• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

first trip with BF. need advice!

northshoremama

DIS Veteran
my bf and i are planning a short/quick trip to DL (during a kid-free weekend). i've always gotten park hopper tickets, but to save money, we're thinking of doing 2 days (1 park a day) tickets.
i haven't been to DL since 2021, so no genie+ or LL at that time. my main question is if i do 1 park a day tickets and we are in DL with genie+/LL, can i ride ROTR more than once?

i've always gotten park hopper tickets so i'm totally accustomed to being in both parks in one day.

also, we will only have ONE full day in the parks. we arrive saturday morning, hope to be in the parks by 11am (also hoping to close out the park). sunday will be a full day, and then we leave on a monday.

i'm thinking:
saturday: DCA - 11am(ish) to closing and watch WOC
sunday: DL - opening to closing

i'd like to hear how folks do 1 park a day. any advice would be greatly appreciated!

You can do the standby line for RotR anytime you want, but you cannot purchase 2 LL.

I never only do one park a day. I don't like being limited because one bad day of ride breakdowns or crowds can really ruin your one day in a specific park. I like the ability to hop. I consider it insurance against a bad experience in one park.

RoTR is not part of Genie+; it’s a separately priced Individual Lightning Lane ride (it was $25 per person last weekend). So you can buy ILL for it without buying Genie+, but can only buy it once per day. You can stand in the stand-by lines as many times as you want, whether or not you buy ILL.

You can do the standby line for RotR anytime you want, but you cannot purchase 2 LL.

I never only do one park a day. I don't like being limited because one bad day of ride breakdowns or crowds can really ruin your one day in a specific park. I like the ability to hop. I consider it insurance against a bad experience in one park.
Thank you for the info/feedback. Maybe we’ll do 2-day park hopper tickets. That’s still less than 3-day park hoppers 🤷🏻‍♀️

RoTR is not part of Genie+; it’s a separately priced Individual Lightning Lane ride (it was $25 per person last weekend). So you can buy ILL for it without buying Genie+, but can only buy it once per day. You can stand in the stand-by lines as many times as you want, whether or not you buy ILL.
so if i can by ILL, what's the benefits of genie+?

Thank you for the info/feedback. Maybe we’ll do 2-day park hopper tickets. That’s still less than 3-day park hoppers 🤷🏻‍♀️

so if i can by ILL, what's the benefits of genie+?

You can only buy ILL for three rides:

Runaway Railway
RotR
Radiator Springs

But you can.only purchase 2 per day.

Genie+ gives you LL access to all the other rides that use LL, for a flat fee per person per day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter