First time to US and PBH.... questions

nab486

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

I am an avid disney buff, but we are doing strictly universal this trip and I am SO lost haha. We are going June 14-18 and staying (Ent rate of $155) for four nights at PBH. We also have the Lowes first card (thanks tinkerbarb!!) My dad is in an electric wheel chair, and we have three boys (16,14, and 9) So....I have a couple of questions.

First.... about the spa. My mother and I want to experience the spa, but we only have a limited time in the parks. How late is the spa open. Could we book a treatment after being at the parks most of the day? I think it would be so great to be pampered when you are beat up by heat and pavement haha. I just don't want to cut into our limited theme park time to do it if we don't have to.

Second..... we want to rent one of the cabana's by the pool. My dad doesn't swim, and it would be great for him to have a shady spot (with tv and a fan:cool: to relax in and watch the grandkids) Anyway, in the pictures I only see them by the "quiet" pool. I know my kids are not going to want to part from the slide. Do they have cabana's by the beach pool?

Finally.... has anyone had any experience with adjoining rooms or the handicapped rooms? I'm curious about their location, bathroom configuration, etc. We didn't pay for a pool view and I didn't know where the handicapped rooms are, and how many there are etc.

thanks!!
Jamie

We were at PBH last month for our first Universal trip. The only one of your questions that I can answer is about the pool. They do not have cabanas by the main themed pool- the one with the slide. I did not go over to the villa pool at all because my boys loved the slide pool, but I think that is the one with the cabanas. It is a beautiful hotel and I hope you have a wonderful time!

They do have cabanas at the HRH pool. We headed over there one afternoon and had a great time at that pool! The cabanas are right by the huge pool, which does have a slide. That's an option if you want a cabana and have your kids in the main pool.

About the spa yes it's open till 8 or 9pm maybe later but i'm not sure how late they have a site it's greenhousespa.com. As for the ajoining rooms don't worry they will be plenty big to accomadate your dad's chair. They have tons of adjoining rooms and the bathrooms are huge and the hc rooms not sure where they are but i'm sure they are huge as well. As for the cabana's there only at the villa pool and the beach pool does'nt have any neither does the main pool area. AS for the kids wanting to be around the slide the to pools are only steps away from each other maybe 25 ft from one to the other so if your kids are older that could work out okay. You will love the hotel have a great trip.

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize the pools were that close together. That would be great. I will also check out the greenhousespa.com site.

:Pinkbounc Jamie

Just got back and the spa was open until 10P. Have Fun:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter