Flex Pass Superthread: Disneyland Resort Introduces New Annual Passport that Combines Value and Flexibility

This may have already been asked in this thread, but I can't seem to find it. What time of day does the 30 day reservation window open for bookings? Is it right at the stroke of midnight? Or do you need to wait until morning? Also, I am assuming it would be on pacific time?

This may have already been asked in this thread, but I can't seem to find it. What time of day does the 30 day reservation window open for bookings? Is it right at the stroke of midnight? Or do you need to wait until morning? Also, I am assuming it would be on pacific time?
7a PT from my experience

Hello!
New to this site.
I have a couple of questions, not sure where I should post them. I couldn’t find an annual pass forum.
I just purchased 3 Disneyland FlexPassed w/ FASTPASS on July 27.
We are leaving in 2 weeks, I am a California resident so I have payment plan.

1. What do I need to bring to activate a child’s annual pass? seeing as she doesn’t have an ID, not really sure I want to bring a hard copy of her birth certificate, would a copy work?

2. I am activating the night we arrive in Anaheim, my reservation is for the next day and day after, as we can only reserve 2 days at a time. The night we activate it, would we be able to get into the park for one of the shows?
It would be around 9pm.

3. I have been reading about how the expiration date is the date you activate it, but I had a signature pass a few years ago and I bought it, and the expiration date was the day I bought it, we had activates it a few weeks later. I’m on the payment plan.
So if i bought it on the 27th of July, would it expire July 27, 2020, or August 13, 2020 because that is the date we are activating it.

Thanks!

I can reply to the third question: The expiration is the day of activation. I had a similar experience when I bought my Flex Pass on July 7, saying that it would expire July 7 2020, but when I got to the park, ten days later, the expiration had switched to that date instead. So you will gwt the full years from activation.

As for the other two, I would bring the certificate just in case, though I doubt that you'll really need it for a child. I'd imagine that they have some sort of ruling for that, but I don't completely know about that, since I don't have kids.

Also, I don't believe that you can go into the park without a reservation on the day you arrive. When I picked up my pass, the Cast Members had asked me if I had already made the reservation, otherwise I wasn't getting into the parks. I had already been able to reserve my day, though people next to me in line had not made a reservation, and thus were not allowed in. I assume they didn't know that you needed to make one because they probably picked it up the same day. So, you probably won't be able to get in the park, but it probably wouldn't hurt to ask.

Hello!
New to this site.
I have a couple of questions, not sure where I should post them. I couldn’t find an annual pass forum.
I just purchased 3 Disneyland FlexPassed w/ FASTPASS on July 27.
We are leaving in 2 weeks, I am a California resident so I have payment plan.

1. What do I need to bring to activate a child’s annual pass? seeing as she doesn’t have an ID, not really sure I want to bring a hard copy of her birth certificate, would a copy work?

2. I am activating the night we arrive in Anaheim, my reservation is for the next day and day after, as we can only reserve 2 days at a time. The night we activate it, would we be able to get into the park for one of the shows?
It would be around 9pm.

3. I have been reading about how the expiration date is the date you activate it, but I had a signature pass a few years ago and I bought it, and the expiration date was the day I bought it, we had activates it a few weeks later. I’m on the payment plan.
So if i bought it on the 27th of July, would it expire July 27, 2020, or August 13, 2020 because that is the date we are activating it.

Thanks!

Regarding question 2, I just asked this a few posts before yours. If the day that you are arriving is not a 'good to go day' and requires a reservation you would need to cancel one of your reserved days, reserve the day that you are physically there, and then once you scan in to the park you can reserve the day that you had just cancelled again. I hope that makes sense.

How do you/can you upgrade regular tickets to the flex pass? That way I could use our magic mornings and use it on days that might be blocked out? Was thinking of going Thanksgiving time. Like Use use passes Thursdays, Friday and Saturday and upgrade it Sat?

Jenn

We bought three day tickets and upgraded ours to Flex Passes while in the park. It gave us the option on the app to do so. We upgraded and added the MP on at the same time. We did have to go to the ticket booth on our next visit to get our physical cards and for them to change the expiration date but it was all super easy.

Last edited:
You will need to reserve all days you are going to the parks. Also, your expiration date will be one full year after it is activated.

I was just looking at the calendars for next year as we're considering upgrading at the end of our trip in September, and today August 2020 is showing as blocked. I swear that yesterday it wasn't like that because I went and priced some hotel reservations based on the open dates. Now they aren't showing? I wonder if it's just a temporary glitch of if they intend to block all of August next year? I hope not because then we really don't need to upgrade and I was so looking forward to the idea of being an AP holder for once in my life.

Edit to add: I now see that all levels of AP are blocked for all of August 2020 which makes me think it's just a weird calendar thing. :)

Last edited:
I was just looking at the calendars for next year as we're considering upgrading at the end of our trip in September, and today August 2020 is showing as blocked. I swear that yesterday it wasn't like that because I went and priced some hotel reservations based on the open dates. Now they aren't showing? I wonder if it's just a temporary glitch of if they intend to block all of August next year? I hope not because then we really don't need to upgrade and I was so looking forward to the idea of being an AP holder for once in my life.

Edit to add: I now see that all levels of AP are blocked for all of August 2020 which makes me think it's just a weird calendar thing. :)
Given that all levels show as blocked, I'd guess they simply haven't yet loaded the calendar for Aug 2020 or beyond.

Aug 2020 looks fine to me on the calendars. For Flex the first couple weeks are reservation required and then Mon-Thurs is good to go starting 8/17/20 with all other days reservation required

Aug 2020 looks fine to me on the calendars. For Flex the first couple weeks are reservation required and then Mon-Thurs is good to go starting 8/17/20 with all other days reservation required

Strange, that is what I remember seeing yesterday. But today I see this. Am I going crazy? It’s been a long week already, maybe my brain did something wrong??

839F7757-CE79-4D72-A941-0F0DBBAAD0BB.png

Strange, that is what I remember seeing yesterday. But today I see this. Am I going crazy? It’s been a long week already, maybe my brain did something wrong??

It's just Disney and their "special" IT department I think. :rolleyes2 If I look through the app or look on the web browser on my phone I see the same as your screenshot above. If I look in a web browser on my computer I see the normal schedule I mentioned above.

EDIT: Ok, I really don't know. I have the blockout calendar page just open all the time in a tab on my browser (yes, I might have a disney problem...) and that page shows the calendar I mentioned. But if I reopen the page in a new tab August is greyed out. Since its all passes I agree that its a "glitch" or perhaps they are still finalizing things but it will probably show up soon (perhaps tomorrow when Aug 19 starts?)

Interestingly I had to call the annual pass line. I was trying to pay for my Flex Pass down payments with my Disney Rewards card. CM informed me that I can only do it at the booths...no problem. I expressed my concern that I would get down there and the day is blocked from making reservations. She basically laughed and said I highly doubt that will happen. Not in a rude way just a matter of fact way. She then back tracked slightly and said of course I can't guarantee. I just thought it was a telling reply that they haven't been close to maxing out the flex pass.

Last edited:
August 17 is currently showing reservation not available for DL and it’s 20 days out.
Currently it is back to Unblocked. Will this be another day like 7/4, with multiple flip-flops in status?
Interestingly I had to call the annual pass line. I was trying to pass for my Flex Pass down payments with my Disney Rewards card. CM informed me that I can only do it at the booths...no problem. I expressed my concern that I get down there and the day is blocked from making reservations. She basically laughed and said I highly doubt that will happen. Not in a rude way just a matter of fact way. She then back tracked slightly and said of course I can't guarantee. I just thought it was a telling reply that they haven't been close to maxing out the flex pass.
How interesting!! Thanks for posting.

Currently it is back to Unblocked. Will this be another day like 7/4, with multiple flip-flops in status?
How interesting!! Thanks for posting.

I saw that today too. I couldn't figure out why it was blocked to begin with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter