February 2021 W.I.S.H. - Being your own Fabulous Self

Wow on the snow, @Oneanne!!

I'm another who watches This Is Us. :love: (I was so excited to get a new episode this week!) - If any of you haven't found it yet, we have a thread here on the DIS where we analyze it to death: current page, I think

DH and I DVR it, and both watch it, but not at the same time. I tend to watch the next morning over coffee, so I can talk about it here and with another friend who watches. He tends to save up a few episodes, binge watch them, and then we discuss everything too. The same goes for Station 19/Grey's Anatomy and The Good Doctor.

The exception is Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist. - That one we actually watch together! We've also been watching game shows over dinner sometimes lately. Our favorites are The Chase, Master Minds, and America Says.

My other favorite (besides This Is Us) is Once Upon a Time, which I have been carefully rationing on Disney+! (I use it as motivation to get on the treadmill in the evenings.)

Other shows I watch without DH are Young Sheldon, Mixed-ish, and sometimes the American History TV stuff that has been offered lately: https://www.c-span.org/series/?ahtv (There are several different series, various college lectures, old news reels, presentations/interviews with authors, etc.) I like to put it on as background instead of music.

I started watching Mr. Mayor and WandaVision recently as well, and may get back to them, but I've noticed I'm letting episodes pile up, so I may drop either or both. - I liked them well enough, I'm just watching a lot right now, and there's only room for so much.

Last edited:

Iced in here! Daughter w covid is well- rest of the house - just fine too so that’s great! Plus it seems w schools out for weather the world is quarantined with us 🤷‍♀️ Just trying to stay warm!

This is us - we watched a long time ago & then drifted from. Maybe we should ck out again.

Men in Kilts - WILL be watched when it starts tmrw 😄 excited. Love Sam & Graham’s dynamic 💚 plus I love travel shows so - no brainer.

We started watching Animal Kingdom on Dis + w my 5 almost 6 yo...it’s been a great non fiction start to a usual cartoon line up for him. We all enjoy it.

Wanda vision we’ve been enjoying from the start too. I feel like I’m missing good shows... awaiting new seasons & I’m sure they’ll all be a long way out too... Outlander, Last Kingdom, Survivor 😑

Reading is usually set to current event articles but we’re in My Fathers Dragon with the boys... I’m basically set to age 5 these days guys 😆 It’s ok. I will not have littles forever 🥰

Iced in here! Daughter w covid is well- rest of the house - just fine too so that’s great! Plus it seems w schools out for weather the world is quarantined with us 🤷‍♀️ Just trying to stay warm!

This is us - we watched a long time ago & then drifted from. Maybe we should ck out again.

Men in Kilts - WILL be watched when it starts tmrw 😄 excited. Love Sam & Graham’s dynamic 💚 plus I love travel shows so - no brainer.

We started watching Animal Kingdom on Dis + w my 5 almost 6 yo...it’s been a great non fiction start to a usual cartoon line up for him. We all enjoy it.

Wanda vision we’ve been enjoying from the start too. I feel like I’m missing good shows... awaiting new seasons & I’m sure they’ll all be a long way out too... Outlander, Last Kingdom, Survivor 😑

Reading is usually set to current event articles but we’re in My Fathers Dragon with the boys... I’m basically set to age 5 these days guys 😆 It’s ok. I will not have littles forever 🥰
Glad all is going well, health wise. My Father’s Dragon was a favorite in our house as well.
Hoping we have a new season of Survivor soon-I still enjoy that show.

I am watching a ton. I love Grey's Anatomy, Station 19, Chicago Med, Fire and PD, This is Us, The Good Doctor, SVU, Mr. Mayor, Call me Cat, Super Store, The Connors, American House Wife, and I am sure there are more I can't remember.

On Netflix I have liked watching Call the Midwife, Anne with an E, Sweet Magnolia, The Crown, The Last Czar, Reign, Bridgerton, The Ozarks, Lucifer.

Also new to Netfix is Turn, Washington Spies. We watched this when it originally aired. DH and I loved it. It is based on some truth but they take lots of liberties with it too. We couldn't wait for the next episode.

Right now I am reading the Bridgerton series. I am on the Duke and I right now which the one the the show is based off of right now. They are not exactly the same so it has really kept my attention. Which is really hard to do with books. There are 8 books in the series. One for each of the Bridgerton kids.

Thank you all for the kind words. We are having a good day here. DD and I made some heart sugar cookies and then I made some homemade pierogies to freeze for quick dinners during Lent. I don't eat fish a and I can't have cheese so it doesn't leave a lot for me to eat. So Friday's during Lent I eat pierogies, maybe some fish sticks (not a favorite) or salad without the chicken. I may also just eat a baked potato too.

SO I always get chocolate covered strawberries from my favorite place for Valentine's day. We found out Friday morning that they are not doing it this year. Lots of people are not happy about it. So instead my DH came up with the idea of ordering a beef tenderloin and having a nice dinner. This is one of my favorite. It is the next best thing. He also surprised me with roses. They are so nice. We also got some Gerber daises and both kids got some chocolates. DD was so surprised with her flowers. We have never gotten them for her before. Normally DH doesn't get them for me. SO it was a nice day and tomorrow should be good too.

My back was really hurting yesterday so I didn't get a good workout in but I walked slowly in the treadmill 3 different times for 30 minutes each. Today my back is better so I did 60 but still slower just to make sure I don't over do it since I can still slightly feel pain. I also found out that I cannot eat cereal (frosted flakes) in the morning and then work out a few hours later. My sugar dropped big time both times while I am on treadmill. Once I eat I am fine but I have to get off the treadmill. I have a box left so I got bananas to put in the cereal and see if that helps.

We postponed lunch with family yesterday because of icy roads-hoping they can come over today.

If not, I have a nice dinner planned for the two us and we’ll watch a movie in the evening. My husband brought me some tulips yesterday and I am enjoying them. I baked him some heart shaped cookies-

06405E61-72A2-45E0-97CE-7B02C7A82FF1.jpeg

It did stop snowing for a while over night, but has started up again already this morning. But they are saying only up to 3 more inches before it starts to warm up and turn to rain... which is typical for this area.

I'm proud of myself that I managed to keep the porch clear yesterday and I did end up clearing a path down the stairs, the front walkway and even the front sidewalk. I'm feeling it today tho, so it was Aleve for breakfast.

Plans for self-care today... do the laundry, read, watch the snow while we've still got it, and hope that the warm-up doesn't turn things in to a frozen slushy mess for folks who have to be out in it.

Lazy valentines here... we did a sweets breakfast for the kids. I brought my one (😷) a nice little tray w her treats & mini balloon. Other than that... we’ve just had a low key day with tv & games. Nothing big... just doing. Ready for bedtime & maybe some time to chill. We watched the dig last night- loved it. So sweet. Its icey here & looks likely most of week. Not a norm... but we’ll work w it ❄️ Happy Valentines folks ❤️

I woke on the wrong side of the bed this morning. I was pretty crabby and no reason why. I even got to sleep in. I woke up at 9 and got out of bed at 10. I made waffles for DD and pancakes for DS. We had a video call with DH's family. Then I decorated the the cookies with DD and cleaned and organized the pantry. I was able to read a chapter in my book and rest for a little bit. I made dinner and I am now watching TV with DD. We are watching American Ideal. I have no desire to watch this but she wants me watch it with her and she is very excited about it. So I am watching it. Once this is over at about 9 I will get on the treadmill to get my time in today. I will never make it watching this or I would get on now.

I hope everyone had a great day!!

MOTIVATION MONDAY

I am so happy that this is not a normal Monday. I really need another day off.

This week is bound to be challenging...a new student is starting on Tuesday and a remote learner is switching to in-school instruction. So more kids and less social distancing. I have a PPT (Planning and Placement Team) meeting with a difficult parent. Not having a para right now just makes it all harder.

I am trying to focus on taking it all one day at a time and remember that I can handle whatever this week throws at me.

I am so happy that this is not a normal Monday. I really need another day off.
Me too! I actually stayed in bed today too...which I hardly ever do.

I finished my 6 week workout program on Saturday. So today I will start another one. I’ve done it before, so I know how good it is. It will take me through the next 6 weeks.

I also finished reading The Guest List, so today I will start a similar book, The Hunting Party.

We also have a meeting without financial advisor today. I’m really hoping my husband gets a job soon. It’s just an added layer of stress on top of a pandemic

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter