Feb 25, 2007-wonder

Hi Lella! Welcome! We have cruised before but this is our 1st Disney cruise also:goodvibes .

I have already made my door signs. I used posters (thanks walmart :thumbsup2 ) to do mine. I know the cruise is still like 4 mths away. But, I think I have COVPD - compulsive obsessive vacation planning disorder! :Pinkbounc :lmao:

stinkerbell, we looked into staying at shades of green but those suites were unreal prices. Dont they know us military pep cant afford to pay that? LOL...Anyway, there are 5 in our family plus my Mom will be with us so we HAD to get either 2 rooms or a suite. I booked with dreamsunlimited for a nice suite. We plan on staying there the night before the cruise and a few days after the cruise. UNLESS, I find another suite at a good deal in the Disney area.

Let me know if you all come across any good deals on suites (6 pep)- please.

You all have a GREAT WEEKEND _ ITS FRIDAY :sunny:

Yeah...the price of the suites kinda took me back. :scared1: It would be nice, but I'll stick with the standard since there's only 4 of us. I was shocked that it was actually 80 square feet more than the hotel we're staying in on the Land portion (POFQ). Kinda makes me wish I had booked the land and sea seperate. :) Oh well, next time...and there will be a next time! LOL :rotfl:

Hi everyone,

Well another Monday :rolleyes: but another week closer to the cruise. :Pinkbounc

Are any of you guys dressing up for pirate night? My 2 youngest ones are dressing up but the oldest said "I am wearing my pirates of carribean tshirt and thats it). I completly understand - he will be 14 :smooth: Mr cool (LOL he thinks).
Anyway, I plan on wearing a pirate tshirt but DH is dressing up a little (not the whole jack sparrow thing). ;)

Hope you guys have a great week! We are having terrific weather here on the North western KY/TN line! :sunny:

I actually talked the whole family into dressing up, so I hope there's alot of people. I think it'll be fun.

The weather here is nice as well, but we're not outside to enjoy it. DS is home sick from school today, so it's snuggling on the couch for us.

Have a great day everyone!

I just got my Travel kit in the mail with all the important dates on it (Final Payment, Reservation dates, and of course the Vacation dates!). Yippee!! I know they aren't the travel documents or passports (which apparently we don't need anymore, but are good to have anyway....I guess...since I already bought them...LOL) but it still makes it seem a bit closer. :)

YEAH!

So who sent it to you the travel agent or Disney? All I have gotten is the email from the TA. Would love to get something in the mail - I would be so excited :goodvibes

As far as the passports - Im kinda :furious: over that! WE spent so much money that could have been for extras. Plus, I had the worst time getting them processed (thats a whole differnet thread). It was horriable! Wish I would have known they were going to change needing them!

:stir: > me on the passport issue! LOL

Yeah, I'm kind of upset over it too, because it was a bit of a hassle for us too (not as much as yours..I read about that..whew!) and that was almost 400 bucks we could have spent on something else, but seeing as how they are already paid for.....grrr...I'll just have to talk hubby into using them again somewhere else...hehe...gotta get the money's worth.

The kit was sent from Disney. I thought it was the dvd, because I had ordered that for the kids to watch (they are going crazy over the WDW one), so I was surprised when I opened it. It's nothing too special, heck I feel like a know it all from reading these boards and all the experiences of the people on the DIS so nothing in the kit is news, but it's just one more thing that makes it seem "real"...LOL

:) Happy Tuesday everybody!

Yay! It's Friday! Anyone have any plans? I'm just going to relax around the house and hopefully sleep in. That of course, is up to the kids. My son is such an early riser!

Does anyone do the pin trading? I bought my daughter a few on ebay, mainly to trade with the cm's at the parks, but then I heard that they do that on the cruise as well. Should be fun. My son is a bit young, so I don't think he'll be interested.

Ok Disney where is my packet? :rolleyes1

My kids love the trading pins. I have looked at the navigators before and saw that they have pin trading some nights for like 30 min or an hour. I think it was around 7ish...maybe not a good time? Maybe hard for the kids to make it then. :confused3 Anyway, if they miss it, they can always do at WDW!

Have a great holiday weekend! We have the post wide yard sale tomorrow so MAYBE I can make a few extra $ for this vacation ;)

:wave2:
Hello to you all!! I've been waiting for a few months now to find some fellow cruisers. So glad to "meet" you all.
DH and I will be with DS 16 and DD 13 and Gramma for our first cruise ever and are very excited and busy buying a bunch of summer things.
One thing however is that our teens don't know about the "sea" part of our land/sea vacation! They think they'll be at Disney parks for a week (as we did in 2002).
I'm happy to learn that there will be other teens on board for them to meet. Wish they could meet on a thread beforehand but i so want to give them the surprise of a lifetime. :bounce: :bounce:

:) Welcome! I wish I had the willpower to keep it from my little ones...hehe. We're doing a land/sea package too (with a couple additional days at the park after the cruise).

Yey! It'll be so nice "knowing" a couple people on our first cruise!

Hi guys, I am so excited about this trip. Our 2 year old loves Disney World and I can't wait to show him this huge ship!

Tell me about these door signs? I remember seeing a couple of them the last cruise, but I have no recollection about what was on them. I wasn't very crafty then, but that may be a fun project for me to do to pass time until the cruise! What do people put on them?

Welcome Nancass and needabreaknow!

Stickerbell and goiu got a little packet in the mail the other day from DCL! They say its not much but just a little pick me up to get you more in the mood! If that is possiable!

Nancass congrats on your will power to keep a cruise a secret from your teens! I have a 13 yr old (soon the be 14) that is so dieing for a cruise pen pal..so if you happen to let it out, maybe the teens can start chatting.

As far as door signs, you can go wherever your imagion takes you! It can be simple like mine (used posters) or can be something you create on your pc and print out! Do a search on door signs and it will give you many pages of info! EDITED TO ADD: as soon as I typed this, someone had bumped up the door sign post to first page..c

Hi guys! Well, I had a little extra time before AWANAS tonight (can u tell- 3rd post in a row- :surfweb: ) anyway, I thought I would start a list so we can keep track of whos going and the ages of the kidos!

If I leave anyone out or have the wrong info just let me know!

1. DVCconvert (no longer on this cruise :guilty: )

2. goiu
DH

3. texasjld64
DD 16
DD 14

4. becca_n_wa
becca_n_wa's Mom
DH
DS 14
DS 9
DD will turn 6 on Feb 26th!

5. cfo423
DH
DD and friend 12
DS 5

6. stinkerbell & Co
DH
DD 8
DS 3

7. Lella
DH
MIL
DD 3
DS 11mths

8. Nancass
DH
grandma
DS 16
DD 13

9. Needabreaknow
DH
DS 2

10. redoak761
DW
DS 4
DD 3

11. RSKE4wonder
DH
DD 8
DS 5
friend's DS 5

12. Minniel
DH
DS 17
DD 13
DS 11

that's a good idea, it's handy to see it like that and get an idea how many pals the kids might have. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter