• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Firsts, Fourths, and Farewells (4/28 Back to the Future!)

I am beginning to suspect that DD chooses the swan pastry every time we come just because she thinks it’s funny to decapitate it! Maybe she’s not such a Princess after all!

Disney2011DayEight473.jpg

Hmm... could she be hinting at want to stay at Dolphin and Swan, perchance? :confused3 ;) :rotfl2:

Looks like a nice, calm, relaxing time. :coffee:

I hope I am cropping the right picture. Pics not loading properly right now, but I wanted to comment that this is adorable.

How nice that you have a mother - daughter tradition of tea at the GF. I have never done it, but whenever I see pictures of it I always want to put it on my bucket list.

That's so sweet to have some mother daughter time and do girly things. How did the boys enjoy their time with dad?

I love the Grand Floridian tea! We thought it was a wonderful way to relax in the middle of the day, and it's wonderful that you've created that tradition with your daughter!

I'm impressed that she ordered real tea! I remember that when I was younger I would ask for ice cubes to "fix" my tea, too! :rotfl:

I loved this update :) I think it's wonderful you girls have this tradition. It's such a wonderful mother/daughter event! This post made me excited for our upcoming trip as we have a night booked at the GF. Can't wait!

You and Caitlin will have a great time!
The girls always look forward to their mommy-daughter time!

How nice that you have a mother - daughter tradition of tea at the GF. I have never done it, but whenever I see pictures of it I always want to put it on my bucket list.

It's nice that the girls have a tradition.
My problem is finding a similar one for the boys to do while they are at their tea!
We've tried several things but nothing sticks yet...

I love the Grand Floridian tea! We thought it was a wonderful way to relax in the middle of the day, and it's wonderful that you've created that tradition with your daughter!

I'm impressed that she ordered real tea! I remember that when I was younger I would ask for ice cubes to "fix" my tea, too! :rotfl:

I was impressed too.
I thought she just went for the Mommy time and the desserts... :)

That's so sweet to have some mother daughter time and do girly things. How did the boys enjoy their time with dad?

The boys had a blast exploring Tom Sawyer Island for the first time.
I thought that could be our tradition but the little princess is now dying to go as well. :confused3
Any ideas for a father-son-son tradition (and sometimes uncle)?

After exploring good ol' Tom's island, me and the boyz grabbed a monorail and headed to the Grand Floridian to meet them.
There we waited outside the Garden View Tea Room for our ladies to finish their beverages.
Reunited, the Capells grabbed a bus to Downtown Disney to explore a bit before meeting J for dinner.
I got out the camera and luckily had a willing model.
As you can see, Christmastime has come to Downtown Disney…
Disney2011DayEight602.jpg

Disney2011DayEight600.jpg

Disney2011DayEight601.jpg

Disney2011DayEight603.jpg

Disney2011DayEight604.jpg

Disney2011DayEight605.jpg

Disney2011DayEight606.jpg

Mom was excited to check out the new shop – Mickey’s Pantry.
So the boys relaxed a bit and I took some pictures.
Disney2011DayEight607.jpg

Disney2011DayEight608.jpg

Disney2011DayEight609.jpg

Disney2011DayEight611.jpg

Disney2011DayEight612.jpg

After that, the girls wandered in and out of stores while the boys conked out.
Disney2011DayEight500.jpg

Disney2011DayEight613.jpg

Disney2011DayEight614.jpg

Disney2011DayEight615.jpg

Disney2011DayEight617.jpg

Disney2011DayEight618.jpg

Disney2011DayEight620.jpg

Disney2011DayEight621.jpg

Disney2011DayEight622.jpg

Disney2011DayEight623.jpg

Disney2011DayEight624.jpg

Disney2011DayEight610.jpg

At that point, we stumbled across a new structure.
It seems that while Disney was redesigning the Lego Imagination Center, they erected a temporary location here.
Very odd, but it was LEGO, so DS was quickly awake and rarin’ to go!
Disney2011DayEight625.jpg

After allowing DS to explore a bit and buying him some minifigures, we continued our wandering.
Next was the pin store and World of Disney.
Disney2011DayEight626.jpg

Disney2011DayEight628.jpg

Then even the princess needed a nap.
So she passed out as we shopped through World of Disney.
Disney2011DayEight629.jpg

Then it was on to dinner where we met J.
First, let’s back up and see what J was up to back in the Magic Kingdom.

I can see how much they like shopping at DTD. :rotfl2: Adorable pictures of your DD, although it looks like she finally succumbed to exhaustion as well. :rotfl:

Yeah, it was a long day - all 3 kids were wiped!

I love the princess' photo shoot around DTD. So cute!

She definitely came into her own this trip as our model for the trip.
She wanted pictures in front of EVERYTHING! :goodvibes

Then it was on to dinner where we met J.
First, let’s back up and see what J was up to back in the Magic Kingdom.

So, what to do in the park alone, in just a relatively short period of time?

Disney2011DayEight767.jpg

Hmm... think Jessie and Woody were living up to that?
Disney2011DayEight768.jpg

It was still strange to catch that brief glimpse of them.

Well, I had a particular FastPass that was burning a hole in my pocket which I needed to use up. But first, I had to get past a little obstacle in my way.
Well, not exactly little. And certainly not brief. It's time for everyone's favorite... PARADE!

Disney2011DayEight769.jpg

Disney2011DayEight771.jpg

Disney2011DayEight772.jpg

Disney2011DayEight773.jpg

I was actually fine with standing for the parade, as I hadn't yet seen much of this parade before. (It's a little confusing writing this now, after subsequent
trips to both Disneyland and Disney World where I did cross paths with the parade, multiple times. But I *think* this was the first time I actually made sure to watch it.)

Disney2011DayEight777.jpg

They even managed to slip in some extra characters that you wouldn't expect on the float:
Disney2011DayEight778.jpg

Hook is always so good at menacing some of the little ones along the route:
Disney2011DayEight781.jpg

Disney2011DayEight782.jpg

Disney2011DayEight786.jpg

Disney2011DayEight788.jpg

A Kingdom of Dreams, indeed:
Disney2011DayEight791.jpg

Disney2011DayEight793.jpg

Disney2011DayEight797.jpg

After the parade ended, I took an extra couple of minutes to take a gander at a few details I hadn't really looked at before.

Disney2011DayEight798.jpg

Disney2011DayEight799.jpg

Disney2011DayEight800.jpg

Disney2011DayEight801.jpg

Disney2011DayEight803.jpg

Disney2011DayEight804.jpg

Next up, my favorite duo:
Disney2011DayEight805.jpg

And, finally, although he looks different nowadays, the one who would wind up being the motivation behind my next two (and likely more) trips down to Disney World:
Disney2011DayEight806.jpg

And, since it's on the way and the tan- (khaki?) vested friend was looking lonely, how about some solo pics:
Disney2011Photopass1231.jpg

Disney2011Photopass1219.jpg

While it was still bright outside, I was finally getting to use my FastPass for the best ride in the dark in the park: Space Mountain. :cool1:

Disney2011DayEight809.jpg

Disney2011DayEight810.jpg

Disney2011DayEight811.jpg

Disney2011DayEight812.jpg

Being on the FastPass line and not being in a hurry, though, can be very nice. :thumbsup2 It afforded me the opportunity to actually look at some more of the
details that most people just breeze by. (I'm fine if people continue past me while I linger. No reason why they should have to be held up just because I'm
being a shutterbug and got there three seconds before them. Just don't push past me on the stairs, please. :goodvibes)

Disney2011DayEight813.jpg

Disney2011DayEight815.jpg

Disney2011DayEight816.jpg

And I've always thought it brilliant that they have these monitors for the video game for a long stretch of the regular line, so that people can be
occupied with something if they're on an interminably long line, foolish though it is to be on such a long line. :happytv:
I almost want to be on that line waiting to see what-all this game is about. Almost.
Disney2011DayEight819.jpg

Whee! :scared1: :woohoo: What a great ride. Nope, never going to be any pictures/video taken inside, even if I were to have the appropriate set-up for
it. Too much fun to be distracted by picture-taking. This is such a well-themed ride, even the exit from the attraction is well done.
Disney2011DayEight825.jpg

Disney2011DayEight826.jpg

Disney2011DayEight827.jpg

Disney2011DayEight828.jpg

Disney2011DayEight829.jpg

Alas, it was getting late enough where I needed to get underway to meet the rest of the crew for dinner. I had a long journey ahead of me into totally
unfamiliar territory. But first, though, I needed to make my way to a bus that was going that way, and did so at the Contemporary.
Disney2011DayEight832.jpg

The bus finally arrived and, among other passengers, offloaded someone who was in a wheelchair. Waiting at/near the front of the line to board in that
same vicinity was a family with both a single and a double stroller. :eek: These things were rather monstrous. So, the parents asked if they could
board via the ramp that was already down because of the wheelchair. (Everything was folded like they needed, but having to lift them over the gap
up front was going to be tough for them. And it's not like they'd be cutting the line to do so.) The driver rather gruffly indicated that they could not do so,
:sad2: that they must go up front. And as each additional family with a stroller boarded, the manner in which he continued to send them to the back
of the bus just struck me as very obnoxious. :mad:
(I wish I had written down some specifics, because I can't really remember it nearly as well now as when this all happened,
now over two years ago. :confused3)

The most negative impression I got during this ride, though, was one point when a four-year-old was boarding with his family. They were going up the
stairs in the middle of the bus to the elevated section, and they were among the last ones aboard. The driver wasn't bothering to look at where they were
:confused: or that they were still moving towards seats. So, as the child was on the middle step, the bus lurched forward, on to the next stop.
:scared1: :eek: Both the kid and the driver are fortunate that the kid didn't wind up falling down the stairs and cracking his head open. :headache:

Finally, as I was in unfamiliar territory and was unsure of the directions that Mike had given me about which of the two stops to get off at, I asked the
driver if Pleasure Island was the second stop at Downtown Disney (just to verify my info). His answer back gave me the impression that there was only
one stop at Downtown Disney; no, he didn't allude to the Marketplace or anything else as a separate stop. It was all lumped in as one. :rolleyes1
It was someone else who overheard both my question and the driver's answer who clued me in to my wanting to get off at the second stop :), as I thought was the case.

Needless to say, there was nothing fun about this bus ride. :sad1: And I was looking forward to dinner.

Disney2011DayEight900.jpg

I finally arrived at my destination and met up with an even larger crew than I started the day with.
Disney2011DayEight874.jpg

At this point in the tale, though, I'll turn it back over to Mike, who has to catch up that last little bit between their shopping spree and now.

As J mentioned, we had arrived a bit earlier and met another family who was vacating at the World.
So we had a nice large group ready to go exploring dinosaurs at T-Rex!

Disney2011DayEight875.jpg

Disney2011DayEight901.jpg

Disney2011DayEight904.jpg

We were seated in Coral Reef Dining this time around which is the underwater “bar” area.
Since we had a large group, they seated us at some tables that were pushed together near the door.
Not the best location but that would not deter us from having a great time.
We actually had a really cool view of the T-Rex in the lobby and the Pteradactyls in the Fire Room.
Disney2011DayEight905.jpg

Disney2011DayEight907.jpg

Then the food arrived!
MMmmmmm.
Once again, the food here is surprisingly good and comes in large quantities.
We have never been disappointed and the kids all request T-Rex every visit!
Mom, J, and I decided to split the Super Sampler with ribs and a flatbread.
Check out the sizes of these things…
Disney2011DayEight910.jpg

Disney2011DayEight911.jpg

Disney2011DayEight912.jpg

DS went for Dino Nuggets with potato chips.
Disney2011DayEight913.jpg

The princess ordered corn dog nuggets with mashed potatoes.
Disney2011DayEight914.jpg

And X had chicken nuggets with a banana.
And made sure to show his cool T-Rex plate when he was done.
Disney2011DayEight915.jpg

Near the restrooms, the princess found a borderline Hidden Mickey.
What do you guys think?
Disney2011DayEight916.jpg

Then, it was back to the bus depot for a ride back to Pop Century.
What a long day that was!
Go get some sleep and join us for Day Nine – our last day…

TRex has the best ribs! Your meals all look yummy and the kids plates are so cute!
Sounds like a fun way to end the day :)

Still here, although pictureless today so I can't point out any cute pictures. Boo!

For Unca - the ride to DTD did not sound all that pleasant. Time for a certain bus drive to be retrained. :worried:

TRex has the best ribs! Your meals all look yummy and the kids plates are so cute!
Sounds like a fun way to end the day :)

T-Rex is always a great meal!
Dinner and a "show!"

Still here, although pictureless today so I can't point out any cute pictures. Boo!

For Unca - the ride to DTD did not sound all that pleasant. Time for a certain bus drive to be retrained. :worried:

Not sure what happened there but we have to stop leaving J by himself... :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter