***** February 2022 Thread *****

So I have convinced hubby to consider aFfebruary trip so I need help. I have never been in February so all of you February regulars, would you choose 1st-6th (Tuesday through Sunday), 8th-13th (Tuesday through Sunday), or 15th-20th (Tuesday through Sunday). With hubby's work we would have to fly in Tuesday or Wednesday and leave on a Sunday because he can't take off more than 3 days in a row. I hate the thought Saturday being a park day but I'm hoping in February we could make it work. Park days would be Wednesday-Saturday or if we have to fly in Wednesday then maybe just three park days with them being Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Be careful of President's day which is on the 21st. Even though you won't actually be there that day the weekend before it may be busy.

So I have convinced hubby to consider aFfebruary trip so I need help. I have never been in February so all of you February regulars, would you choose 1st-6th (Tuesday through Sunday), 8th-13th (Tuesday through Sunday), or 15th-20th (Tuesday through Sunday). With hubby's work we would have to fly in Tuesday or Wednesday and leave on a Sunday because he can't take off more than 3 days in a row. I hate the thought Saturday being a park day but I'm hoping in February we could make it work. Park days would be Wednesday-Saturday or if we have to fly in Wednesday then maybe just three park days with them being Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
We are going to be at the WL from Feb 5th to 10th. The room rates jump from value season to spring prices with stays beginning Feb 10th, and for the WL, it was a big jump. We also like to avoid the major holidays, and with Presidents Day on Feb 21st, we would avoid that weekend. You might want to price out your dates and see what the costs are. :)

Made a change to my split stay. Now staying at the Polynesian dvc studios(2/4-2/7) and the Polynesian (resort side) (2/7-2/11)

Last edited:
Be careful of President's day which is on the 21st. Even though you won't actually be there that day the weekend before it may be busy.
We are going to be at the WL from Feb 5th to 10th. The room rates jump from value season to spring prices with stays beginning Feb 10th, and for the WL, it was a big jump. We also like to avoid the major holidays, and with Presidents Day on Feb 21st, we would avoid that weekend. You might want to price out your dates and see what the costs are. :)

Thank y'all We would be leaving Sunday morning so no park day that day for sure. I told hubby I would not stay the extra day with presidents day being the next day, even though an extra day would have been nice. I was leaning more towards the first dates so I'll probably just plane that one for now and see what happens. Thanks again for the input.

Thank y'all We would be leaving Sunday morning so no park day that day for sure. I told hubby I would not stay the extra day with presidents day being the next day, even though an extra day would have been nice. I was leaning more towards the first dates so I'll probably just plane that one for now and see what happens. Thanks again for the input.
You may also want to check out resort prices and availability in helping make your decision. Not sure if you want to stay onsite or offsite but prices can differ greatly, especially President's Day weekend.

You may also want to check out resort prices and availability in helping make your decision. Not sure if you want to stay onsite or offsite but prices can differ greatly, especially President's Day weekend.

Thank you. I had already checked all that. I have a notebook with notes on prices and resort availability for each of the dates I had asked about. I've also checked flight info for the different days as well. I was just curious what time of February people prefer since I've never been in February.

On a side note...My hubby will appreciate the cooler weather for sure. He is hot natured and I'm cold natured so I will be prepared for the weather to go one way or the other for me. I know I'll need a light jacket first thing in the morning and later after the sun starts to set. Hubby will most likely still be sweating while in shorts LOL.

Thank you. I had already checked all that. I have a notebook with notes on prices and resort availability for each of the dates I had asked about. I've also checked flight info for the different days as well. I was just curious what time of February people prefer since I've never been in February.

On a side note...My hubby will appreciate the cooler weather for sure. He is hot natured and I'm cold natured so I will be prepared for the weather to go one way or the other for me. I know I'll need a light jacket first thing in the morning and later after the sun starts to set. Hubby will most likely still be sweating while in shorts LOL.
We pack layers too. I am your hubby and my daughter is you! :)

We pack layers too. I am your hubby and my daughter is you! :)

I am always walking around my house with a sweatshirt and blanket because my hubby and son are so hot natured they like to keep the house cooler. Although I do say its easier for me to put on layers than for them to take them off since they can only take off so much :rotfl2:However living in hot humid Alabama I am very hot natured in the humidity so I'm sure I will appreciate the cooler less humidity in February as well.

I guess go ahead and add me to the list please. Right now we are planning February 1st-6th. I'll update with resort once we decide where but probably POFQ.

Airfare is booked. I used points so our round trip flights cost a whopping $22.00 and some change ($11.00 each flight). I still have enough points for another flight somewhere. This will be our first time flying in the evening. We land at MCO a little after 8:30 pm. Normally we are on the 6 am flights. Both the flight there and the flight home are direct flights so they are both just a couple hours long, which is good because hubby will work half a day on departure day. Now let's hope nothing changes and we don't have to tweak our flight dates any.

Okay we are officially booked. Flying in early morning on Thursday Feb. 24th. Staying at the CBR the 24-26 and then moving to OKW the 26-28! Got park reservations made: MK on the 25th, HS on the 26th, running the princess half marathon on the 27th and heading to Epcot afterwards! Flying home the afternoon of the 28th! Now let the countdown commence!

So those that fly in, what are you thinking as far as getting from the airport to your resort? I'm waiting to see how the Mears bus service is before I decide if I want to reserve that.

So those that fly in, what are you thinking as far as getting from the airport to your resort? I'm waiting to see how the Mears bus service is before I decide if I want to reserve that.
I usually use Lyft. Quick and convenient.

We will use Uber or Lyft. I looked into Mears and the prices for just 2 people round trip was more than what we previously have paid for Uber or Lyft. If they did the luggage transfers that used to be part of magical express I would consider changing my mind but they don’t.

We will use Uber or Lyft. I looked into Mears and the prices for just 2 people round trip was more than what we previously have paid for Uber or Lyft. If they did the luggage transfers that used to be part of magical express I would consider changing my mind but they don’t.
Since we knew Magical Express will be gone, we decided to fly into Sanford since the prices were WAY cheaper! We'll probably either uber or order a Mears van from Sanford. Anyone else every fly into Sanford? We've only ever flown into MCO.

I will probably use Mears too. Looked into renting a car but between rental and parking it was over $800 for our trip.

Nope. No thank you!

Update: Just looked at Mears and it will be $64 round-trip for the 2 of us. Pretty sure I will be choosing that option I believe as it's about the same as Uber/Lyft though so I may still change my mind. Have never used Uber or Lyft. Really must give them a try.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter