FE for kids help!!!

carmie3377

Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.
Okay, so I'm a little late in getting this worked out but I still plan on doing activity type books for our cruise in just a week and a half. DD and I have prepared all kinds of activity worksheets (crosswords, word searches, mazes, ect) for our cruise that are all Disney theme or geared towards our particular itinerary. Plus, we found some cute coloring sheets to add in. My idea was mostly coloring for younger kids, color/activity/journaling for tween kids, and mostly journaling with a few activities for the teens. But I just don't know what age will really enjoy this. I really don't think older boys would enjoy so I was thinking snacks of some sort, but what age do I draw the line?

So, this is where I need help. If you could please tell me your child(ren) ages, what gender, and which of the following they would enjoy:
coloring
activities
journaling

That way I can get an idea of what the kids on our cruise will enjoy. We have over 60 kids on the FE exchange ranging in ages of 1 to 18. They will be personalized and I think they are really cute (did one as a sample).

THANKS!!!!

Go to the after Christmas sales tomorrow and get some candy/snacks. That way, anyone who doesn't enjoy what you have planned in terms of coloring, activities, and journaling will appreciate the munchies. I'd probably go "little kids 0-8 middle 9-12, teen 13-18, There will always be kids who won't fit neatly into the groups, and you might want to make the middle start at 8 ish, but....it is the thought that counts.

It sounds like you put a lot of work into this!

When I do my FE gifts I generally break them into groups of girls/boys and ages of 0-3, 4-7, 8-12 and 13+.

My DD6 loves coloring and game books.
My DS9 hates all
My DD10 loves game books & journalling but not coloring
My DD12 loves journaling but nothing else-rather have snacks or candy type things.

My DS4 loves to color, especially Mickey Mouse, Buzz Lightyear and super heroes. He also likes the type of activity pages where you have to hunt for hidden pictures.

My DS7 prefers mazes, word searches and games pages that have things like Tic Tac Toe and Corn Field. He likes to color if it's pictures of super heroes or Star Wars!

My DS's 8 and 6 both would like an activity sheet the best. DD3 would love anything to draw on or color. Unfortunately, DS6 would feel very left out if it was candy unless it was one of the few kinds he can have with his nut allergies. Maybe if you go the candy route you can check to see if there are any diabetics or kids with allergies in the group first...

nice of you to be so thoughtful!

We are doing the same type of thing and I believe we are on the same cruise. I broke it into age groups - all disney themed
0-3 easy coloring
4-9 more involved coloring, easy mazes
10-13 little bit of coloring, mazes, word searches
14-18 word searches
adults trivia

my 3 year old son and 9 year old daughter love to color, my 6 year old son likes mazes, the 10 and 12 year old like word searches, but that's just my kids. I find girls like coloring for a longer period of time than boys, but it could just be my experience.

Some kids will like it more than others. I also have goodie bags that are age appropriate. Very little for teens. No food first go around, but probably will when we go back around with trivia answers.

We will like it regardless of what you do. I clearly agree with the idea to give the kids something to keep them busy especially on such a long cruise. Maybe we should coordinate when we deliver. I was going to do early because we're including a personalized envelope for papers and such, but we don't have to.

check the $1 bins at the enterance of Target. They have all kinds of Disney stuff for all ages.

On the Castaway section on the DCL site you can print out pics to color of the different characters and print them out on your printer for free. You could probably make a small book out of those. I had seen small packs of crayons in the birthday section at Target. Our dollar store also has a lot of things too like the theater candy which is greatly apperciated for the shows. Tweens love lip gloss and nail polish. We got some that a cruiser made stickers for. We made earrings and bracelets for some of our fellow cruisers. Materials for those can be found at Michaels.

Thanks everyone. I guess it will be hard make sure all everyone likes it all when I'm dealing with that many people but now I have general idea of what ages like what.

I was going to do early because we're including a personalized envelope for papers and such, but we don't have to.

I was hoping to get around to it early so the kids that want to journal can while it's fresh on their mind. I think it's okay if we both get to early. It will give them more to choose from I guess :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter