feedback/Advice on Buying Groceries at DVC villas

maurobecerra

Earning My Ears
I will appreciate any feedback regards buying groceries meanwhile staying at DVC villas- Riviera DVC. Is instacart a good option? Amazon fresh? Any advice will be appreciated

Last edited:
I will appreciate any feed back regards buying groceries meanwhile staying at DVC villas riviera. Is instacart a good optio, Amazon fresh? Any advice we be appreciated
Both are good options. I don't think Amazon Fresh delivers alcohol. Instacart will but you need to be present when they deliver and show ID. I've used dizzydolphindelivery.com for groceries and specialty items and have been very satisfied with their service but they are not the least expensive of the bunch. However, they will shop multiple locations to get exactly what you request.

HI
Will any of the services deliver direct to my villa or only to the front desk?
I go in 2 weeks and want to give it a try. I was also thinking of placing an order for pick up to save time from walking the aisles.

HI
Will any of the services deliver direct to my villa or only to the front desk?
I go in 2 weeks and want to give it a try. I was also thinking of placing an order for pick up to save time from walking the aisles.
It depends on the resort. If you're staying at SSR or OKW, then chances are good that some will take your order to your villa. But at VGF and BWV our experience has been that they don't go further than the lobby.

If you have a larger order, Walmart Grocery can cost significantly less than the other options (they also have a HUGE selection).

I'm not totally sure what Riviera's grocery situation looks like, but every DVC resort I've stayed at keeps quite a bit on site. Eggs, milk, bread, some frozen meals, etc. Every time I've ordered groceries I've gotten way too much and it was wasted money, so depending on what you want, this might be a good option.

If you really want delivery, skip Garden Grocer. Almost all of our goods were dented. I've heard great things about Dizzy Dolphin.

I was charged for my dizzydolphin order, which was left with bell services at BWV.

Were you charged by Disney because the groceries were delivered and left with Bell Services? Or were you charged because you had Bell Services bring the groceries to your room?

From the official Disney website:

Getting Grocery Orders Delivered to Your Disney Resort Hotel Room
If you have grocery orders delivered to your Disney Resort hotel during your vacation, a $6 fee will be charged to your room account for each order brought to your room by Bell Services or Luggage Assistance. Alternatively, grocery delivery order pickup in the Resort Lobby from Bell Services or Luggage Assistance is available at no charge.

Here is the link (which works even though it will say that it is still loading):
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/mail-services/

Were you charged by Disney because the groceries were delivered and left with Bell Services? Or were you charged because you had Bell Services bring the groceries to your room?

From the official Disney website:

Getting Grocery Orders Delivered to Your Disney Resort Hotel Room
If you have grocery orders delivered to your Disney Resort hotel during your vacation, a $6 fee will be charged to your room account for each order brought to your room by Bell Services or Luggage Assistance. Alternatively, grocery delivery order pickup in the Resort Lobby from Bell Services or Luggage Assistance is available at no charge.

Here is the link (which works even though it will say that it is still loading):
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/mail-services/
It was Disney that charged the room account for the groceries being dropped off with bell services.

It was Disney that charged the room account for the groceries being dropped off with bell services.

My question was - did Disney charge for the groceries being delivered to Bell Services? Or did Disney charge for the delivery from Bell Services to your room?

I have been under the impression that there is no charge for groceries being delivered to Bell Services; if you want to pick them up yourself at Bell Services and take them to your room you will not be charged.

I'm not totally sure what Riviera's grocery situation looks like, but every DVC resort I've stayed at keeps quite a bit on site. Eggs, milk, bread, some frozen meals, etc. Every time I've ordered groceries I've gotten way too much and it was wasted money, so depending on what you want, this might be a good option.

If you really want delivery, skip Garden Grocer. Almost all of our goods were dented. I've heard great things about Dizzy Dolphin.

I was actually surprised at how small the selection was at RIV. We had to go to BCV to get a few odds and ends. Now, this was at the very beginning of 2020 so RIV had only opened a few weeks before. They may have expanded the selection but it couldn't have been by much. The store is tiny.

My one & only experience with grocery delivery was at BWV was this past March. I used a grocery delivery service that I found on Ear For Each Other (a FB group that highlights services offered by laid off or furloughed Disney CMs) called Marci's Magical Deliveries. She advised Walmart as their selection is very diverse BUT they do run out of certain items. Walmart emailed to request that I accept substitutions but we were in flight, so I missed the chance to accept substitutions & some items were missing in my order. Marci did try to contact me as well, but I didn't receive her message until it was past pick up time. I wasn't missing vital items, so it was not a problem. I found comfort it knowing i had a personal shopper looking out for my order & delivering to my resort. She left everything at the bell desk & when our room was ready, bell services delivered our luggage along with our Walmart order. I double checked my resort receipt & I was not charged a delivery fee from bell desk to my room. I'm unsure if it was because it was grouped with my luggage? In the future, I'd expect to pay the fee & consider it pixie dust if it doesn't show on my bill. Marci was very good at communicating & I would use her services again in the future.

Walmart emailed to request that I accept substitutions but we were in flight, so I missed the chance to accept substitutions & some items were missing in my order. Marci did try to contact me as well, but I didn't receive her message until it was past pick up time.
For the future, there is a box to check to authorize substitutions on the WalmartGrocery order form (before submittal, excluding alcohol). And if they substitute with a higher priced item, there is no additional charge :)

I have used instacart and Walmart grocery. Both delivered to the lobby. Both had beer and we had to bring our id down when items were delivered.

I looked into Dizzy and they have great reviews, but we just packed the bourbon in wine wings and it traveled just fine.

We drink a couple of coke zeros each per day and so i buy 2 six packs of the 16/20 oz bottles. I also buy the jimmy dean breakfast scrambles for DH because he has to eat when he takes his meds @ 5am. Breakfast items are always on our list if bringing the grandchildren. It is so much easier in the mornings. We make a point to get Mickey waffles at least once.

The giftshops do have a lot of grocery items at the DVC resorts. They are not too overly priced either. They even have apples and bananas.

Without reading all the previous threads here my two cents worth. We previously used Garden Grocer but switched to Dizzy Dolphin and could not be happier. We have now used them 3 times and are set to use them again. They are so easy to work with and are happy to answer any of your questions. They do deliver alchol with your food order but they have you go to a certain stores website to place your order and they pick it up for you and deliver it with your food order, no big deal. Their website explains all this and is easy to navigate. They deliver to guest services and text you when delivered. They are locals and also DVC members. Hope this helps..smjj..ºoº

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter