February 2021 W.I.S.H. - Being your own Fabulous Self

My motivation this week... it's a short work week as I have Thurs/Fri off to head out to the coast. I was originally going last week, so major score on having changed and not having to scramble last minute because of the weather. The snow started to melt yesterday and is down to about half of what it was. Midday today it should start raining, so at lunchtime I'll go out and clear around the street drain. I'm hoping it is enough rain to clear the street so I can run to the grocery store. Tomorrow temps get back up into the 40 degrees range and stay there all week, so there shouldn't be any challenges with bad driving conditions locally or on the way to the beach.

Kind of a rough weekend emotional wise... the snow was beautiful but also stressful and the impeachment trial last week was triggering so I was in a pretty funky space. The travel plans for Thurs/Fri should help, as driving/moving around always does, but I am seriously thinking of finding a counselor/therapist to work thru the impacts to past couple of years have had, as I think it is all piling up.

This week I'm determined to get back to actually getting ready for work, as in taking my shower in the morning and doing my hair and makeup... putting on pants, because yes there were a couple days last week where I did have PJ bottoms on. I am fully dressed and all dolled up this morning.

Edited to add... there's a therapist at the clinic where I go for acupuncture who sounds like a really good fit so I have an appointment with her for tomorrow, because I'm motivated!

Last edited:
My motivation this week... it's a short work week as I have Thurs/Fri off to head out to the coast. I was originally going last week, so major score on having changed and not having to scramble last minute because of the weather. The snow started to melt yesterday and is down to about half of what it was. Midday today it should start raining, so at lunchtime I'll go out and clear around the street drain. I'm hoping it is enough rain to clear the street so I can run to the grocery store. Tomorrow temps get back up into the 40 degrees range and stay there all week, so there shouldn't be any challenges with bad driving conditions locally or on the way to the beach.

Kind of a rough weekend emotional wise... the snow was beautiful but also stressful and the impeachment trial last week was triggering so I was in a pretty funky space. The travel plans for Thurs/Fri should help, as driving/moving around always does, but I am seriously thinking of finding a counselor/therapist to work thru the impacts to past couple of years have had, as I think it is all piling up.

This week I'm determined to get back to actually getting ready for work, as in taking my shower in the morning and doing my hair and makeup... putting on pants, because yes there were a couple days last week where I did have PJ bottoms on. I am fully dressed and all dolled up this morning.
I found last week to be stressful as well. Talking to someone never hurts.

Happy for all the worker bees enjoying a day off today-Sunday is always more relaxing knowing Monday is a holiday!

Waiting for our next round of ice/sleet. I have to bundle up soon and get out for a walk before it arrives. Making chicken rice soup for dinner because we indulged over the weekend with Valentine’s Day treats.
Still working on cleaning out our home office-I find old pictures and get distracted for the next hour!

We are car shopping because when we took my husband’s car in for inspection it needed 2500.00 of work. It’s 16 years old, so we hate to invest that much-but I find it stressful.

Happy for all the worker bees enjoying a day off today-Sunday is always more relaxing knowing Monday is a holiday!

Waiting for our next round of ice/sleet. I have to bundle up soon and get out for a walk before it arrives. Making chicken rice soup for dinner because we indulged over the weekend with Valentine’s Day treats.
Still working on cleaning out our home office-I find old pictures and get distracted for the next hour!

We are car shopping because when we took my husband’s car in for inspection it needed 2500.00 of work. It’s 16 years old, so we hate to invest that much-but I find it stressful.

Good luck!! I agree with you on finding it stressful, but I hope you end up with something great!

Edited to add... there's a therapist at the clinic where I go for acupuncture who sounds like a really good fit so I have an appointment with her for tomorrow, because I'm motivated!
It is empowering to be so proactive.

I'm working on putting the last 4 traumatizing years behind us especially as things improve.

Today has been a good day. I got up and got my workout in and watched some TV. DS has been wanting to make stuffed peppers for us for a long time. He has never made it before. He found a recipe (Rae Dummond) and he is making us dinner. I did help him but he has done most of it himself. I was just there to help if he needed me. It is in the oven now so I will let you how it is. It has zucchini in it. We did use can tomatoes instead of fresh tomatoes. But the little bit that I ate of the mixture was good.

Tomorrow I will get some doughnuts for the kids and I for fat Tuesday. I will go over my calories tomorrow but I am planning to workout a bit more to compensate for that not good eating tomorrow.

Am a couple pages behind but will post now because I have internet in this parking lot! Our power went off Friday night after a spectacular freezing rain storm! The city is a mess! Trees and branches everywhere. Hopefully because we drove out of town To get ice that when we return we’ll have power!! Hoping that my body is burning calories like crazy as we try to stay warm!!

Am a couple pages behind but will post now because I have internet in this parking lot! Our power went off Friday night after a spectacular freezing rain storm! The city is a mess! Trees and branches everywhere. Hopefully because we drove out of town To get ice that when we return we’ll have power!! Hoping that my body is burning calories like crazy as we try to stay warm!!
Oh my gosh! I’m so sorry. I hope you get your power back soon.

Oh, my! Losing power in the winter is the worse! Hope it comes back soon!

Eating & stress are my struggles. When I put them together, that’s the worst. But my dream is to be active all my life, no matter my age. So I have to keep my struggle in check to keep my weight on track because I’ve seen weight get in the way of being active for other family members. One way to do that is to keep thinking of that dream...that goal. Keep it right in my face at all times. And know that one little treat doesn’t ruin it all. But just to keep it in check. I went all out with food on Valentine’s Day (definitely too much!). But then I was right back on track yesterday. Allowing for those treats help me to give in a little, but still keep my goal in focus.

My healthy lifestyle struggle is definitely meal planning. I can get really lazy about food, and get in a rut of just fixing what's easy.

But my dream is to be active all my life, no matter my age.

I agree!

So I think I'm going to try getting my family more involved in meal planning - piggybacking on their fresh ideas might nudge me to do better.

For most of January and early February, I definitely was struggling. Cold weather, boredom, stress-inside most of the day. I like to cook and because I’m retired, I have the time-and then I end up making comfort food or sweets “for my husband”.
After a couple weeks of this though, my clothes get a little snug, my knees start complaining and I just feel sluggish. Then I remember why I lost weight in the first place-to feel healthy. I’m slowly but steadily getting back into my good habits-making good but healthy meals, not snacking on junk (not buying junk!) and exercise consistently.

Struggles... I don't meal plan and I don't cook and I don't exercise. I think that about covers it! But I think I may have found a clue to why I do things the way I do and why I process things the way I do, it is something I want to explore with the therapist.

Dreams... there's a couple I follow on IG that have such a strong partnership, which is really inspiring. That's what I want... a happy partnership, a little house in PT, to go hiking and bird watching and generally exploring together. Oh, and he needs to be a good cook... and I'll be his sou chef.

Yesterday was a rough day, mentally and emotionally. Then something shifted in my body early afternoon, it was kind of scary actually, but I slept soundly last night and feel better this morning than I have since mid-last week, so something has worked itself out. This morning the roads were clear enough that I went to Starbucks to get breakfast and man did it feel good to get out. I wish I had done it earlier tho because there was a patch of blue sky to the west over the mountains and I would have loved to have doven down around the beach.

Oh No! I hope your power comes back on soon. Ice storms are the worst. We had one in maybe November or December that left a mess and no power too.

Struggles -- I will have to say busy schedules. When we had all of the activities for the kids a lot of the time it was just easier to big up fast food and eat while driving to the next place. We have been so much better with no activities. I need to get better at meal planning because it won't be long until soccer starts and with it being high school for both there will be many more practices.

Also, stress can be a struggle. I am working on get that under control.

Dreams -- To be able to around for grandbabies and live as old as my grandparents and great grandparents.

Last night we got about 6-7 inches of snow. All the schools in the area have a snow day. They called school last night at about 8. The snow had just started at that point. It was odd that they called it that early. We did end up getting less then expected. They were talking 12ish inches. We have another snowstorm Thursday and then it will snow through the weekend. They are not talking about the amount yet so not sure how bad it will be. I think we have gotten snow everyday for about a week or two now. nothing that really accumulates but enough to make the roads slick for a little bit. Next week we are going to have a heat wave. We are going to reach maybe to the mid 30's. After being in the teens and low 20's now for a few weeks I am ready to be a bit warmer. First we have to get through the negative wind chills tonight though.

Struggles: Being a stress eater; celebration eater; being married to a food saboteur. I am learning how to manage the stress-eating...definitely making progress. When there's a celebration, I go wild, and don't care. I try to say, "no" to most of the junk DH brings home. He gave me Valentine candy, but I limited it to the weekend, and left the rest for DD and DH. This is the first year that I didn't succumb to Paczki's (Polish doughnut) on Fat Tuesday. We are not Polish, but they are popular where we live, and they are sinfully delicious. I know he wants me thin, so I don't get why he sabotages me constantly.

Dreams: To be able to wear regular sizes and leave plus sizes behind giving me many more fashion choices. To be healthy, active, and without pain so that my life will be more enjoyable, have less limitations, and I can travel more comfortably. I purposely fly first class so that I don't have to deal with a too small seat on an airplane. I want to look and feel young as I prepare for the day that my DD gets married and I have
grandchildren.

I need to keep my eye on the prize. I have my dreams written in a journal which I reread and sometimes rewrite when I need to refocus. I know what I want. I know how to get there. I just have to do it. Finally.

Woohoo - I started a new workout program and my legs were so sore yesterday from all the squats on day 1! It’s a good sore.

Woohoo - I gave myself a treat day for Valentines Day. Fully enjoyed it. But then got right back of track the next day with following my eating plan!

Woohoo - we have the ability to go virtual during snow days. Otherwise we’d be adding on more days to the end of the school year.

Woohoo - the kids finally got to take home valentines that were quarantined for a week (longer than expected due to snow).

Woohoo - my son’s basketball team won their second game last night!

WOO HOO!!!

1. Today is not only hump day, it is remote Wednesday, so even though I will be in the building, all of my students and their cooties will be at home!

2. Snow is coming! Maybe a snow day tomorrow and Friday, or at the very least, another remote learning day and delay!

3. I got a new para!
(Unfortunately my new para is one of those people who lets her nose slip out of her mask :(, I will be spending part of my day today moving the para desk and homework area to the farthest counter at the back of the classroom. In my experience, asking people to wear their masks correctly backfires and becomes a rebellious act as it did with my custodian and lunch lady. I asked them to please wear their masks over their noses since they are role models to the students. It has resulted in them having a lot of "Oops! my mask slipped again!" moments in my room. Not cute. A friend of mine said that peoples' noses sticking out of their masks is the new middle finger. I tend to agree. Since I don't know anything about my new para, I don't want the same to happen. Best to keep her away from the kids and I as much as possible. I am bringing in a face shield for her to wear in close contact...which may signal a need for safety without putting her on the defensive.) But, Woo Hoo anyway...to getting some help.

I hope you all have a Wednesday worthy of a Woo Hoo or two!:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!