first time Dis cruiser - 3 night - general questions - please help:)

WendyLovesPeter

I wanna go back. I gotta go back to WDW!
1. I think I can check in online from home - when should I do that?

2. Any place to do laundry (only if I absolutely HAVE to)

3. I am nervous to set my teen free unchaperoned - I watched the Cruise DVD - it said "no parents, only teens" at the teen club. I'm not satisfied with this - I feel the parent should be able to check in (not stay) & check out the situation at any time.

4. How dressy to dinner? My daughter & I are not dress people. We prefer slacks. I am assuming this is fine..... this is how it will be. How about boys - I am assuming khakis are fine..... this is also how it will be.

5. A.C. in the dining room - is it freezing in the dining rooms?

6. We have late dinner sitting? Will we have time to see the shows on each night - I am assuming they accomodate the early and late diners with multiple show times.

7. I read through a thread about having a pillowcawse signed - cool idea. We are only a 3 night cruise though. I like the idea of the photo mat also. When and where do I drop this item off?

Thank you SO much - 1 more month - then we're off to our first Dis cruise. I'm already looking forward to the next. I keep telling my husband what a GREAT time our family will have.:woohoo: :banana:

1. I think I can check in online from home - when should I do that?

It will let you do that when your cruise is paid in full, but I don't know how soon in advance it will let you. I think you have until 2 days before you leave. I see you are leaving in a month, you can check in now. It really makes the preboard go a lot quicker

2. Any place to do laundry (only if I absolutely HAVE to)

There is a self serve laundry on every deck

3. I am nervous to set my teen free unchaperoned - I watched the Cruise DVD - it said "no parents, only teens" at the teen club. I'm not satisfied with this - I feel the parent should be able to check in (not stay) & check out the situation at any time.

You can go up with your teen the 1st night for the meet n greet. My DS was never too interested in the teen club. There are probably some threads on this, that may make you feel better about it.

4. How dressy to dinner? My daughter & I are not dress people. We prefer slacks. I am assuming this is fine..... this is how it will be. How about boys - I am assuming khakis are fine..... this is also how it will be.

That will be fine. Only the 7 night or longer cruises have formal nights.

5. A.C. in the dining room - is it freezing in the dining rooms?

I've never had a problem being chilled in the dining rooms, but you could pack a light sweater just in case

6. We have late dinner sitting? Will we have time to see the shows on each night - I am assuming they accomodate the early and late diners with multiple show times.

For late dining, you will see the shows before dinner, the early diners see it afterwards.

7. I read through a thread about having a pillowcawse signed - cool idea. We are only a 3 night cruise though. I like the idea of the photo mat also. When and where do I drop this item off?

We did pillow cases last cruise. I dropped them off at guest services the 1st day and they were returned to our stateroom on the last evening.

Thank you SO much - 1 more month - then we're off to our first Dis cruise. I'm already looking forward to the next. I keep telling my husband what a GREAT time our family will have.:woohoo: :banana:

Enjoy your cruise, I am sure you will LOVE it!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter