• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First Date With Spouse

We met online. After we had been emailing for about a month, we met in person at Starbucks. We stayed for about 3 hours,before we started getting hungry. We went to California Pizza Kitchen, we deemed it our first date. We married a year later. This year we are celebrating 10 years.

We met online... we texted back and forth a couple days and met at one of those popular "chain restaurants" we had a nice conversation and it really seemed to spark an interest in both of us. We agreed to a 2nd date before we parted and actually made plans with a time and place. The rest is history.

I was 16 (junior in high school) and he was 17 (Senior in high school). We went to see the movie SAW III. lol

Our first date wasn't really a date. We worked together, he knew where I lived but didn't have my number. He showed up at my door to invite me to watch the baseball playoffs at his house with other co-workers. It turns out he only had the "party" to get me to come over. I figured something was up when the girl he had been sort of seeing wasn't invited. He told me how he got butterflies every time I walked into the room. I still tease him about that 18 years later.

Our first real date was a local seafood restaurant. He still teases me about ordering the lobster special without knowing the price on a first date.

We were married about 6 months later.

We were in high school and we went to a movie. Couldn't tell ya which one, though!

We met in elementary school but didn't start dating until I was almost a senior in HS and he was a sophomore in college. He came over to my parents house on a Friday and we watched August Rush. That Saturday and Sunday I spent a total of 20 hours with him and we knew right away. We've been married for 4 years and together for 7!

We met online using okcupid. Emailed for about 2 months as I lived in Oregon, he lived in NYC. First date was hanging out in my hotel lobby and out to dinner. I was in NYC to take my adult kids to a Dresden Dolls concert. We ended up together for 3 dates on that 3 day trip (he even went to the concert with us). We live in Oregon now, as he wanted a break from his high stress Wall Street job, but we will likely move back to Manhattan this year sometime. 99% match on okcpid, and almost a year later, I am in awe of their matching system.

I met my wife in Evening Division Classes at our University. We would chat out in the hallways while smoking (it wasn't a criminal offense back then). What I did, would get me arrested today, after class I followed her home and saw where she lived. A few nights later I stopped in (surprise). Stalking 101! We went out for a ride and talked some more and the rest was a 29 year, two children and four grandchildren history. Didn't have a happy ending, but, it lasted quite awhile for a failed marriage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter