Fleeing From a Winter Wonderland - A First-Timer's Disney Christmas-Completed 12/9/09

Over the past couple of days, during my very few minutes on the DIS, I read your entire TR-I'm loving it! You have such a great sense of humor, I found myself laughing out loud many times.

My DH and you would get along sooooo well. He's more into the actual "how did they do that?" side of Disney as well. Neither one of us are huge into characters (though, more so with Henry now), but we LOVE the techy stuff.

FLIGHT OF THE NAVIGATOR RULES!!!!!!!!! :banana:

Looking forward to more!

OK, catching up...

You must have posted just as I did! Funny how that happens once in a while!

THe backlot tour is a good one- once! There was absolutely NOTHING going on there when we rode it, although my kids got a kick out of Herbie. Yes, I subject my children to all old school Disney flicks, because that's what floats my boat. Who can go wrong with The Apple Dumpling Gang and Herbie?

Yeah, nothing more frustrating being stuck in a parade mass that you don't want to see! Happened twice at MK and once at DHS for us. You'd think we'd have learned the first time. :rotfl2:

Great update, looking forward to the pics!

The parades wouldn't be so bad if I didn't keep running into the things every single freakin' day. I suppose that probably falls into the category of lack of planning. I suppose I'll probably eventually figure out the whole "Oh, and by the way, there's a parade at 3" bit.

Hey Vexorg - nifty pics as usuall. Looking forward to more updates.

Thanks. I've been enjoying your TR as well, even if I get lost every so often..

Over the past couple of days, during my very few minutes on the DIS, I read your entire TR-I'm loving it! You have such a great sense of humor, I found myself laughing out loud many times.

My DH and you would get along sooooo well. He's more into the actual "how did they do that?" side of Disney as well. Neither one of us are huge into characters (though, more so with Henry now), but we LOVE the techy stuff.

FLIGHT OF THE NAVIGATOR RULES!!!!!!!!! :banana:

Looking forward to more!

Glad you made it over here. The next time I go to Disney World, I'm going to give some serious thought to one of the behind-the-scenes tours, even though they tend to be a bit of a splurge. If I ever hit the lottery, I'd even consider the Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic tour over in California, which includes all sorts of neat stuff like a trip to WDI and Disney Studios, and a visit to Walt's apartment in Disneyland. Too bad that one is so expensive or I'd be all over it.

:thumbsup2 on your TR

Thanks. Good to know that someone's getting value out of it. Good luck with your trip, the Hilton's a nice place, you just need to make sure you know what you're getting into with the buses and stuff.

There's more on the way (still got a day and a half (or so) to write about, and I'd kind of like to get it done before I go again (even though I have no clue when that might be.) I've been half-considering taking a long weekend at Disneyland for my birthday in June, but I am not sure whether or not I'd be able to do it yet.

Glad you made it over here. The next time I go to Disney World, I'm going to give some serious thought to one of the behind-the-scenes tours, even though they tend to be a bit of a splurge. If I ever hit the lottery, I'd even consider the Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic tour over in California, which includes all sorts of neat stuff like a trip to WDI and Disney Studios, and a visit to Walt's apartment in Disneyland. Too bad that one is so expensive or I'd be all over it.

Wow, that tour sounds amazing! I haven't looked too much into all the tours, but if/when we ever get over to Disneyland I might have to look into that one! I'm sure the price would scare me though.

Wow, that tour sounds amazing! I haven't looked too much into all the tours, but if/when we ever get over to Disneyland I might have to look into that one! I'm sure the price would scare me though.

I don't know how buried it is by now, but if you wander over to the Disneyland trip reports board someone did a fairly comprehensive TR on thatr one, and it looks like it would be really interesting. If only it wasn't so freakin' expensive...

Anyway, I should be putting together the next installment of this tomorrow. Actually, I should have been putting together the next installment of this roughly two months ago, but that's beside the point...

OK, I think I've procrasted on this one long enough, time for the next installment, The next one shouldn't take too long to write after this, since it will be fairly short and mostly pictures. That said, here you go...

Part 12: Well, I THINK It's Still the Future Anyway... (Back to Epcot for more fun and misadventure.)

When I last left off on this trip report, I had spent much of the morning in Downtown Disney trying to take it easy and recover a bit from the past two days of walking. After a so-so lunch (or breakfast, whatever you might call it) at House of Blues I ended up eventually getting to DHS, where I basically wandered around for a bit, then decided to head over to Epcot instead, but not before running into the obligatory 3-o-clock parade. When I finally made my way out the exit, I considered taking the boat, but ultimately ended up opting for a bus over to Epcot instead.

IMG_2963.jpg

When I arrived at Epcot, I didn't really have any set plans, although I wanted to see the portion of the World Showcase that I didn't make it to yesterday (which consisted of France, UK and Canada,) and try to get a ride on Soarin' in if possible. I did, however, plan to hop over to the Magic Kingdom to catch the Spectromagic parade around 7pm or so (it was around 3:30-4 by the time I made it to Epcot.) Since I wasn't exactly in a big hurry at this point, I decided to take it easy (yeah right) and slow down a bit. Not enough that I would actually do anything silly like actually figuring out where I was going or anything like that, but enough that I could actually stand to walk a bit. Upon arriving in Epcot, I saw that Spaceship Earth had no significant wait, so I decided to take another ride on that (not sure if my future turned out any better this time around than the last one though...)

IMG_2968.jpg

After that, I headed over to the Land pavilion, where I briefly contemplated getting in the standby line for Soarin' with a posted 35 minute wait, but ultimately I decided to skip the line in favor of picking up a Fastpass (with a return time around 7:30pm.) After that, I wandered around the pavilion for a bit, looking at the selections available at Sunshine Seasons (that steak I had for breakfast was starting to wear off) before deciding to continue on. I did see that the Living with the Land ride was basically a walk-on though, and hopped aboard for... something. I guess I had a vague idea that there were greenhouses somewhere in Epcot, but it wasn't until after I rode this that I figured out that this was the ride they were found in. That said, my occasional tendency toward general nerdiness meant that I found this quite interesting. It's definitely not the most thrilling ride in the place, but given the fact that 80% of the TV I watch these days comes from the Discovery and History Channels, I didn't mind.

IMG_2974.jpg

If not for the fact that I'd have nowhere to put the thing or even keep it alive, I wouldn't mind having one of these things around. Anyone seen how much they're charging for those things in the grocery store these days?

IMG_2972.jpg

I think there's some unwritten DIS law requiring that this photo must be included somewhere in every trip report. This requirement has now been fulfilled.

IMG_2975.jpg

They even managed to find a way to sneak a bit of Christmas decoration into this one.

IMG_2977.jpg

Having fulfilled my educational content quota for the day (sort of,) I made my way over toward the World Showcase again, but not before pausing for a look at the fountains over by the Imagination pavilion.

IMG_2979.jpg

Ah, the world-famous jumping fountains, one of the stars of the occasional "kid gets sprayed in the face" montage on America's Funniest Home Videos. I made sure to keep my distance, lest I become yet another statistic. Incidentally, if you ever make it to Las Vegas and are sober enough to do anything besides lose huge quantities of money on the Blackjack table, the conservatory at the Bellagio has some really cool jumping fountains like this. Not as famous as the ones outside, but cool looking nonetheless. If I ever get around to writing the Cynic's Guide to Las Vegas project I've had sitting perpetually on the back burner for years now, I'll have to note this. That particular project is mostly waiting for me to become foolhardy enough to actually go to Las Vegas again, but that's another story for another time (and no, that's not nearly as exciting as it sounds.)

IMG_2981.jpg

After admiring (or staring blankly at, depending on your point of view) the fountains for a few minutes, I continued my journey to the World Showcase, where in spite of my plan to see the side I missed yesterday, I ended up heading in the same direction as the previous day.

IMG_2988.jpg

I had intended to ride Maelstrom (which I missed yesterday since I basically just completely skipped the Norway pavilion en route to China,) and when I got there it showed a 10-minute wait. In theory this would have been true, but the line was clearly not moving when I got there. After about five minutes of waiting (I probably wouldn't have done so if they hadn't given me one of those red FLIK cards on the way in) they announced that the ride had broken down, and it looked like they were going to have to do an evac.

IMG_2982.jpg

In order to make it at least look like this wasn't a wasted trip, I wandered into the gift shop for a bit. While I was there I ran into this guy, who seemed to be either a mythical creature of Scandinavian lore, or a typical DIS Community Board poster.

Following the non-ride on Maelstrom (which ultimately ended up on the list of things I missed on this trip,) I remembered that I was getting hungry, and in spite of yesterday's misadventure in line at the Mexico counter service place, I decided to give it another shot, and finding no significant line this time I went and ordered the nachos. In retrospect, I probably should have taken yesterday's misadventure as a hint, since I found the resulting product to be rather disappointing. I suppose some of the other selections here might have been better, but I'm not sure I'd try this place again. I'll probably try to get an ADR for the San Angel Inn next time I go and give it a try, since it seems like they havfe a pretty decent menu.

IMG_2999.jpg

Following yet another culinary misadventure (there seem to have been a fair number of those on this trip, and this wouldn't be the last,) I continued on another trip around the World Showcase, managing somehow to completely ignore what little plan I had made and travel in the same direction that I had gone in the day before, not bothering to stop anywhere until I reached the pavilions I didn't reach yesterday. After all, whenever you get a great opportunity to do a half mile of extraneous walking when your feet are about to fall off, you've just got to take it, right? Anyway, as I made my way around, the sun began to set, and dusk began to settle upon the World.

IMG_3008.jpg

By the time I made it over to France, it was pretty much dark. In spite of that, I somehow managed to get this shot to turn out decent.

IMG_3017.jpg

Unfortunately, I still didn't get a chance to do much more than wander through the France and UK pavilions (more on that when it comes time to wrap up the TR) a bit before I saw that it was getting to be just about time to consider heading for the Magic Kingdom if I wanted to catch Spectromagic. I had to skip Canada (again) and head for the monorail. Ostensibly, my plan at this point was to head to the MK, watch Spectromagic, then come back to Epcot to ride Soarin', then settle in and find a spot for Illuminations.

IMG_3019.jpg

I made my way out of the park, and to the Monorail to make the ride across. It is from here that I will resume my Trip Report, and I guarantee I won't make people wait two weeks for the next installment (maybe.)

Coming up next: Part 13 - Park Hopping for Dummies (Finishing off day 3 with a Symphony of Blur-o-magic, and even more plans to throw out the window.)

We love Livin' with the Land too (despite missing it on the past 2 trips!) and really want to do the Behind the Seeds Tour at some point. It really is interesting to learn about!

I love those fountains too-they really took me by surprise the first time I saw them. I think in a few years (or maybe less) Henry will find great enjoyment from getting sprayed by them!! :laughing:

Dude! I totally missed an update!

I guess I had a vague idea that there were greenhouses somewhere in Epcot, but it wasn't until after I rode this that I figured out that this was the ride they were found in. That said, my occasional tendency toward general nerdiness meant that I found this quite interesting. It's definitely not the most thrilling ride in the place, but given the fact that 80% of the TV I watch these days comes from the Discovery and History Channels, I didn't mind.
Don't feel bad. Ever since my ride through The Land in 1990, I've always thought it would be cool to have a hyrdroponics garden. Of course the fact that my growing skills end at mowing the lawn don't factor into it all.

I think there's some unwritten DIS law requiring that this photo must be included somewhere in every trip report. This requirement has now been fulfilled.
I think they issue you some sort of stamp or something.

I try not to include photos in quotes as I don't want to take up more bandwidth. So, I'll just comment that I LOVE upwards spraying fountain photo. Lighting just turned out perfect on it.

After about five minutes of waiting (I probably wouldn't have done so if they hadn't given me one of those red FLIK cards on the way in) they announced that the ride had broken down, and it looked like they were going to have to do an evac.
Let not your heart be troubled. Believe me.

While I was there I ran into this guy, who seemed to be either a mythical creature of Scandinavian lore, or a typical DIS Community Board poster.
:lmao: Okay that one made me snort out loud and gyrate momentarily. :rotfl2:

After all, whenever you get a great opportunity to do a half mile of extraneous walking when your feet are about to fall off, you've just got to take it, right?
That's DIS logic at its finest my friend.

By the time I made it over to France, it was pretty much dark. In spite of that, I somehow managed to get this shot to turn out decent.
I like it.

Ostensibly, my plan at this point was to head to the MK, watch Spectromagic, then come back to Epcot to ride Soarin', then settle in and find a spot for Illuminations.
Ambitious! Me Like.

I am one of those wierdos who would almost rather go thru Living with the Land than Soarin'! Yes, I know, there aren't many who would, but I love it! My nirvana would be to actually be ABLE to grow a garden like that!

LOve your picture of the sillouetted WS. Very nice sunset photo!

Sorry for not responsding to this, I've still got some catching up I need to do here. I am actually down in Utah visiting my brother, sister, brother-in-law and their new son who was just born about three and a half weeks ago. I know I said I wouldn't make peoiple wait fourteen days for the next update, but I won't really be able to do another one until I get home sometime in the middle of next week.

Sorry for not responsding to this, I've still got some catching up I need to do here. I am actually down in Utah visiting my brother, sister, brother-in-law and their new son who was just born about three and a half weeks ago. I know I said I wouldn't make peoiple wait fourteen days for the next update, but I won't really be able to do another one until I get home sometime in the middle of next week.

No problem - real life does interfer sometimes! Congratulations on the nephew!! :goodvibes

OK, I think I've made people wait long enough for another update. At this rate, I'll be lucky to finish off this trip report before I actually go again, and I haven't got a clue when that will be. Oh well, onward we go...

Part 13: Park Hopping For Dummies (Finding out that you CAN have too much of a good thing, and finding out what people who flunk out of the Jungle Cruise do for a living...)

When I last left off, I was just about to hop a monorail over to the Magic Kingdom in time for Spectromagic, with the plan to head back to Epcot afterwards to use a Soarin' Fastpass and catch Illuminations before turning in for the evening. The monorail ride back over to the Magic Kingdom was quick and painless, and before I knew it I was back there, but it seemed that I wasn't the only one looking to catch Spectromagic that evening.

IMG_3022.jpg

As seemed to be the case with just about every parade I actually wanted to watch, finding a decent spot was going to prove to be a challenge (of course, all the parades that were just getting in the way when I was trying to get somewhere had plenty of good seats available, but that's beside the point.) I also had a good 15-20 minutes before the parade was scheduled to start, so I spent a bit of time wandering around Main Street. Along the way, I happened to catch a conversation between a CM and some guests about the then unannounced rehab of Space Mountain, providing some details about what would be happening there. Some have proven correct (the CM gave an April date for the ride shutdown) and others haven't been determined one way or the other yet (he said the cars would retain the same single-seat layout and the track layout would also remain unchanged.) We'll have to see how true this conversation turns out to be when we see the upgraded Space Mountain in the Fall.

After that, I ended up wandering through the shops a bit more, but didn't buy anything. Finally, I went looking for a halfway decent viewing location for the parade (it had become apparent by this point that an entirely decent location was going to be out of the question,) and settled into a spot that was only partially obstructed near the front of Main Street. Soon, the parade began:

IMG_3028.jpg

I made a valiant attempt to get some photos of the parade as it passed by, but it seems that my camera isn't quite up to the task of taking photos in such low-light conditions. For some reason it did OK with Wishes, but Spectromagic seemed to not be allowing the camera to take short enough exposures to get anything but blur.

IMG_3032.jpg

This is what most of my photos ended up looking like.

IMG_3036.jpg

The flash, of course, didn't seem to help much either.

IMG_3040.jpg

In spite of the difficulties faced, I did still manage to luck into a couple of good shots here and there. This one actually turned out pretty decent.

IMG_3043.jpg

IMG_3045.jpg

As did these two, although there's not much to see in the background.

IMG_3062.jpg

Eventually, I managed to sneak into a slightly less obstructed spot as some of the people watching in front decided to leave, but I still had to stand up (which wasn't exactly my favorite thing in the world to do at that point.)

IMG_3071.jpg

From there, I was able to get some much less obstructed shots, although most didn't really come out.

IMG_3083.jpg

Eventually Spectromagic came to an end, and since my Soarin' Fastpass time was at hand, I didn't have time to hang around. I departed the Magic Kingdom for what would turn out to be my last time on this trip, and grabbed the monorail back to Epcot.

IMG_3090.jpg

Epcot is definitely a place that has a different feel to it at night.

IMG_3096-1.jpg

Once there, I headed for Soarin', where I got in the Fastpass line which, all things considered, didn't seem to be moving particularly fast. I suppose I'm a bit spoiled as far as Soarin' goes because on my 2006 trip to Disneyland I managed to ride it six times in three days with little to no wait. Still, the ride remains impressive, even if it does take a lot longer to get to over here.

IMG_3093-1.jpg

Once I got off Soarin' there was still about an hour left before Illuminations, and at this point I came to two realizations: 1) If I had to stand up and walk around for much longer, I ran the risk of something important falling off and 2) I still hadn't had any dinner. As I pondered my options, I wandered over to the MouseGears store for a few minutes, and while there, I ultimately decided that Illuminations could wait until tomorrow, and proceeded to head for the exit, temporarily forgetting that it was a long freakin' walk from the Epcot gate to the charter bus lot where the DTD buses picked up.

IMG_3109.jpg

Fortunately by the time I made it over there the bus was already waiting, so I boarded for the return trip to the hotel. As it would turn out, the bus ride would prove to be just a bit more interesting than I had planned on, as the driver of our bus seems to have been some sort of refugee from the Jungle Cruise. Fortunately, my half-mumbled sarcastic suggestion that the driver quote the omnipresent Stacy video from memory throughout the ride was only half-considered by our driver. This was definitely a good thing, because if he had I suspect there's a good chance I might have gotten myself tossed out the nearest emergency exit by an angry mob of fellow passengers. Instead, the ride back to the hotel (by way of DHS) was filled with some of the corniest one-liners and low-budget puns I've ever heard this side of a third grade jokebook. Eventually we made it back to the hotel, but I cannot confirm or deny that I fled the bus in panic when I got there. After sitting down for a few minutes in my room and making a quick check of my e-mail, I decided to walk over to Downtown Disney to find a nugget-free meal of some sort.

IMG_3112.jpg

Since Earl of Sandwich was the closest place to the entrance (and well-reviewed on the DIS,) I opted for that, and grabbed a meatball sub and a cup of potato soup.

IMG_3113.jpg

Food never looks that great in the dark, does it? I suspect if I looked, I could probably find a questionable diet or two based on this fact...

After polishing off my (late) dinner, I wandered in and out of some of the shops in the area, but didn't bother buying anything (yet). Eventually it was just about closing time for DTD, and time to head back to the hotel.

IMG_3120.jpg

I did make another stop at Ghirardelli for an ice cream cone on the way out though. After all, I don't seem to get a whole lot of chance to go on vacation, especially here. I might as well make the most of it. Anyway, I took the waffle cone back to my hotel room, and settled in for the evening. Tomorrow would be the last day of the trip, but at that point my plans were still pretty much up in the air for the day. I will pick up from there in the next installment, which I promise (for real this time) I won't take a month to write... Which, given my track record, probably means it'll probably be two months, but that's beside the point.

Next up: Part 14: Gone Hollywood - Back in Five Minutes (In which I fail to make it in the movies, and manage to get myself yelled at...)

OK, I think I've made people wait long enough for another update. At this rate, I'll be lucky to finish off this trip report before I actually go again, and I haven't got a clue when that will be.
:rolleyes1

When I last left off, I was just about to hop a monorail over to the Magic Kingdom in time for Spectromagic, with the plan to head back to Epcot afterwards to use a Soarin' Fastpass and catch Illuminations before turning in for the evening.
Now that’s a mighty ambitious plan right there!

Along the way, I happened to catch a conversation between a CM and some guests about the then unannounced rehab of Space Mountain, providing some details about what would be happening there. Some have proven correct (the CM gave an April date for the ride shutdown) and others haven't been determined one way or the other yet (he said the cars would retain the same single-seat layout and the track layout would also remain unchanged.) We'll have to see how true this conversation turns out to be when we see the upgraded Space Mountain in the Fall.
Don’t remind me! I’m TOTALLY bummed about not getting to partake of my favorite attraction!

Epcot is definitely a place that has a different feel to it at night.
Too True. (Although I’ve been there all of ONCE at night so I’m not the world’s foremost expert on the subject.)

Once I got off Soarin' there was still about an hour left before Illuminations, and at this point I came to two realizations: 1) If I had to stand up and walk around for much longer, I ran the risk of something important falling off and 2) I still hadn't had any dinner.
Not a healthy combination my friend.

Since Earl of Sandwich was the closest place to the entrance (and well-reviewed on the DIS,) I opted for that, and grabbed a meatball sub and a cup of potato soup.
Good call!

I will pick up from there in the next installment, which I promise (for real this time) I won't take a month to write... Which, given my track record, probably means it'll probably be two months, but that's beside the point.
:rolleyes1

Next up: Part 14: Gone Hollywood - Back in Five Minutes (In which I fail to make it in the movies, and manage to get myself yelled at...)
Sounds interesting! popcorn::

And just a quick note to let people know that the next part of the Blog version of the trip report has now been posted. As usual, this is the same trip report posts that have been posted here (in this case, parts 11, 12 and 13,) dejargonized for the benefit of non-DISers and with a few additional notes added here and there. In this case, I also modified part 11 somewhat and added photos directly to the post. You can find the Blog post here:

Disney World Trip Report Part 6: Park Hopping for Dummies

I'll also be trying (ha!) to get the rest of this trip report finished up before too long here, as circumstances have led to me giving some consideration to taking a quick 3 or 4 day trip to Disneyland on short notice (more on that if it actually materializes.)

Spectro is a hard parade to get decent shots of. We had to completely tweak our settings to get some. The motion mixed with low-light it what makes it so difficult.

Did you enjoy Earl's? I realllllllly liked my sammich from there in January. And pretty decent price considering it's Disney World.

I think you must have had the bus driver we had on our ME to the resort in both November and January. LOTS of corny one-liners-which were very fun on your way to start your vacation, but I can sympathize with late night and how it would have been a tad annoying. Or maybe more than a tad...

I've never been in Giradehlli. I probably spelled that wrong. It always looks good, but I've never been hungry enough while in DTD.

Looking forward to hearing about the possible Disneyland trip!

OK, time to catch up (not much catching up to do, it would seem...)

Spectro is a hard parade to get decent shots of. We had to completely tweak our settings to get some. The motion mixed with low-light it what makes it so difficult.

Did you enjoy Earl's? I realllllllly liked my sammich from there in January. And pretty decent price considering it's Disney World.

I think you must have had the bus driver we had on our ME to the resort in both November and January. LOTS of corny one-liners-which were very fun on your way to start your vacation, but I can sympathize with late night and how it would have been a tad annoying. Or maybe more than a tad...

I've never been in Giradehlli. I probably spelled that wrong. It always looks good, but I've never been hungry enough while in DTD.

Looking forward to hearing about the possible Disneyland trip!

I'm sure if I had something besides a point-and-shoot camera I'd do much better on Spectromagic, but for now I'll make do with what I have. The funny thing is that a couple of months ago I managed to break the camera I used for these shots when I accidentally dropped it (long story, I blogged it but I'm too lazy to find the link.) I sent it to Canon to get it repaired and they wanted $140 for a replacement lens, which was more than I wanted to pay for a repair. Since I didn't really want to go back to the crummy old Olympus I had been using for quite a while before I got this one, I decided to bite the bullet and get another one, which I did (a PowerShot SD890, similar to my SD850 but a couple of revisions newer.) Since I assumed the old camera was a loss, I had it sent back so I could at least reuse the battery, but when it came back from Canon I found that somehow between there and here the problem had been fixed, meaning that I have two cameras now. But I digress...

As for Earl of Sandwich, I don't think one meal is enough to get a good feel for the place, but I thought it was quite good, and (more importantly) was cheaper than anything they had at the hotel. Even so, I definitely need to plan my food better the next time around.

Unfortunately, Disneyland ended up not working out, partially because I didn't have time to plan it soon enough, and partially because I had something else come up semi-unexpectedly that could end up throwing the proverbial monkey wrench into pretty much everything. The short version is that I'm interviewing for a job in Salt Lake City next week, and could end up moving there as a result. I'll have to see what happens, but if I did end up moving down there I'd be only 700 miles from Disneyland, which is definitely within roadtrip distance. I'd also be in a position where I might actually have vacation time to use every once in a while too. I guess I'll have to see what happens, but it's a big decision to make, and I don't know if I'm even going to need to make it yet.

Anyway, a new installment of the TR is on the way shortly. I might actually finish this thing at some point... Of course, then the question becomes what to do next?

Your blog is through WordPress, right? Is there an RSS feed for it? I live by my Google Reader! I didn't see anything about RSS on it, but maybe I just missed it. The blog posts of yours that I have read have had me in tears they were so funny-plus Joe has REALLY enjoyed them as well! :thumbsup2

Interesting about the possiblity of moving to Salt Lake City. I hope it all works out for the best for you! Keep us posted.

What to do after a TR? Start planning another trip of course, it's a perfect excuse. ;)

Your blog is through WordPress, right? Is there an RSS feed for it? I live by my Google Reader! I didn't see anything about RSS on it, but maybe I just missed it. The blog posts of yours that I have read have had me in tears they were so funny-plus Joe has REALLY enjoyed them as well! :thumbsup2

Interesting about the possiblity of moving to Salt Lake City. I hope it all works out for the best for you! Keep us posted.

What to do after a TR? Start planning another trip of course, it's a perfect excuse. ;)

Try this:

http://thesledgehammer.wordpress.com/feed/rss/

And yes, I do go through Wordpress. I've got a few nitpicks with it (mostly in terms of user interface and a seriously fail-o-riffic built-in spell checker) but it has some nice features to it as well like built-in Blog stats, a much easier comment system to deal with (for the users anyway) and other things like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter