First time to BCV...any suggestions?

mtdewhead

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happ
Only a few weeks to go! We've been to BCV to look around and always eat at Cape May Cafe at least once a trip. Other than that any suggestions on what not to miss and what not to bother with at BCV. We just went to the parks in December, so we aren't going to go this trip (I know, sacrilege!) so we'll have lots of time on and off property. Any suggestions? (my kids are 5,7,and 10).

Also, part of me just wants to see my countdown clock!:smooth:

I would definitely recommend a couple of trips to Beaches & Cream. My DW and I agree that their burgers are the best we've had on property. Also, if you're VERY hungry try the kitchen sink. It's a sundae with someting like 8 or 10 scoops of ice cream, a whole can of whipped cream and every other topping you can think of. Very tasty but be prepared, it is HUGE. Lots of fun when you order. I won;t ruin their routine by giving it away here tho.

The kids had a great time at SAB. Gotta give the slide a shot.

Enjoy the trip. Wish we were going too.

Enjoy your stay!

BCVs is MY home and I love it there.

I understand about wanting to see that countdown clock. I am guilty of the same pleasure!!!!

pin

:confused: You have kids that are 5,7,and 10, and your are not going to the parks? Wow, are you sure they are going to go for that, especially being that close to Epcot and MGM? My only suggestion is : Don't avoid the parks! :eek: I'm not trying to be funny or sarcastic, it's just that I could not go to WDW and not go to the parks even if I was there last month! Hope you enjoy yourselves just the same! :p :cool: :jester:

Of course, it goes without saying (but I'll say it anyway!) that you'll want to spend a lot of time at Stormalong Bay- it's the best pool area in WDW.

Also, you may want to plan for a meal at Beaches and Cream, we also think they have Disney's best burger. As for DW and I, we LOVE the "No Way Jose", a chocolate and peanut butter delight!

Other than that, relax at the Breezeway, maybe rent a boat or walk over to Fantasia Miniature Golf. Enjoy! You're the envy of most people reading this board- you're going home!

Hi Mtdewhead! If I remember right we became members about the same time.:D
Enjoy the area. It is just beautiful. You can catch some of the Illuminations fireworks at night around the bridge.
I would also agree with Beaches and Cream and lots of time at Stormalong Bay.
We are going to try ESPN Club this time. We loved Flying Fish for a nice meal out.
I would have to break down and go to the parks for a day since they are so close.
Have a great trip. I can't wait to see my countdown clock either. We will be following you shortly. :bounce:

Okay, I have to confess part of my motivation for posting is to see my countdown clock too!!! But I wanted to say our trip will be our first "home" to WDW (have done HH 2x) and we are hoping to spend most of our July trip looking around the resorts, trying some of the restaurants too. It is sooo nice not to feel compelled to do the parks, since we know we will be going back soon. Though we are doing the 7 hour Backstage Magic Tour our first full day, and I think that will make it so much fun for when we are next in the parks, to have some idea of what is going on off-stage!

O.K. it is not the most relaxing thing - but - rent a surrey bike in the evening over at the Boardwalk. You will struggle to pedal uphill, risk your life (and that of pedestrians) going downhill, your kids can ring the bell and I promise it will be a family memory you will never forget.:)
All the better if you reward yourself at Beaches and Cream afterwords.;)

Also, make friends with Art the greeter. He is a gem. :D

Look at that countdown clock fly - not! 8/3-8 will be home at BCV!
1st a week concierge at Poly and 2 nights at ASSp (Iovemyson)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter