FL resident tickets...when do they check id?

scotton

Earning My Ears
Do they check your id when you purchase them AND when you go through the gates? How come anyone can purchase them online? How does that work?

TIA.

Marie

If you purchase an FL resident ticket online you'll get a ticket exchange voucher. When you get to the park you'll exchange that voucher for a ticket and you'll need to show your ID at that time. If you can't produce a FL resident ID they'll let you upgrade to a non FL resident ticket and give you credit for the cost of the voucher.

At the time you purchase a FL resident ticket (or exchange your voucher) and show ID they'll have you do a finger scan.

When you purchase them online you get a certificate which must be converted to a live pass at any Park ticket window or Guest Relations Office. Everyone 18 or older must have proof of residency. I have had some people try that at my window and had to pay the difference between what they had already paid and regular (non resident) tickets. I had already stamped the certificates VOID which is normal procedure when doing any upgrade or activation. And if they had asked for the certificates back I would have put notes in the system about them tied to the certificate numbers.

These are the official rules:

Florida Resident tickets are only available to actual Florida Residents and cannot be purchased for out-of-state family or friends.

An adult Florida Resident may purchase Florida Resident media for more than one Florida Resident from any location that provides an exchange certificate and not an actual ticket.

Children under the age of 18 are not required to provide proof of Florida residency if they are accompanied by an adult with valid proof of Florida residency

If the Guest has an exchange certificate, a valid form of Florida ID will be required when the exchange certificate is redeemed for the actual pass

One ticket only per valid proof of Florida residence (a Florida resident may buy tickets for minors in the party)

Exchange Certificates may say:

"After sale..., may not be transferred except as a gift." This means that the certificate may be given as a gift, so long as the recipient meets the defined Florida residency criteria.

"Purchase and redemption of this exchange certificate requires proof of Florida Residency."

The following items are the only documents accepted as proof of Florida Residency:
* Valid Florida State Drivers License
* Valid Florida State issued ID Card with Florida Address
* Valid Military ID stationed at one of the Florida Military Bases listed below:
(List of bases removed as unneeded)

As of August 20, 2010, Voter Registration Card is no longer an allowed ID
As of August 20, 2010, Florida University/College Student ID is no longer allowed

For Part-Year Residents the following original documents are acceptable.

Note that fax and photocopies are not acceptable, that bills and mail cannot be more than two months old, that PO Box addresses are not allowed, and items related to Time Shares are not permitted.
Must have a driver's license or state photo ID card from another state, or a non-US Passport and at least one of the following items which does show a Florida address:
* Monthly mortgage statement
* Current homeowner's insurance policy or bill, current automobile registration, insurance policy or bill or current utility bill (Power/Phone/Cable/Water).
* Statement from a financial institution showing checking, savings or investment information or mail from a Federal or Florida State, County or City government agency.

Effective August 20, 2010 Proof of Rent, Mortgage or Ownership such as a Deed, mortgage payment booklet or residential lease are no longer allowed.

i was wondering do all the kids have to be at the window to get the passes even if they are under 18 im going to get the tickets for my family as a surprise for my brothers grad and they wont be there at the time so can i still get them they are 17, 14,9,and 1

When you purchase them online you get a certificate which must be converted to a live pass at any Park ticket window or Guest Relations Office. Everyone 18 or older must have proof of residency. I have had some people try that at my window and had to pay the difference between what they had already paid and regular (non resident) tickets. I had already stamped the certificates VOID which is normal procedure when doing any upgrade or activation. And if they had asked for the certificates back I would have put notes in the system about them tied to the certificate numbers.

I'm sorry, but this seems like shady dealings. Why allow the sale online if you're going to later force them to pay an upgrade for not being a resident? It seems like you should check residency at the time of purchase, not when you have them reeled in at the park.

I'm sorry, but this seems like shady dealings. Why allow the sale online if you're going to later force them to pay an upgrade for not being a resident? It seems like you should check residency at the time of purchase, not when you have them reeled in at the park.
Hey! Welcome to the disboards!

Just a little word of advice, bumping 2-year-old threads is not a good idea. It's a better idea to start a new thread, since zombie threads can contain outdated and useless information.

However, in this case, the information that Cheshire Figment supplied in 2011 remains in effect. You could purchase a FL resident voucher online but you would still need to provide proof of residency at the time that you exchange it for an actual ticket. There is nothing shady about this. The only shady dealings would be on the part of non-residents who purchase vouchers online with the intent to somehow circumvent Disney's rules.

How do you propose that be done?

The shady dealings - and so burden of proof - would be on the part of the purchaser attempting to get around the requirements and restrictions for being eligible for a Florida resident discount.

i was wondering do all the kids have to be at the window to get the passes even if they are under 18 im going to get the tickets for my family as a surprise for my brothers grad and they wont be there at the time so can i still get them they are 17, 14,9,and 1

1) Under 18 do not require ANY identification.
2) They can be present or absent at toime of purchase and activation.
3) Many grandparents buy their out-of-state grandkids FL discounted tix.

Hey! Welcome to the disboards!

Just a little word of advice, bumping 2-year-old threads is not a good idea. It's a better idea to start a new thread, since zombie threads can contain outdated and useless information.

However, in this case, the information that Cheshire Figment supplied in 2011 remains in effect. You could purchase a FL resident voucher online but you would still need to provide proof of residency at the time that you exchange it for an actual ticket. There is nothing shady about this. The only shady dealings would be on the part of non-residents who purchase vouchers online with the intent to somehow circumvent Disney's rules.

:thumbsup2 They do ask you to enter your zip code to access FL resident rates, don't they?

:thumbsup2 They do ask you to enter your zip code to access FL resident rates, don't they?

That was my experience. When we were FL residents, you had to do that and you couldn't have anything mailed to you unless it was a FL address (this is going back 6-7 years).

I don't see any reason not to require it at both instances. Why wouldn't you have your ID at the park? Technically Disney can ask for ID at ANY time. I went down with some friends who were locals and they were asked for FL ID even months after activating their passes. One guy left his in the car at TTC and yes, they made him go back and get it. I don't see any problem with this.

I don't see any reason not to require it at both instances. Why wouldn't you have your ID at the park? Technically Disney can ask for ID at ANY time. I went down with some friends who were locals and they were asked for FL ID even months after activating their passes. One guy left his in the car at TTC and yes, they made him go back and get it. I don't see any problem with this.

Man I was really hoping to leave my ID at the hotel. I have enough things to remember/lose that I thought once we checked in I could just leave it there. Oh well, time to search for a prettly lanyard. Any suggestions?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter