to ride Gringotts though.

View attachment 290607 [GALLERY=][/GALLERY]Just wanted to thank those of you who kindly gave your body dimensions. I gave the FOP test seat a try a few days before our FOP adr and the CM said I would definitely fit. I was still worried while getting loaded on the ride, but I fit just fine. Here are my dimensions as I hope I can help someone feel brave enough to try the test seat and the actual seats just like posts on here gave me hope and courage. It was an amazing ride! We ended up waiting 2 hrs to ride again on the same day.

Beautiful couple. Adorable photo. Great info. Thank you so much for this info.

My DH fit just fine on the ride. The first time he rode the back restraint didn't click because he wasn't sitting all the way forward and the cast member had to push it closed on him. The second time, DH scooted all the way forward and it clicked on its own.

Husbands measurements:
6'2"
280 lb
calf 18.5
hips 47.5
waist 46.5
chest 53

I really think that the different rooms have different size seats or it comes down to the CM. DH is almost these exact dimensions and he didn't fit.

I have to thank everyone who has posted here! I wasn't able to ride FOP today, the back clicked just fine but the leg restraints wouldn't go. I was on my toes, lifting my knees has high as they could go. Not sure of my calf measurement, but probably about 20-21". It probably would have been the most mortifying moment of my life if so many people hadn't already shared their experiences. I went in there hoping I would fit, but fully prepared to have to walk off. Having finally seen it in person, I'm surprised that it doesn't fit more sizes. Other rides that have restraints coming from the front have a confined space to work with and you almost never hear of someone not fitting. All that said, I was so prepared and had such a good understanding of the body types that haven't fit, I wasn't surprised, or even disappointed, that it didn't work for me. The only embarassing part was how apologetic the CM outside the room was. But he gave my entire party FPs, and that was some nice pixie dust.

So thank you, all you wonderful people who have been brave enough to share your stories and measurements!

We were at Pandora for the first time this past week. My husband is 6'2 and just over 300lbs, carries it all in his belly. Unfortunately he was not able to ride, they couldn't get it to click. We were very disappointed as he is able to ride everything else at Disney with no problem (7 dwarfs is tight due to his long legs but he does ride). The most disappointing thing is that there is no reason for this ride to be so limiting like this. At the very least they could make a couple modified cycles that accomodate taller/larger sizes. Pretty unacceptable for a brand new ride. What was even more shocking was that the Navi ride didn't have a wheelchair boat (our daughter cannot transfer so we had to lift her). It is an even slower ride than small world! Someone has really dropped the ball creating these new rides. Thank you for every one here sharing their experiences so we were prepared that my dh might not fit.

5’10, about 350, 58” waist, and a no go on FoP—But was able to go everything else at WDW, 7DMT included!

Universal was better than expected in some ways but not others:

Tonight Show ride: Cast members had seatbelt extensions, wasn’t a problem.

The Mummy: Was OK on the test seat, but a no go on the ride. They said it was very close though; my belt buckle may have made the difference.

Transformers, Spider-Man, Simpsons, Jurassic Park - all fine.

Dudley Do Right - surprisingly a no go. I don’t even remember this having real restraints when I went 10 years ago.

Gringotts - surprisingly not even close. Where the Mummy lap bar’s hinge is around foot level, the Gringotts lap bar hinge is much higher, so a big belly blocks the bar more.

Forbidden Journey and Rip Ride Rocket - didn’t bother trying.

Hey, this thread has been helpful to me, so I want to pay it forward. My family spent the day at Animal Kingdom yesterday and were able to score fastpasses for FOP. I was nervous. When I left for vacation, I weighed 258 and I'm 5'8". But I tried the test seat and the castmember barely pushed and said I should have no problem.

In the ride, I got on with no issues and the cast member didn't even approach me at all. The ride was amazing!

I'm way too worried about this. My husband is 5'6 and probably 275 and wears most of his weight in his stomach but he also has large calves. If he can't ride, he's going to be very sad. Guess we'll find out in a week!

I was somewhat worried (6', ~230 lbs), but I think it really comes down to weight distribution. I rode it 3X, with the first time hearing the "click" and knew I was fine. Rides 2 and 3, I didn't hear the click, so a CM had to assist.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter