Fears about the Hollywood Studios announcement

RSR is a Test Track clone.

There are several Omnimover-based attractions (Haunted Mansion, Buzz Lightyear, and Little Mermaid, to name 3), but no one goes around saying "Buzz Lightyear is just a clone of Haunted Mansion". You can use the same ride system, but for very different rides. It's not necessary to re-invent the basic ride system every time for each new ride. In fact, it would be ridiculous to do so. Upgrades, yes. New tech, yes. Totally new and unique ride system? No.

I highly doubt we'll get any carbon copies of the Cars stuff from DCA. RSR is a Test Track clone. You don't want two of the exact same ride with different skins within the same property, plus I'm sure Disney wants Cars Land to stay unique to the West Coast.

I honestly have no idea what will be announced but I agree with a PP. As a local, I want things to come quickly. Not without sacrificing quality, but at least as fast as Universal's been churning things out.

They already had this and in the same two parks, Star Tours and Body Wars were the exact same ride system.

There are several Omnimover-based attractions (Haunted Mansion, Buzz Lightyear, and Little Mermaid, to name 3), but no one goes around saying "Buzz Lightyear is just a clone of Haunted Mansion".

Except for my husband...he endures riding all of those rides that "are exactly the same ride over and over again" and I endure TOT 4x in a row with him. :eek:

I'm fairly convinced we won't even learn DHS's new name, let alone any improvements that are coming. Shanghai and Avatar are the park elements Disney has to sell at the moment, not some far-off view of a new DHS.

I hate that oft-repeated sentiment. Have your ridden RSR? RSR is as much a TT clone as Pirates of the Carribean is an It's A Small World clone.

That said, I would rather something else than RSR come to DHS.

I was literally at Disneyland/DCA two weeks ago. Say what you want. The ride systems and cars are the same. And again, I'd put money on management not wanting Cars Land at DHS. You need unique draws on both coasts.

They already had this and in the same two parks, Star Tours and Body Wars were the exact same ride system.

And now one of them is gone and the other is a different, upgraded system.

Like some other PPs, my biggest fear is that they are not going to tell us anything of any value about DHS. Avatar "news" is zzzzzzz (is there a snoring smilie?) in my book, and I'm never going to Shanghai.

Whatever they do is also going to take forever.

Man, I don't really mean to be such a downer! So - where is the best place to watch for news on all this?

I think we're going to learn about the Star Wars expansion. They'd be crazy if they don't. Also, I think this is some proof:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...e-to-the-disney-dream-store-at-d23-expo-2015/
From Disney Parks Blog article about D23 merch:
"On August 15, look for a very special release taking place only at the Disney Dream Store. What is it? They have been ‘forcing’ me to tell you, but I can’t, I can simply state, it’s out of this world."

Obviously a reference to Star Wars, and that is the same day as the Parks panel. I'm thinking maybe some crazy introductory announcement merch. It is the Disney PARKS Blog after all. Plus, why would they hold off on showing Star Wars merch unless it involved the new expansion?

I think we're going to learn about the Star Wars expansion. They'd be crazy if they don't. Also, I think this is some proof:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...e-to-the-disney-dream-store-at-d23-expo-2015/
"On August 15, look for a very special release taking place only at the Disney Dream Store. What is it? They have been ‘forcing’ me to tell you, but I can’t, I can simply state, it’s out of this world."

Obviously a reference to Star Wars, and that is the same day as the Parks panel. I'm thinking maybe some crazy introductory announcement merch. It is the Disney PARKS Blog after all. Plus, why would they hold off on showing Star Wars merch unless it involved the new expansion?
Well it could be just a Disneyland announcement.

100% agree about nothing feeling original anymore - Disney seem to be getting lazier with introducing rides from other parks. However I do think Radiator Springs could be an amazing addition to Hollywood Studios at WDW. Just love that ride :love:

Losing The Muppets would be very sad... The show is getting old but I feel it would be very much missed if it disappeared. I like the idea of a Muppets dining spot! :tongue:

I wonder if Figment would make a good Muppet. :idea:

Whatever happens, I hope that we hear a little bit about the plans this weekend. Even just hints of what's to come could be fun not to mention provide a lot to talk about on this forum. ;)

I would like to point out at 2013s D23, Disney got out ahead of itself and said before the convention even started that there would be no big announcements at parks and resorts. SO far, they have not made that same statement for this year. I still think you'll see something big coming.

No one will be completely happy with it. Some will be unhappy with what gets closed. Some will want "more" regardless of how massive it is.

But face it, the park is a mess. A major overhaul can be nothing but a good thing, regardless of what favorite attraction gets closed.

It depends on who decides what a "good thing" is?

You know what I have noticed?

That they are now selling multi day tickets with a comparatively small discount off the day rate... And they are selling upsell events like wildfire...and they are selling points on $2,000 a night timeshare units with one cleaning every 7 days...

And they're still selling it.
Nobody seems to notice.

So with those things granted...a good thing for the Street is to invest not a dime and watch the greenbacks roll on down to Dixie.

It really is a matter of perspective...is it not?

Perspective is an art form.

The other thing I've "noticed" is that this Disney Star Trek convention is portrayed as the "annual big announcement day"

Where does that come from? An emergency redo of DCA announcement... Details over 3 years on that...and the unveiling of a "grand new" fantasyland in Florida that...and this is just me...looks like old hat after a few years worth of visits...

Where are all these other big announcements? Have I forgotten?

No seriously...I may have...?!?!

They're going to announce the official roll-out of the "Force Awakens" merch, with a release date of Sept. 4. It's also the same day as the live-action panel, it has nothing to do with the parks.

I expect we will get an announcement of more "cloned" rides (AKA as "we can add more Midway Mania lines for you") and Star Wars Meet and Greet with a gift shop.

Then the week after the event they will close something else to make room for the Meet and Greet.

Does anyone know historically whats the spacing between an announcement and ground breaking on projects at Disney Parks? I feel like the closure of the back lot tour was so they could start clearing out the Props and Costume buildings. Would they start taking those down without a press release? I also wonder about the LMA training yard that is next to these buildings.

Does anyone know historically whats the spacing between an announcement and ground breaking on projects at Disney Parks? I feel like the closure of the back lot tour was so they could start clearing out the Props and Costume buildings. Would they start taking those down without a press release? I also wonder about the LMA training yard that is next to these buildings.
Well they closed down the backlot for the original plans. Those original plans got scrapped and never green lit. The backlot tour actually still has a very good amount of the props and stuff there. There really is no set spacing between announcement and ground breaking because look at Avatar (announced way too early) in 2011 ground broke January 2014.

I'm more so scared for what's staying. I'm already devastated hearing rumors about One Man's Dream and if Muppets closes that would be a huge blow to me as well.

I am concerned about the announcements as well, with your same concerns as to how much is dedicated to Star Wars and Pixar. It's not that we won't get amazing rides out of those two, but Disney also has so much else to offer. I would love a Wreck-It Ralph ride as well as that Tron coaster Shanghai is getting. But only time will tell
add me to the Tron envy...I would be thrilled if even 1 more Star Wars attraction and Tron were added. I was hoping for a Cantina themed CS , basically making over Backlot Express , basically the easiest and cheapest update lol

I'm tired of the Muppets show but losing them would be a big blow. I hope that they will keep them around but now I'm worried too.
Perhaps the new show will revive it a little. I love the Muppets and love the ride...it would be a quick new attraction if they kept everything but changed the show. I'm hoping they keep it!!

I'm fine with cloning. I'm not getting to Disneyland anytime soon and if it creates an enjoyable ride experience why not Soar over Pandora. Universal does a lot of cloning Spiderman is to Transformers is to Harry Potter...

I want that Tron rollercoaster...It looks hot, let's clone that.

I'm fine with cloning. I'm not getting to Disneyland anytime soon and if it creates an enjoyable ride experience why not Soar over Pandora. Universal does a lot of cloning Spiderman is to Transformers is to Harry Potter...

I want that Tron rollercoaster...It looks hot, let's clone that.
That would be great. I want the Indy ride too.

I would only say that Harry Potter isn't like Spiderman and Transformers. I mean it is sorta but not really. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter