First time at AKL - Kidani

Our first time at Kidani in May. Is the garage under the whole resort? I want to request a lower floor but didn't want ground floor. I like having a balcony.

Our first time at Kidani in May. Is the garage under the whole resort? I want to request a lower floor but didn't want ground floor. I like having a balcony.

All of the rooms at AKV/AKL have a balcony, none have a patio.

All of the rooms at AKV/AKL have a balcony, none have a patio.

Thank you. I wanted to request a lower floor so the DGD can get a better look at animals from the room but was afraid of getting a ground floor room.

Thank you. I wanted to request a lower floor so the DGD can get a better look at animals from the room but was afraid of getting a ground floor room.

If you look at this picture you will see that the lowest floor is not close to the ground level.

025.jpg

This is our home resort and we love it! When we last stayed in July 2010 we were in a 1BR with a savannah view on the first floor and it was great! The view of the animals was fantastic and I spent every early morning on the balcony, sipping some coffee and enjoying the animals. We were pretty far from the lobby but it wasn't an issue for us and the elevator to the garage was right nearby making for a quick trip from the room to the car! Having your car in the carport is a nice plus and we drove everywhere except to MK. Bus transportation was prompt and as others have said it's the first stop when traveling to MK so it's empty.

The pool is fun and relaxing and I think that you'll really enjoy Sanaa!

Your family will have a great time at Kidani.

We're going back to Kidani in late December to celebrate DS 14th birthday on New Year's Day and we can't wait.

Have a magical day!

We have just decided to change our Christmas trip to an October trip and DD19 wants to stay at Kidani. We can not get a Savannah view room for our entire stay, but we could get a standard view room. For those of you that have stayed before - would it be worth it to stay in a Savannah view for part of the stay and then move to a standard view? Or should we just save a move and stay Standard the entire trip.

We had a 4th floor room last trip, and we could see the animals just fine. No worries.

If you don't have a SV, there is a little off of lobby that you can just hang out and relax and watch the animals. Have fun!

We have just decided to change our Christmas trip to an October trip and DD19 wants to stay at Kidani. We can not get a Savannah view room for our entire stay, but we could get a standard view room. For those of you that have stayed before - would it be worth it to stay in a Savannah view for part of the stay and then move to a standard view? Or should we just save a move and stay Standard the entire trip.

That's a good question. If it was a Dec trip, I would go with the STD for the whole trip. We stayed in STD two bedroom for a Pres Week trip one year, and I was so glad we didn't waste points on SV, because it was too cold to enjoy the balcony anyway.

That being said, we had a SV for a long weekend in March, and it was really nice, but next time I think I'd go STD and use the points saved for another trip. So I would weigh the inconvenience of the move and the point savings of staying in STD the whole time against how badly you want to hang out with the animals. :)

We love Kidani! Love the 2br villas and 3 bathrooms, Love the parking garage underneath the building, Love how quick you can get to your room with the elevators, Love the pool area and of course Love the animals.

Those who have never stayed there before should realize that the lobby and rooms start on the second floor. Ground floor is the garage and restaurant area

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter