First time adult only?

siestakeys04

DIS Veteran
Good morning!! So this will be dh and I first time adult only Disney. We don't have to do rope drop or anything we were looking at going to the parks at 1pm. We have not been since 2021 does that seem okay, I am thinking (hoping) that others will be heading back to the hotels for a break.

Going to the parks at 1PM seems okay. Some people do head back to the hotels for a break. Not enough to notice any difference in the park crowds. An adults only trip will be fun!

Since your a Disney Veteran, you know the lay of the land and the basics of going to The World.

It's okay to go anytime, not sure what your really asking. "Strategy"? depends on what ya'll want. "Value"? probably not but I'm in the group of "if it costs that much- make the most of it".

If your asking "will starting at 1 be the same as RD'ing, probably not.
Resort pools may be more crowded but the parks will always be crowded.

DH and I started going as a couple a little over 5 years ago. Now that the kids are young adults with less time to join us, we alternate trips between family and just us. It’s great!

We rarely bother hitting the parks early when just us two, and usually show up between 10-11am. That is in the ‘peak’ part of the day but there’s plenty to do without joining a 60 or 90+ minute line. We eat, take pictures, look out for spontaneous character interactions, see shows or catch rides with under 30 minute wait, check out new park additions, shop, etc. It’s so pleasant :) If we’re out past midnight we might not make it into the park until 1pm. And that works out just fine because it also means we’ll have the stamina to enjoy the night shows, late lower wait times and the night atmosphere.

Generally 10/11am to 4pm is the peak of crowds. Depending on the park and season, it can also be waves where certain rides see a dip around lunch &/or dinner. We keep our eye out for good ride opportunities there, some examples are Dinosaur, Soaring, or Star Tours, Pirates… mid tier rides that can ebb and flow thru the day.

I'm a rope drop, head back to the hotel in the early afternoon, take a nap, then return to the parks until close type of traveler. So I'm the person you're thinking about when you plan to arrive around 1 pm. In August, I prefer to not be in the parks at the height of the afternoon. I prefer the slightly lower crowds of the early morning and I love being in the parks at night. But if you don't want to rise early and you want to spend from 1 pm to close in the park, that's still a decent amount of park time. I don't think there is a lull in the crowds in the afternoon if you're hoping for that.

Good morning!! So this will be dh and I first time adult only Disney. We don't have to do rope drop or anything we were looking at going to the parks at 1pm. We have not been since 2021 does that seem okay, I am thinking (hoping) that others will be heading back to the hotels for a break.
Genie+ and ILL$ are your friends, along with getting in ride queues close to closing time. Or not minding standing in long lines. Because it is not significantly emptier in any of the parks from 1 p.m. onward.

You’re going to love it. My wife and I just started doing adult trips now that the kids are in university. We go off peak in Sept, late Jan, or March before spring breaks.

If you pick the timing when you go, the time of day park entry is less of an issue. Wifey still loves rope drop so no sleeping in for me!

Enjoy

Since your a Disney Veteran, you know the lay of the land and the basics of going to The World.

It's okay to go anytime, not sure what your really asking. "Strategy"? depends on what ya'll want. "Value"? probably not but I'm in the group of "if it costs that much- make the most of it".

If your asking "will starting at 1 be the same as RD'ing, probably not.
Resort pools may be more crowded but the parks will always be crowded.
Well I know it’s going to be crowded but was wondering if we head out later would it really make much difference

I'm a rope drop, head back to the hotel in the early afternoon, take a nap, then return to the parks until close type of traveler. So I'm the person you're thinking about when you plan to arrive around 1 pm. In August, I prefer to not be in the parks at the height of the afternoon. I prefer the slightly lower crowds of the early morning and I love being in the parks at night. But if you don't want to rise early and you want to spend from 1 pm to close in the park, that's still a decent amount of park time. I don't think there is a lull in the crowds in the afternoon if you're hoping for that.
That is what I was wondering do I go early leave early go back later in the evening

Genie+ and ILL$ are your friends, along with getting in ride queues close to closing time. Or not minding standing in long lines. Because it is not significantly emptier in any of the parks from 1 p.m. onward.
Okay I do plan on using genie + this will be our first time using LL and genie so any tips would be appreciated

You’re going to love it. My wife and I just started doing adult trips now that the kids are in university. We go off peak in Sept, late Jan, or March before spring breaks.

If you pick the timing when you go, the time of day park entry is less of an issue. Wifey still loves rope drop so no sleeping in for me!

Enjoy
We are going in August our first time was in August and we really just threw it in since we will be leaving for a cruise afterwards.

The only problem is that right now 1 PM is super hot and muggy. I just got back on the 9th and the last few days were pretty miserable. Better to go early in the morning or in the evening.

The only problem is that right now 1 PM is super hot and muggy. I just got back on the 9th and the last few days were pretty miserable. Better to go early in the morning or in the evening.
Okay thanks for this info! I will look at going earlier then going back late evening

That is what I was wondering do I go early leave early go back later in the evening
That's what I prefer to do. I love early mornings at the parks. But I also have no desire to sleep in on vacation. I usually leave around 1:00 and return around 5:00 or so. If it wasn't so hot I'd probably stay from open to close many days, but the summer heat can do a number on you. That hotel room air conditioner feels glorious in the afternoon.

You can continue stacking LL while you are on your afternoon break and have several rides lined up for when you return.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest