First Time Staying at Beach Club...what will I love? what will I hate? :)

GrumpyGal43

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!

This fall my friends and I are staying at The Beach Club...We usually stay in the Tower at the Coronado (my favorite :love: )

So, tell me about the Beach Club...what will we love, what will we hate? ⁉️

People keep telling me, once we stay at BC we'll never want to stay anywhere else...
🤷‍♀️

I hope you love it. For us, it was a one and done (I know I am in the huge minority). I didn't like people hanging out in the lobby sitting on the furniture in wet bathing suits, how nearly impossible it was to get even 2 chairs together at SAB unless you were there when they opened the pool, how chaotic it was, especially with younger kids, and then you are basically sitting on top of the person next to you. And on a hot day, we couldn't even get lounge chairs at the quiet pool. The lack of real QS options for kids (and adults), and just how crowded it always seemed to be, not relaxing for me at all. Positives were the rooms, they were decent and well laid out and the walk to Epcot was definitely nice. Like I said, I know I am in the minority - by a landslide, of guests who will not stay there again.

Love - convenience, maybe the most prime location at WDW relating to parks / dining etc

Maybe not love - unlike most mods and lodge deluxe resorts there really aren’t many natural secluded places at the entire complex - it’s very condensed and crowds are felt esp at the main pool and dining locations - IMO

Additionally the rooms are pretty bland in terms of theming - wasn’t always like that but for some reason they wanted Marriott theming at these

I've stayed at the Beach Club once and the Beach Club Villas twice. I wouldn't say it will spoil you for any other resort, but I would stay there again if the pricing/availability were comparable to other resorts.

I loved the ability to walk to and from the Internation Gateway entrance to Epcot. My last stay was shortly after the Skyliner opened, so it may be more crowded now, but it should still be much better than waiting for bus/monorail/Skyline transporation to get to Epcot. You can also walk to Hollywood Studios, though that does take a while. The boat to Hollywood Studios also takes a while, but is a relaxing ride.

I also liked being able to listen to Illuminations and see some of the fireworks from the bridge to Boardwalk, then walk back to my room before the crowds showed up.

I loved just walking around Crescent Lake while the rest of my family was swimming or napping. Unlike in some of the resorts with outdoor areas, there was no way to get lost or disoriented or unaware of how long it would take me to get back.

I liked the plethora of restaurants and bars in the area.

I am not a swimming pool fan, so I don't have an opinion on Stormalong Bay, though my kids and husband enjoyed it. The Quiet Pool is small, so that may be a downside if you want to swim without crowds.

Love
Proximity to Epcot & DHS
Evening strolls around Crescent Lake
Walkable access to abundant dining and beverage options
Hurricane Hannah’s
Nice gym and running options
Martha’s Vineyard
That Disney takes access control to SAB seriously

Don’t Love and/or Love Less
Busy feel and noise level of BC lobby
Fishy smell from Cape May
Busy feel of BC marketplace
Razor-blade like seams on the slide (ouchy)
Can be hard to find shade sometimes during peak pool hours (not necessarily unique to BC, can find that in many places)
Inconsistent balconies

To me, BC is not a fall in love resort - but it serves its purpose reasonably well. I’m usually more on the go in/around the parks when there vs. spending a lot of time at the resort.

BTW, asking for a ‘don’t love’ list before a trip can be dangerous. Now your senses will be on alert for everything you read in this thread and it will all annoy you. 😂😇

That said, enjoy your trip!

Love
Proximity to Epcot & DHS
Evening strolls around Crescent Lake
Walkable access to abundant dining and beverage options
Hurricane Hannah’s
Nice gym and running options
Martha’s Vineyard
That Disney takes access control to SAB seriously

Don’t Love and/or Love Less
Busy feel and noise level of BC lobby
Fishy smell from Cape May
Busy feel of BC marketplace
Razor-blade like seams on the slide (ouchy)
Can be hard to find shade sometimes during peak pool hours (not necessarily unique to BC, can find that in many places)
Inconsistent balconies

To me, BC is not a fall in love resort - but it serves its purpose reasonably well. I’m usually more on the go in/around the parks when there vs. spending a lot of time at the resort.

BTW, asking for a ‘don’t love’ list before a trip can be dangerous. Now your senses will be on alert for everything you read in this thread and it will all annoy you. 😂😇

That said, enjoy your trip!
true re: the annoy list...but figured I'd ask anyway :)

We have stayed there a few times over the years, although not recently (both the resort and the DVC side). We also found SAB to be somewhat chaotic with younger kids. I can’t speak to the room decor now, but we always found it to be fine and the rooms were comfortable.

The location is its major asset IMHO and a significant one. My mom and I stayed there when it first opened in 1990 and it was a game-changer to be able to walk to Epcot. That convenience is still pretty awesome.

Love every single thing about the BC. We never want to stay anywhere else now. LOVE the smell of the lobby! Walking up to it at night after coming back from Epcot is so magical. SAB is amazing. I've never had trouble getting a chair there. I find the lobby to be way less chaotic than the Poly. The walk to Epcot is so fun. Be sure and check out the solarium!

Love-
Location! Location! Location! Nothing like walking to both epcot and studios, especially when you have hoppers and can do meals at epcot. Our absolute favorite place to stay for adult food and wine trips.
Pool
Boardwalk area in general

Not so much-
Limited food choices when kids with us (we have picky kids who prefer a food court)
Rooms are okay, but nothing great. Feel yacht is better than BC. We do like the hotel rooms better than the villas. But this is pretty much the case at all Disney hotels we have stayed at over the years.

You’ll have a great time.

You won’t feel completely immersed as it doesn’t really feel themed to me. Esp compared to Destino. That’s the only thing that kept me from returning but I’d never not recommend it.

Either way. Good fun pool. Great location. Lots of fun. Boardwalk is fun. Bars. Food. Ice cream.

You’ll love it.

Hi everyone!

This fall my friends and I are staying at The Beach Club...We usually stay in the Tower at the Coronado (my favorite :love: )

So, tell me about the Beach Club...what will we love, what will we hate? ⁉️

People keep telling me, once we stay at BC we'll never want to stay anywhere else...
🤷‍♀️
We love YC/BC. The only downside id the lack of counter service food...there's some, but not much. Everything else though is wonderful!

Location to parks, boats, skyliner, view of the lake/lights/fireworks at night, restaurant options at multiple hotels nearby (when you're not eating at the theme parks!). I'm a Boardwalk person, but both are convenient to so much to see and do!

Walking to EP is great! What I didn’t like was the QS options. The one inside didn’t have a great variety. If you wanted burgers or those types of items you had to walk across the pool area to hurricane hannahs. The pool area is very large but since you don’t have kids you should be fine.

There are nice photo opportunities with the Stormalong pool. Although, personally, I'm not a fan at all of the pool design for kids (they actually leave the pool area, go out of sight, and cut across a public sidewalk to use the slide - personally, found that pool design added unnecessary stress when we were trying to relax...).

I basically grew up at Beach Club (Mom owned DVC there). I love the proximity to both Epcot and HS, I love Stormalong Bay, I love Beaches & Cream (No Way Jose was a tradition every trip!). It's definitely more of a "family" resort and not quite as sophisticated as Yacht Club, but I love how bright and fun it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter