First Time On Site Day 1

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by Disney845, Sep 24, 2002.

  1. Disney845

    Disney845 I miss my custom tags

    May 30, 2002
    A little background: SO and I are both in our early 20s, up until last April we had always lived in Central FL. SO got a job transfer, so off we went to Indy. SO had a business trip scheduled for Miami beach so we thought this would be a great time to take a little visit. SO was flying into Miami and I into Orlando on 9/16. SO's business trip got pushed back a week, but I decided to head on to OIA on the 16. We have had APs for ever and I have been having serious Disney withdrawal since linving in Indy. Previous to this trip I had never stayed in an on-site resort. This is an account of the week I spent visiting with my mother in Orlando.

    Monday 9/16

    Very little sleep the night before as I was working on a school project and attempting to pack. My flight was scheduled to leave at 8:00am. We left for the airport at 6:30am. When I arrived of course my flight was the only one in the whole airport to be delayed. I checked in for my ATA flight at the E-ticket kiosk (good thing because the line was very long) and checked my two bags. I was carrying on a purse and my daytimer and a book I had been meaning to begin reading. SO and I went to the McDonald's in the airport and got some breakfast. Afterwards we said goodbye and SO left to go to work while I waited to board the plane. The flight went well. It was very crowded and was a continuing flight from Indy to Orlando to Puerto Rico (or some such place). I arrived at the airport and found my mother. Our first stop was the Mall. (Indy department stores are just not like FL ones in my opinion) It had been so long since I had gone to Dillard's and Burdine's, I was in heaven. After way to much shopping we grabbed a late lunch in the food court at the mall. We then went to the Belz outlet center on I-Drive to go to the Disney character outlets. I am a Disney license plate collector and was looking for some to add to my collection. We checked into Port Orleans Riverside. I had requested a nonsmoking room in the Magnolia Bend section. We got Oak Manor. It was very nice because we were inside the H facing the gardens and river not the parking lot. Our room was a corner room so we got two windows as opposed to one which I really enjoyed. There was a large fountain just below our second story room. The only complain was that I had trouble getting a cell phone signal in the room and there was a large generator outside the room on the ground floor which produced so much noise that I had to walk around the side of the building to use my cell phone. The noise did not affect us in the room. After we got settled we went to the Longhorn Steakhouse on 535 for dinner. It wasn't anything exciting, and I probably would not go back. We went to bed around 12:30pm and set the wake up call for 7:00am the next morning.
  2. pumba


    Dec 28, 1999
    I love Port orleans and also this side will always be Dixie to me.....thanks so much for the first day

Share This Page