FIFA World Cup 2022 thread

World Cup excitement scale: How excited are you for the tournament?

Votes: 26 52.0%

Votes: 2 4.0%

Votes: 1 2.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 2.0%

Votes: 3 6.0%

Votes: 4 8.0%

Votes: 10 20.0%

• Total voters
USA dropped two points. We were the better team. GGG once again waited too long for subs. We will beat Iran 1-0 and reach the round of 16, only to be knockout by the Dutch. I really wanted us to win (we really deserved too and Pulisic should have scored). Oh well, typical USA World Cup drama. Proud of our team. I hope we gained new fans of the sport today.

Last edited:
USA dropped two points. We were the better team. GGG once again waited too long for subs. We will beat Iran 1-0 and reach the round of 16, only to knockout by the Dutch. I really wanted us to win (we really deserved too and Pulisic should have scored). Oh well, typical USA World Cup drama. Proud of our team. I hope we gained new fans of the sport today.
Didn't you predict wins vs Wales & England? And we drew on both? I think you might want to stop the predictions. :rotfl2: We control our own destiny. Short of qualifying to move on after the second game, that's about the best you can ask for.

And I don’t know how England feels about the referee but I don’t think he did well this game as well.

Didn't you predict wins vs Wales & England? And we drew on both? I think you might want to stop the predictions. :rotfl2: We control our own destiny. Short of qualifying to move on after the second game, that's about the best you can ask for.
I predict what I think will be necessary.

um, please explain.

A prediction by definition is what you think will happen. A prediction is not what NEEDS to happen.

It's simple now. The US needs to win. Period. A loss or a tie means our WC trip is done. That's not a prediction, that's a fact.
Another fact... if we win by 5, we win the group. Winning by 4 might get us there, but it will depend on what happens in the England/Wales matchup.
I predicted that today was going to be a must win because I thought Iran was going to beat Wales (even though I was rooting for Wales to win). I know we should beat Iran but 1998 still haunts me.

I predicted that today was going to be a must win because I thought Iran was going to beat Wales (even though I was rooting for Wales to win). I know we should beat Iran but 1998 still haunts me.
That still doesn't make sense. Iran beating Wales meant today's game wouldn't knock us out and wouldn't put us through. A "must win" means something bad will happen if you DON'T win. Guess what? We didn't win. And we can still advance. And we've shown we can outplay the #5 team in the world.

That still doesn't make sense. Iran beating Wales meant today's game wouldn't knock us out and wouldn't put us through. A "must win" means something bad will happen if you DON'T win. Guess what? We didn't win. And we can still advance. And we've shown we can outplay the #5 team in the world.
It’s was also a must win in the spiritual sense that Europeans may start to respect our players more instead of an after thought. How many more Americans will watch Tuesday if they didn’t plan to before? That win would have moved the influence more than just a predictable win against Iran.

GGG needs to explain why he saints past the 60th mark to make substitutions. Gio should have been on at the hour mark, Jesus as well.

Would you have brought Prefolk and Pepi instead of Ferreira and Wright?

We in Leeds Utd (my local Premier League Team) respect your players - Adams and Aaronson are ours and we even have that rare beast - and American Manager, Jessie Marsch. You all should really switch to Leeds United as being your Premier League team.
England were dire, but they haven’t been good since the euros, but credit due, USA played well. I hope they get through as my ‘Second’ team, or first team if England get knocked out. USA are a very young team and can only get better. A good run here could get more support in the country for them.

Saturday’s matches:

Tunisia vs Australia 5am ET on FS1/Telemundo/TSN/Peacock

KSA vs Poland 8am ET on FS1/Telemundo/TSN/Peacock

France vs Denmark 11am ET on FS1/Telemundo/TSN/Peacock

Argentina vs Mexico 2pm ET on FS1/Telemundo/TSN/Peacock

We in Leeds Utd (my local Premier League Team) respect your players - Adams and Aaronson are ours and we even have that rare beast - and American Manager, Jessie Marsch. You all should really switch to Leeds United as being your Premier League team.
England were dire, but they haven’t been good since the euros, but credit due, USA played well. I hope they get through as my ‘Second’ team, or first team if England get knocked out. USA are a very young team and can only get better. A good run here could get more support in the country for them.
I do watch Leeds and do appreciate the kind words. I know some in England respect us but 606 on 5 live are already believing Iran will beat us. Do you know some in Leeds who watch MLS as well? The league has grown immensely in the last 10 years if you haven’t. Apple is offering a deal where you can watch the whole 2023 season for $100 if you are interested.
https://www.mlssoccer.com/apple/?utm_source=league&utm_medium=apple-horizontal-slim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter