Feb 28, 2010 - 4 night Wonder Cruise

$150 is pricey for the value resorts. We did them in May 09 and they were about $83 per night plus free table service dining and a preferred room. We are not going to venture over to WDW on this trip. Too expensive for a day. We are flying in on Saturday, and will take advantage of a hotel in Orlando and relax by the pool and dinner and on Sunday we'll free shuttle back to the airport for the Disney transportation. It's just me and my granddaughter so don't want the responsibiltiy of renting a car and driving or the hassle of trying to figure out other transportation.

I have always booked room only through WDW but just the other day I checked out expedia.... holy cow!!! Let's just say I booked a value room for one night 3 weeks ago..... $68 on Expedia, $83 on WDW. Then for my upcoming trip next weekend, values were going for $99 on WDW, so I checked Expedia and got the Dolphin for $99!!!! Plus a $50 off coupon for stays of 2 nights or longer. So instead of just staying SAturday night, we're heading down Friday after school.

Also, on Expedia, I noticed Poly for $240 and Contemp for $179 (yes,$179!!!!) among other good deals. It's worth a look if you're not doing the dining plan....... With our FL season pass, we also got the TIW card, so we don't do the dining plan anyway, so it's easy to do room only through Expedia. The only problem is calling in to make ADRs, Disney can NEVER find me in the system, and it takes forever to make ADRs.

Somebody asked about the break even point for season passes? I've figured it's about 5 days for us with the season passes. I'm not sure how much the annual passes are for non-FL residents, but I think quite a bit more. So probably about 8-10 days would be the break even? Just a guess.....

Karajeboo - how I do envy the FL residents - I'm from Chicago so this trip is quite pricey for me. Can't imagine how people can afford to do it as often as I see on this site.

The passes are a bit pricey the first time, then renewals are a bit less. But we are close enough that we can drive down for a day if we want to..... Usually though we spend one night, and we've been so fortunate with great rates. We go during off times, so the rates are less, and I really take advantage of any "deals" that Disney publishes, plus I always ask about other "secret" deals when I call in.

There is talk of my husband getting transferred out of state and I've already added my one stipulation for moving...... 2 trips a year to Disney (one week long family trip, and one long weekend). Jeff even agrees with this......

Has anyone ever shipped anything to the ship before you cruised? I'm thinking of shipping my FE gifts so I don't have to pack them. Can you even do that.

FE Participants - I still need email addresses from EEYORE77 and JWORKKUL - please send me a email at dthogue5@verizon.net.

Welcome to our new cruisers - if you are interested in joining our Fish Extender exchange please send me an email with the names of the adults in your cabin and the name and ages of the children in your cabin as well as your cabin number.

Thanks,
Tammy
:cheer2:

Hi everyone! :wave2:

This cruise sure has filled up! When we first booked this cruise, there was no thread yet, and now there are six pages!

I haven't been on the boards for a while, so I just found out this week about the Kids go free special. So we switched our cat.11 for a cat. 6 for less than 200$ more.

This will be our 4th cruise. There will be me, DBF, DS7 and DD5.

We don't know if we'll go on excursions since this will be our 3rd time in Nassau.

As for staying before or after the cruise, we'll see when are the cheapest flights first...

(To atm55: you can't post images or a ticker yet because you need to reach a certain number of posts before you can do so.)

Hello all sorry I have been missing for a while. :) Work has been crazy busy and I had to start working on the big trip that we are planning for 2011. That's right I said 2011! LOL!!! Me and my husband will be going on the first Alaska cruise with our friends from NJ. Anyway back to this cruise. I am so ready to get back on the Wonder again. Plus spending my 33rd Birthday on there will be a huge plus. We will be staying at AKL in the Club level rooms for DVC after the cruise so it is going to be a fabulous Birthday.

I sent my email today with my address for the FE exchange. I can't wait.

Eeyore77 - I just stayed club level at AKL in May - F A B U L O U S!!!!! Loved it!

We rented DVC points from a friend and stayed at AKL before our last cruise. It was so nice!

Hi everyone! :wave2:

This cruise sure has filled up! When we first booked this cruise, there was no thread yet, and now there are six pages!

I haven't been on the boards for a while, so I just found out this week about the Kids go free special. So we switched our cat.11 for a cat. 6 for less than 200$ more.

This will be our 4th cruise. There will be me, DBF, DS7 and DD5.

We don't know if we'll go on excursions since this will be our 3rd time in Nassau.

As for staying before or after the cruise, we'll see when are the cheapest flights first...

(To atm55: you can't post images or a ticker yet because you need to reach a certain number of posts before you can do so.)

Welcome!!
:grouphug:

Ohhhh - I would love to stay at AKL - one day !!!

Tammy

AKLis one of our home resorts and by far my favorite. I love it. I like all the DVC resorts but they definately the best overall...

I am having a brain freeze... They do have the Palo Brunch on the 4 day right?

After 7 cruises I should know the answer but I am drawing a complete blank.

This will be our first Disney cruise!! We are very excited and want to take full advantage of all the activities. Can you please add us to the FE list and explain the "rules" for me too, thanks!

Me 30

DH 35

DD 7

DS 4

AKLis one of our home resorts and by far my favorite. I love it. I like all the DVC resorts but they definately the best overall...

I am having a brain freeze... They do have the Palo Brunch on the 4 day right?

After 7 cruises I should know the answer but I am drawing a complete blank.

Yes they do have the brunch on the 4 day :woohoo:

This will be our first Disney cruise!! We are very excited and want to take full advantage of all the activities. Can you please add us to the FE list and explain the "rules" for me too, thanks!

Me 30

DH 35

DD 7

DS 4

Hello :flower3:

This is our famly's first Disney cruise too :cool1: The FE (fish extender) is basicely pockets that you hang from a (decorative)fish thats just outside your stateroom door. You can either make it or buy one, you can have a pocket per person in your stateroom on your FE. Then people in your FE group fill your pockets with surprises. If you look around you should be able to find out more about making one or where to buy one if your not the sewing type.(E Bay) Have fun planning:)

Me 30

DH 35

DD 7

DS 4

Welcome to our group - I will gladly add you to our FE exchange. Please email me the names of the adults in your cabin and the names and ages of the children in your cabin as well as your cabin number. My email address is dthogue5@verizon.net.

Dawn explained the holder part - as far as the gifts go - you will receive a list of all the people who are participating (names of adults, names and ages for the kids) and you decide what you want to give. You can give whatever you want - if you search the Cruise Board you will be able to get some ideas of what others give. Just ask if you have any questions.

Tammy

Tammy

Welcome to all of the new DCL cruisers. You will love DCL. It is an amazing cruise. My husband and I have been on 7 total and we have 4 more including this one planned in the next 2 years. WOW we really are obsessed.:rotfl:

OK where is everybody? LOL... This weekend has been really busy on my end. I guess that is where everyone else is to.

5months from today

I've been busy making FE gifts, beginning autograph books, and travel journals. Going through ALOT of ink, but it's all worth it. I can't wait to post a picture of my gifts so the DISigners can see what their images turned out to be.:)

I've been busy making FE gifts, beginning autograph books, and travel journals. Going through ALOT of ink, but it's all worth it. I can't wait to post a picture of my gifts so the DISigners can see what their images turned out to be.:)

Wow you have already started your FE Gifts? I am impressed. I probably won't even stsrt mine till a week before the cruise. I am such a last minute planner. LOL...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter