Favorite Marathon Signs/Sayings You've Seen?

Keels

The Official Keels of RunDisney
My BFF's husband (and good friend of mine) is running the Cowtown Marathon this weekend!

We plan to follow him along the course - while we've already got some signs specific to him (and the requisite Head cutouts), I want to make a couple of generic signs to cheer on the racers while we wait for him.

What are some of the best signs you've seen during your races - or signs that got you charged up as you ran?

Thanks!

chuck norris.jpg marathon end.jpg

Saw the Chuck Norris sign at the beginning of my first marathon. Loved it.

Others that seem to be at every marathon:
"Worst parade ever"
"Run like you stole something"
"Go Random Stranger"

Love it!! I also found one on Google - it's got a star that says "Touch Here For Full Energy!", like from a video game.

"Someday you will fail - today is not that day"
"You have stamina - call me"
"Bye Felicia!"

:teeth:

I am not sure why this has stuck in my head from my first marathon "Run Faster! The Zombies are doing 13s"

It's not funny, but toward the end I like:

Relentless.
Forward.
Motion.

and it has to be on 3 separate lines, like 3 separate phrases. I guess this is because at this point, I don't have enough breathe to say it all at once.

rfm_zps1ftyn4ct.jpg

Can I offer 2?

My first marathon was in Detroit and there is a short but steep hill leading from the river to the main city streets right around mile 25. It was a killer for me. Somebody had a sign that read "I don't know you but I've never been more proud of you." It sure helped motivate me up that hill and still gives me chills to this day.

The other was related to the Chuck Norris sign and read "Chuck Norris counted to infinity....twice....but never ran a marathon." (The concept of counting to infinity twice is hilarious to a dork like me!)

I LOVE when people hold up "I'm so proud of you" signs. I tear up every time.

I also like "It's hard to beat a person who never gives up" and "Hurry Up So We Can Drink!"

I've held up signs that said "You've Done Dumber Things When You Were Drunk" and for WDW races "Worst. Parade. Ever"

I saw a modified "Worst Parade Ever" at SW last month: "Worst Parade Ever. This choreography is terrible."

Also, not a sign, but something I heard someone saying that SHOULD be on a sign, "I don't see no balloon ladies!"

Love it!! I also found one on Google - it's got a star that says "Touch Here For Full Energy!", like from a video game.

Just be prepared for tired people to hit it without knowing how hard they are hitting it.

I LOVE when people hold up "I'm so proud of you" signs. I tear up every time.

agreed.

I saw one this weekend that was "Run like Kanye is about to give your medal to Beyoncé"

Ha!

If a marathon was easy, it would be called your mother

Funny. Alas, saw it at Disney in January. So not appropriate there. Yikes.

I like the "run faster, my arms are getting tired" sign when held above the head. But it has to be above the person's head, or the arms being tired makes no sense.

If a marathon was easy, it would be called your mother
Funny. Alas, saw it at Disney in January. So not appropriate there. Yikes.

I kind of didn't like that one during the Disney Marathon. First time I saw it it was kinda, sorta funny in an inappropriate way... sorta... But really not good for a family event like a Disney race. Plus after the 2-3rd time I saw it, with the emotional/hormonal rollercoaster marathons are, it wasn't really funny at all.

My favorite's still a version of: "I trained hard for x months to hold up this sign!" being held up by an someone sitting in a chair, maybe even drinking a lemonade. :-)

I did love the "Worst Parade Ever" signs. :-)

DD 6 held "my brother ran 26.2 today- what did yours do?"

We always bring "I'm proud of you"

And simply "Believe"

I saw this at PHM last weekend: "If Britney can get through 2007, you can get through this" with a photo of her with a shaved head taking an umbrella to a car.

I also thought the "Candy from a stranger!" was funny with the container of individually wrapped twizzlers that was close to the Epcot entrance. Actually, some of the best signs I saw that day were from that same spot!

What a good idea for a thread!

DD 6 held "my brother ran 26.2 today- what did yours do?"

But aren't the people seeing that sign also running the marathon?

I liked the "beer ahead" sign during the WDW Half this year, but then...there was no beer, or no beer that I saw. I think that was just a communication problem with the first sign and where the beer should have been. And it might have been a fellow dis'er with that setup, so I wasn't too annoyed. Not sure I could drink a beer at that point, though it likely wouldn't have hurt me anymore than I was already hurting LOL.

At the 2013 Disneyland Half I saw two signs I enjoyed. The first was a picture of a husky with the caption "So you ran a marathon, How heavy was your sled?" The second was towards the end of the race and said "$175 for a half marathon, only $37.50 to go."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter