First timer and rides

lovemy2girls4eva

DIS Veteran
Hi all,
This will be my first time going to Universal after my Disney trip. I am a big chicken when it comes to roller coasters and can NOT do anything that has big drops. Just as a reference, I love 7DMT and was ok with Big Thunder. BUT thought Slinky was a little scary lol Knowing this, which rides should I avoid? Thank you so much!!

I would definitely avoid: Rip Ride Rocket, Hulk, Gringotts, possibly forbidden journey.
Simpsons, while more 4D, does simulate a roller coaster at one point. Fallon and Minions do as well. MIB does spin around a lot.
If you ever rode Dark Kastle at Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Spider-Man and transformers are like that but a little bit more intense.
Dudley Do right while mainly a log flume does have some roller coaster like elements to it (my neighbor actually calls it the fastest flume ride in the world!)

I also recommend watching some POVs if you can-they really do help a lot.

One coaster you will definitely be good on is Hippogriff. It’s similar to barnstormer at wdw.

I would definitely avoid: Rip Ride Rocket, Hulk, Gringotts, possibly forbidden journey.
Simpsons, while more 4D, does simulate a roller coaster at one point. Fallon and Minions do as well. MIB does spin around a lot.
If you ever rode Dark Kastle at Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Spider-Man and transformers are like that but a little bit more intense.
Dudley Do right while mainly a log flume does have some roller coaster like elements to it (my neighbor actually calls it the fastest flume ride in the world!)

I also recommend watching some POVs if you can-they really do help a lot.

One coaster you will definitely be good on is Hippogriff. It’s similar to barnstormer at wdw.

Thank you so much! This was very helpful!

I don't think you'd have any problem with Forbidden Journey or Escape from Gringotts. If as you say your big "No" is bigt scary drops, I don't see any reason you wouldn't enjoy either of those.

If it's a classic coaster big heights/drop issue then the only rides I'd cross out is Velocicoaster, Hulk, and Rip Ride Rockit.

I don't think you'd have any problem with Forbidden Journey or Escape from Gringotts. If as you say your big "No" is bigt scary drops, I don't see any reason you wouldn't enjoy either of those.

If it's a classic coaster big heights/drop issue then the only rides I'd cross out is Velocicoaster, Hulk, and Rip Ride Rockit.

Thank you! I will def go on Forbidden Journey and Escape from Gringotts. It's the classic coaster big drops that I want to avoid.

I am not a ride person. I have a big fear of heights. I loved Gringotts. So I really think that one would be okay. I also liked Mummy which surprised me.

In Gringots there is one drop in the dark at just the start. I can't do any drops so I had to skip it but it's far smaller than it feels, (I did a lot of research) it's just very much in the dark so you can't orient yourself. Ride at the front and it feels smaller. If you can do the Disney coasters you can do it easy.

In Gringots there is one drop in the dark at just the start. I can't do any drops so I had to skip it but it's far smaller than it feels, (I did a lot of research) it's just very much in the dark so you can't orient yourself. Ride at the front and it feels smaller. If you can do the Disney coasters you can do it easy.
I don't remember that
Good to know! Thank you! Did you ride Forbidden Journey?
Forbidden Journey is the one in the castle yes? Yes, I had no problem with that one at all. I have not been in a few years.

Thank you!

I don't remember that

It's right after the first screen. the track tilts down then the vehicles are released. If you watch the lights on ride on youtube you can see it quite clearly. I watched all the lights on or how it's made videos I could in preparation for my trip. I'm less afraid of spoilers than I am of drops XD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter