***** February 2022 Thread *****

I haven't reserved anything yet, but wondering if anyone can tell me why it seems so busy? I am doing through DVC so I can ask there too, but I always though February would be a slower month. The DVC reservation site is booked all over the place. However, I am trying to squeeze in a long weekend for Presidents' Day due to school schedules, etc. We were hoping Festival of the Arts would still be going.

Many, many people are delaying their summer trips hoping things are better in the new year. We were originally going in August and a good amount of us (our family included) have delayed our trips until the new year. Add that to the number of people wanting to visit at some point of the 50th Celebrations and those just wanting to finally travel and it's making a lot of Disney dates extremely busy.

My husband and I will be celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary at the BWI club level February 15-22! Our anniversary is on the 18th. Hoping to have dinner at the Flying Fish that night, a tradition for us. He will be done with his chemo treatments in December, so hopefully we will be good to go!

Updated to here :)

We’re taking two DDs to stay in a royal room at Port Orleans - Riverside 2/5-2/12 and the little one has a birthday while we are there.
YAS! I am so excited for you!! My favorite are the Royal Rooms :lovestruc I bet they will find it absolutely magical.

We will be there 2/1 thru 2/10. Our resorts may change but right now we are looking at BLT and BWV. We are on a waiting list for a couple of the days and hoping it will come through.
That's okay, let me know if they change. I put you on the list with the current info though (hope you got it by now though!)

Cancelled our November 2021 trip but hubby and I will be down Princess Weekend at POR Riverside! It’s adults only so I’m super excited!
Do you know what dates yet? YAY for the weekend!! I would love to go participate in Princess weekend but I would HAVE to have a Royal Room and they are just expensive that weekend lol

I haven't reserved anything yet, but wondering if anyone can tell me why it seems so busy? I am doing through DVC so I can ask there too, but I always though February would be a slower month. The DVC reservation site is booked all over the place. However, I am trying to squeeze in a long weekend for Presidents' Day due to school schedules, etc. We were hoping Festival of the Arts would still be going.
Yup, as others have said, people keep pushing out their vacations and hope 2022 will work. Also, usually February is a slow time (except for the marathon weekend) and many probably were thinking the same thing cause slower usually means cheaper for Disney.

Updated to here :)

YAS! I am so excited for you!! My favorite are the Royal Rooms :lovestruc I bet they will find it absolutely magical.

That's okay, let me know if they change. I put you on the list with the current info though (hope you got it by now though!)

Do you know what dates yet? YAY for the weekend!! I would love to go participate in Princess weekend but I would HAVE to have a Royal Room and they are just expensive that weekend lol

Yup, as others have said, people keep pushing out their vacations and hope 2022 will work. Also, usually February is a slow time (except for the marathon weekend) and many probably were thinking the same thing cause slower usually means cheaper for Disney.
Sorry, changed my resorts this morning. Split stay between Beach Club and Wilderness lodge😃
Not exactly sure why you have me listed as 1st trip (its probably over 25+ at this point) though it will be my first time at Beach Club. Dates are still 2/5-2/11

Sorry, changed my resorts this morning. Split stay between Beach Club and Wilderness lodge😃
Not exactly sure why you have me listed as 1st trip (its probably over 25+ at this point) though it will be my first time at Beach Club. Dates are still 2/5-2/11
Oops, sorry, must have put it one line above or below where it was suppose to go. I'll fix it when I am next on my laptop :)

I’m sad to say that a few weeks ago we made the decision to once again, postpone our WDW vacation. When we made the choice, there was still too much up in the air regarding Fast Pass, new ride openings, and park offerings… Not to mention, we just bought a new house and truck. Ensuring we had enough for vacation without dipping into savings was becoming an unneeded stressor so we opted out. We’re going to try for maybe a Christmas 2022 or Sweet 16 for our twins in 3/23.

It’s disappointjng but it’s also the epitome of First World Problems. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Plus we’re still having a vacation, just not to WDW ❤️

I’m wishing everyone here the very best time on their trips though! I hope to follow along and live vicariously through some trip reports.

I’m sad to say that a few weeks ago we made the decision to once again, postpone our WDW vacation. When we made the choice, there was still too much up in the air regarding Fast Pass, new ride openings, and park offerings… Not to mention, we just bought a new house and truck. Ensuring we had enough for vacation without dipping into savings was becoming an unneeded stressor so we opted out. We’re going to try for maybe a Christmas 2022 or Sweet 16 for our twins in 3/23.

Plus we’re still having a vacation, just not to WDW ❤

I’m wishing everyone here the very best time on their trips though! I hope to follow along and live vicariously through some trip reports.
Sorry you had to postpone. I hope you can make it for Christmas 2022

I understand why you'd do that.

For us, it isn't the money but the experience. I still have hope. I eagerly watch for news of things opening. I love soda, so I'm happy about Club Cool opening.

But if the trams and hugging princesses isn't back, we'll postpone.

Although, DD will be 11, so still in the sweet spot of excited to see some characters and can ride all the rides. I'd like to go while I can still dress her in a Princess dress.

Plus we’re still having a vacation, just not to WDW ❤

It’s so disappointing to postpone a trip, but we are in the same situation/mindset. Our big Jan/Feb family trip is being postponed and has turned into quick a solo trip for me — to scope out and get proficient with the new system before we try to bring our son. And we got hit with a huge car issue (transmission:sad:), which we opted to repair instead of buy new, due to the lack of new vehicles to buy. Now we’re planning a beach vacay for spring, which I’m sure will be fun too!

Disney will be there when you are ready. We‘re hoping it may actually be better once the big revenge travel surge subsides. Something to look forward to!

Disney will be there when you are ready. We‘re hoping it may actually be better once the big revenge travel surge subsides. Something to look forward to!

That is sooo true. If it weren't that I'd waited 40+ years for this first Disney trip, and DD being in the sweet-spot age wise, I would totally postpone to Feb 2023. Ideal time would be after revenge travel is over AND Disney has had time to notice a severe slump in attendance and adds discounts.

I'm not officially booked but I am trying to talk hubby into an early February trip. He isn't a huge Disney fan but goes to appease me. I would make this a girls trip with my daughter but she is now back to taking some college courses and has a big class load come February. Although her classes are all online so she could probably make it work, I don't want her to stress over schoolwork. Plus who knows what all will be going in on her and her hubby's life since he graduates college in December. So if hubby doesn't want to go I may see about making my first solo trip since my youngest son (who is also in college) doesn't have any desire to go to any type of theme park since he doesn't do rides. Anyway, all that to say I am gonna come hang out here while I try to talk hubby into this trip. If I convince him, I'll book and come post details with dates and resort (which will most likely be value just to keep prices down).

Going Feb. 24-28 . Don't have set plans besides being signed up to run the princess 1/2 marathon! We typically go either beginning of January or June! This will be our first end of February trip! We are planning on nailing down hotel and airfare plans this week. But we'll be doing 3 park days: magic kingdom, Epcot, and Hollywood studios!

So I have convinced hubby to consider aFfebruary trip so I need help. I have never been in February so all of you February regulars, would you choose 1st-6th (Tuesday through Sunday), 8th-13th (Tuesday through Sunday), or 15th-20th (Tuesday through Sunday). With hubby's work we would have to fly in Tuesday or Wednesday and leave on a Sunday because he can't take off more than 3 days in a row. I hate the thought Saturday being a park day but I'm hoping in February we could make it work. Park days would be Wednesday-Saturday or if we have to fly in Wednesday then maybe just three park days with them being Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter