Flight Centre deal - how does it work???

zaccy

Mouseketeer
Hi All I need your help :)

Have seen people on here talk about going to flight centre and getting prices matched plus a $20 voucher. How does this work? Do you get a quote from them first, or do you rock up with a quote from somewhere else, do you only get the voucher if they can't match the price:confused:

I can be a bit shy about asking for this type of thing is it offered or do you need to ask.

HELP :confused3

Ok zaccy I have done this many times, here is how it works.

First you need to scour the internet for the best price you can find for what you are looking for. Personally I would suggest buying all components separately, as in airfares, accom, transfers etc, as I think you can get the better deal that way as opposed to buying an entire package.

Once you have found the best price simply print it off and take it in to flight centre. They will tell you what price they can do for the same thing. If the price you have is less - and it usually will be - then just ask them to match the printed quote you have given them. They will then match the price and give you a further $1 off each item. Then they should give you a $20 FC voucher for each person.

The $20 voucher can not be used in that same transaction, it can only be used on something else. So if you want to buy tickets or anything else just get them at a later date and you can use the vouchers then.

The only thing to really be careful of is that they will only match prices from Australian websites. So the airlines websites are fine, they will match them and also Expedia.com.au, but not Expedia.com. I have found Expedia to normally have really great prices, especially on park hoppers.

Remember zaccy not to be shy. Ask for what you are entitled to. FC are a multi-million dollar corporation who will take you for a ride given the opportunity. Walk in there like you know what you are talking about and talk to them like you have done your research. They are the ones that advertise price beating so don't be embarrassed to ask for it.

Hope that helps and good luck :thumbsup2

xxx

Zaccy I am so glad you asked this question. I was wondering about this too. I think FC would be happy to get the business so I definitely don't think you should feel bad or nervous about asking for something that they readily advertise. They in fact are getting you to do all of the research and then they sweep in and steal the deal from those websites.

Aussiegirls, I really appreciate the explanation.

Just to let you know, I did this recently with the trip insurance portion of our holiday.
After making all the comparisons, we found the Medibank one was the best for us. It worked out $1200 (yep, that is not a typo) cheaper. We printed off the page & took it in to our local Flight Centre. They checked it out & then were able to price match it! Result.
I must be one of the few on these boards that like Flight Centre. Maybe it is because I am from a smallish place & we know & have built up a good relationship with the staff over the years. We do a lot of the background research ourselves, usually end up booking flights, cruises & some package deals thru them & the other stuff ourselves. We always use them where we can though because I like the thought that the money (some of it at least) is staying locally.

I used to work for Flight Centre and there is a lot of pressure on the consultants to make big commissions. So they will quote high at first but make sure you get cheaper quotes and take it to them. They will match/better the lowest quote. They might not be happy about it, but they will do it :rotfl:.

I was able to use the $20 x 5 vouchers to pay for our travel insurance for the trip. I just purchased it as a separate transaction after I had paid for the rest of the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter