February 2020 "Travel Disney" Exercise Challenge

Happy Valentine's Day!! :love:

Congratulations to Elizabeth Smith for turning Planning Purple!

Focusing on another Disney love story, we have Enchanted (2007), which has scenes all over New York. Here and here are descriptions of various locations that appear in the movie, including Central Park (where Giselle sings "That's How You Know"), the Time Warner Center, and Katz's Delicatessen (also a location for the classic rom-com When Harry Met Sally).

I knew when my daughter arrived, we'd be really busy - and I was right! We went to Epcot last Saturday - a big mistake! It was absolutely mobbed! But we managed a lovely lunch at Spice Road Table, then a not-leisurely stroll around the lake and home to the pool! (40 minutes)
We headed to Disney Springs on Sunday and had a lovely brunch and shopping day. (40 minutes)
Back to Epcot on Monday and Tuesday to try more food booths and pose in the masterpiece backdrops ( Birth of Venus and Washington Crossing the Delaware were a lot of fun! (75 minutes)
We were lucky enough to have a Moonlight Magic event on Tuesday night - at Animal Kingdom! It was incredible! Did you know it's an 8 minute walk to get up to the top of Flight of Passage? We found that out because there was no line and we didn't stop until we got up to the top! Then we walked right on to Rivers of Light and Kilamanjaro Safari! It was an amazing experience - like having the park to ourselves! If you get the chance, don't miss it. (30 minutes)
Our daughter left on Wednesday and we got to relax! Some pool time was very much needed. Then it was off to the MK for the fireworks. I love Happily Ever After more and more. (30 minutes)
Home on Thursday - the fun airport walks - ugh! And, of course, the flight was delayed several hours. Typical! But it was good to get home. (30 minutes)
I already miss the warm temperatures and the pool! But it was a fun week!
(545/600)
Sophy 1996 - you have an uncanny knack of tracking my life! I grew up in Manhattan and I know all those places very well! I grew up near Katz's Deli, and went to college down the block from the Time Warner Center! Of course, it wasn't built back then, but this is a riot!

@BonnieF, sounds like a really great trip!

Sophy 1996 - you have an uncanny knack of tracking my life! I grew up in Manhattan and I know all those places very well! I grew up near Katz's Deli, and went to college down the block from the Time Warner Center! Of course, it wasn't built back then, but this is a riot!

It's not intentional, honest! :)

So many fun trip ideas thanks to this theme!!!!

Thanks! I always enjoy researching destinations, and I'm having fun figuring out where to go (virtually) next. Though now I really want to do a Route 66 road trip and go to New Orleans. Too many places, not enough vacation time!

Last edited:

Happy Washington's Birthday observance holiday! :boat:

Congratulations to me (sophy1996) for turning Planning Purple.

Today's movie is Bambi (1942). You can see plenty of deer (and rabbits and maybe even skunks) in our national parks--some of my favorite places to visit! Here is a list of the top 10 most visited national parks in 2018 (it's a slideshow). Maybe one is near you? We're lucky enough to have #3 nearby.

From this article, though, it sounds like if you want to get closest to the inspiration for the Forest, you'll have to visit #7.

Sorry I have been gone for a bit. I was sick a few days last week and the others days have been very busy.

Feb 6 -- 10
Feb 7 -- 68
Feb 8 -- 0
Feb 9 -- 0
Feb 10 -- 0
Feb 11 -- 0
Feb 12 -- 0
Feb 13 -- 10
Feb 14 -- 0
Feb 15 -- 0
Feb 16 -- 12
Feb 17 -- 11

Total -- 316/870

I was not sick all of these days. I have been in several meetings a day lately that are keeping me from working out at lunch. I need to figure out what to do on these days.

Congratulations to piglet1979 for turning Onward Orange and to PollyannaMom for turning Planning Purple!

Today's movie is The Adventures of Huck Finn (1993), which reportedly was filmed entirely in Natchez, MS. If you want to cruise the Mississippi, there are a number of modern riverboats run by companies such as the American Queen Steamboat Company and American Cruise Lines. Or for a more DIY trip, be like the Barrel Raft Boys--build your own raft, and sail the length of the river!

Happy Washington's Birthday observance holiday! :boat:

Congratulations to me (sophy1996) for turning Planning Purple.

Today's movie is Bambi (1942). You can see plenty of deer (and rabbits and maybe even skunks) in our national parks--some of my favorite places to visit! Here is a list of the top 10 most visited national parks in 2018 (it's a slideshow). Maybe one is near you? We're lucky enough to have #3 nearby.

From this article, though, it sounds like if you want to get closest to the inspiration for the Forest, you'll have to visit #7.

I've been to three of the top 10, but would love to visit all of them.

Congratulations to Twilight Sparkle for jumping to Ready-to-Go Red, and to ljcrochet and BonnieF for exceeding their goals and turning Getting Gone Green! And the TEAM as a whole has achieved Packing Pink!

party:

With the team doing so well, today's movie is Up (2009).

This article identifies some real-life places that appear in Pixar movies, including Up. One that I wouldn't mind visiting is Fenton's Creamery in Oakland, CA. A little farther afield is the inspiration for Paradise Falls--Canaima National Park in Venezuela.

And here's a story about a real-life Up house, modeled after the movie, in Herriman, Utah.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!