Favorite Marathon Signs/Sayings You've Seen?

I saw one at the Shamrock Half this weekend - "I am never signing up for another ra...hey, look, a race!" with a picture of Dory. If I hadn't been in a groove at the time, I'd have stopped for a picture.

I saw one at the Shamrock Half this weekend - "I am never signing up for another ra...hey, look, a race!" with a picture of Dory. If I hadn't been in a groove at the time, I'd have stopped for a picture.
did you get to ring the bell at the end. I missed that sign.

No, but I knew I wasn't going to this race. In November I ran Avengers with a good friend who was mid-chemo as a motivational run for her. Shamrock was the end of chemo celebration for her and our only goal was to beat our November time. We did, finishing in 2:20 instead of 2:45. Not bad for 45 days after her last treatment! And yes, we were planning our next race while we were running that one :sunny:

The sign was right as you turned into Fort Story from Shore Drive.

At the 2013 Disneyland Half I saw two signs I enjoyed. The first was a picture of a husky with the caption "So you ran a marathon, How heavy was your sled?" The second was towards the end of the race and said "$175 for a half marathon, only $37.50 to go."

The second is one of the few signs that I've remembered years later..

The oddest ones are the info fact ones on the wdw races from reedy creek about the # of AEDs on property and other 'fun facts'..

I'm a big Doctor Who fan. So for the wdw full and dopey, my DW was on ChEar squad. In MK before the turn to Tomorrowland she made a sign that read "Run you clever boy, Run...." and drew a Tardis. That made me smile.

At the Rock n Roll Dallas Half this past Sunday right at mile 13 with the finish line in sight was a woman holding a sign that said "Keep Going, Keep Going........That's what she said"

Best from TOT last year - "You run better than the government."

I laughed for way too long at that one.
Saw that one at the Army Ten Miler and Marine Corps Marathon the year the government shutdown nearly shutdown both races. Funny and painful all at once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter