Fish extender gifts stolen?

Just because people don't need to steal doesn't mean they won't steal. On my second Disney cruise, my wallet fell out of my purse (had it because we had spent the day shopping/eating/drinking in St Maarten) while I was up on deck and when I went back just ten minutes later the bills (a whole seven dollars after all that shopping/eating/drinking) in it was gone.

Every cruise line I have been on has done that -- told us to call and when we do, told us to leave them in the hallway.
Leaving trays (and carts) out in the hallway after having room service is standard practice in hotels too but I don't remember being asked to call. Maybe timely pick up is not as big an issue in hotel with their much wider hallways (or maybe I am old and forgetful).

Just because people don't need to steal doesn't mean they won't steal. On my second Disney cruise, my wallet fell out of my purse (had it because we had spent the day shopping/eating/drinking in St Maarten) while I was up on deck and when I went back just ten minutes later the bills (a whole seven dollars after all that shopping/eating/drinking) in it was gone.

Leaving trays (and carts) out in the hallway after having room service is standard practice in hotels too but I don't remember being asked to call. Maybe timely pick up is not as big an issue in hotel with their much wider hallways (or maybe I am old and forgetful).

That's sad about your wallet. Were the credit cards still there?

On one of the Disney cruises a woman left a baby stroller outside the theater with her camera in it. When they came out, the camera was gone. All she wanted was the camera card and posted notes and signs everywhere, and Guest services put it in the Navigator, but I don't think they ever returned anything. And you're right, stealing doesn't mean they need it -- it's just "fun", but can ruin another person's vacation pretty quickly.

That's sad about your wallet. Were the credit cards still there?
Credit cards, debit card, drivers license, ect were all still there. So was the change. Just the bills were gone. We figured he was a pretty picky thief but the lady at guest services commented there wasn't much point in stealing the credit cards because we were on a ship so the cards would be cancelled long before the thief would be able to use them safely.

And you're right, stealing doesn't mean they need it -- it's just "fun", but can ruin another person's vacation pretty quickly.
Or they just want it. People's sense of entitlement is out of control these days. It amazes me how often I hear people express how they deserve something despite having not earned it on any level.

We frequently stay in hotels (internationally) where they ask us to call when we're done and they do come and collect the tray. We've even had them call us if we don't call them!

Just a thought: On my trips to Disney and Universal I did 'Wake-Up Surprises', a little wrapped something sitting on the nightstand, for my granddaughters to wake-up to. An autograph book the first morning, pearl cage pendent after doing pick-a-pearl on another morning, pins to commemorate a park or event, pressed penny book, ect. If you wanted to, you could do this instead for your daughter.

I did this too. I called it Gifts from Mickey.

It maybe not widespread but FE stuff can go missing on occasion. Not keeping tracks of what from whom but the fun of the youngest seeing something in when we get back to our cabin, our last sailing we participated in a FE group we were several "drops" short in reciprocating trinkets (a sailing prior to that in both a FE and FE Christmas decoration exchange the same thing was noted). Unfortunately we have had trash and cups dropped in as well (which maybe when other stuff went missing).

We had quite a few things taken from our FE on a transatlantic cruise—our room was near the movie theater and the line to get in for various events would end up in front of our door so I’m guessing that’s why it was so rampant. It put me off FE to be honest, I’ve done the candy exchange a time or two but we don’t participate in the FE anymore. We don’t have small children, I just enjoyed making and receiving things from fellow Disney lovers but being reminded that there are thieves isn’t something that enhances my vacation experience. I do pixie dust some but mostly to work on getting rid of my stockpile of FE gift components I had already purchased for future cruises.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter