Feb. 21, 2004 Eastern Cruise

I am sending lots of feel good wishes for everyone, and I know that the pixie dust that everyone sent me (as well as the antibiotics) are really helping, I am feeling a lot better this morning, yeah, I do see a cruise in my near future......

Christy and Gina, I hope that you both feel better.
For all the over packer, as long as you can carry it don't worry about it.

See you all very soon.....

Hello all,

I have almost all of my clothes laid out. My DW has all the kids stuff laid out. Now my wife must start her clothes. We have packed a lot less than last cruise. Less dress pants for me and the boys(hope they don't spill much), more swimsuits!::yes::

We are looking at leaving the house between 5:15 and 5:30 Fri. am but should be in Orlando by 11:15 so will have all day to play.

Hope everyone feels better and we'll see you soon.

woody

Boy, something must be going around! My husband also has a cold/allergies! He is all stuffed up, he can hardly breathe and his eyes burn. He went to bed tonight at 9:00 pm after taking Benadryl. I hope he gets over it quickly! We have a lot to do this week!

I am in complete packing mode now. As soon as I think of something else we need to bring with us, I go and get it. If I don't do it now, I am afraid I will forget it when I switch into panic mode (probably Thursday night)!!:scared1:

Gina, I am sorry to hear about your TMJ and hope you can get a good night's sleep soon. I think I will have problems sleeping this week too because of all the last minute things that will be swirling around in my brain!

Take care,
Gayl

Hi All--

Well last night I tried to elimnate a suitcase but it just didn't work. I even sealed all of our clothes in those vaccum bags. How could that be? I did manage to eliminate 1 outfit. Contimplating trying again tonight. Depends on how the Dr. appointment goes today. I am SO afraid he is going to want to shot my shoulder and/or elbow with cortisone. I have to cut DH hair tonight so I have to be able to function. Just last minute items to pack and nothing I can't do without if I forget, like new shoelaces for my sneakers.

It's almost here!! I drove through the airport terminal again this AM. It is only 2 minutes from work and it is an easy drive-thru. I love Manchester Airport!

Christy -- Good luck at your doctor's appointment!! And don't worry about the suitcases... I tried to eliminate stuff too, and I managed one paperback book. :rolleyes: I'm used to being a pack mule -- I'd rather have what I want with me, than say "I wish I had brought..." Packing light is for backpacking across the Himalayans or something. :teeth:

-gina-

Gina,

No wonder you are packed so early. You just pack everything.;)

We will probably pack Thurs. night. We have a lot of it laid out but won't actually put it in suitcases until later Thurs.

It looks like rain here on Fri. so hope it is not to bumpy leaving.

Christy good luck and everyone stay/get healthy.

woody

I believe that if you might want it, then take it. They say a cruise is the best place to do it because you don't end up carrying your luggage that much.

A question for you cruise gurus. Will there be room on the door or wall in the bathroom for those 3M temporary hooks. I don't want to do the over the door shoe thing. We all have our own small bathroom bags and I'd like to just hang them on the back of the door or a wall in the bathroom?

Thanks,

Judy (off to buy sandals)

Hi Judy ~

I think there is room for hooks like that... but there is also a wonderful corner shelving unit in the bathroom with (I think) 4 small shelves and little rails to keep stuff from falling off. That's where I put my makeup bags and stuff like that. But the hooks should work fine too!

Tyler Dean finally lost one of his two front teeth yesterday!! He looks so cute. :teeth: Both of them have just been hanging there... I've been trying to convince him to get them OUT so he won't have to be so careful eating while he's on the ship.

Of course, the whole episode about gave me a heart attack... my cell phone rang while I was here at work, and I saw his daycare number on the caller i.d. My first thought was, "OMG, we leave in 4 days and they're going to tell me he's throwing up or something..." *panic* Luckily it was just the tooth thing. :)

Our weather for both Friday at Port Canaveral and sailaway for Saturday is looking NICE! Woo hoo!! :hyper:

-gina-

Some possibly good news about docking in St. Thomas. Looking at the schedule there will only be 5 ships in port on this day. They only have 2 listed at WICO with the Magic at Inner Anchorage. I know 3 can dock at WICO so maybe they book outer and hope there is room when the time comes.

Just a thought.

woody

Hi All-

Back and no shots! Have to go for nerve tests when I get back. Thanks for your prayers and/or pixie dust. Gina- no that Tyler only has the one left he will start playing with it with his tounge and wiggling it. It will be out before long! I remember those 'daycare calls'. Even with Tim being 18 I still worry (maybe more).

Woody- I am not understanding the St. Thomas thing. Can you help me?

Christy,

Congratulations on not needing any shots! You must be relieved!

Gina,

It may be easier to recognize you on Saturday at the port. We will look for a grinning boy missing a front tooth. Tyler Dean is bound to be smiling while he is waiting to board the ship!

Woody,

If the Magic is at Inner Anchorage, I assume that means that we have to tender in to shore? Is this a bad thing? Will it delay us getting to our Trunk Bay excursion? Does it mean that the Magic will have a good position on the webcam in St. Thomas? I want my friends at work to look at us on that webcam while we are there!

Gayl

Sorry for the confusion.:confused:

According to the Cruise Ship Schedule we are scheduled for the Inner Anchorage. This means yes we must tender. Tendering means you get on(or possibly wait for) a little boat to take you ashore. At WICO you are next to Havensight Mall and can just walk off/on the ship as you please. It is much easier to be able to walk off/on rather than wait for a tender but a tender takes you to downtown. From WICO you have to take a cab(inexpensive and easy to catch) to get downtown.

As far as the excursion I don't know what this means. They might pick us up at the ship if we tender but I don't know.

woody

As long as it is a DCL-run excursion, they will provide transportation should it be needed. :)

No go PACK, before you give me an ulcer!! "Stuff laid out"... sheesh!! I bet the boys have their Yu-gi-oh cards packed already. :)

-gina-

Gina

Woody has had his 'stuff laid out' since what? Sunday? I would think it would easier packing than sleeping standing up! (Since he said the stuff was laid out on the bed). :)

Sounds to me that tendering would be better since I heard town is a bit of a hike in St. Thomas. Since the excursions meet onboard the ship I am sure the tender takes you where you need to be. We tendered on our DCL cruise to Grand Caymen it wasn't bad at all and we went back and forth a few times.

Christy,

Do you realize that your countdown clock is down to ONE day? Wow! You are so lucky!

I've been reading some interesting threads on the big board about docking in St. Thomas and the best day to make Palo reservations. I know, I know...I should be working. But for some reason, I can't keep my mind on my work these days! :p

Back to work!

Gayl

Gayl-

I am not as excited right now as I was last week. I know - beat me with a wet noodle! I think it is the calm before the storm along with the not feeling well. I am all packed but almost forgot my bras!! We leave for the airport at 7am on Thirsday and that is what I am set for. The wether is supposed to be good for the flight and okay here at home while we are gone. I was worried about my mom, since we have the driveway from @!#$ when it is icy. I think we will try to go to Palo on Wednesday at 6 ish or Friday. I can't decide when to have the Spa treatment though but am looking forward to the rainforest.

I feel the same way, I was so exited last week, and this week not as much, we are leaving at 4:30 a.m. on Thursday, only 1 more day at work after today.
I can't say that I am very productive;)

Yes, productivity is lacking at this point here also.

I do not sleep standing up, I sleep on the clothes so they may be a bit wrinkled but I swear it was from being in a suitcase. Actually they are on the guest bed.:teeth:

We are maybe expecting rain on Fri. so hope for a smooth flight as last year coming home hit tstorms in GA and bounced the ice out of Cam's cup. Not a relaxing way to finish a great vacation.

I have checked several weather sites and weather looks good for Fri. & Sat. Sunny and 70's.

St. Maarten was sunny and mid 80's as was St. Thomas so hopefully we'll have a great weather week.

Off to go and not be productive,

woody

How long is the "tender" ride?

Woody- send us rain from chicago on Fri- we'll take rain over snow on Saturday!
Amy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter