Favorite Airlines

cari12

DIS Veteran
We are starting to plan our Oct 2012 trip to DLR and we are from Vancouver, BC but we are going to fly out of Seattle (half the price for flights). There are some great deals but I am wondering are some airlines preferred over others? Are there certain ones to avoid? This is the list I am looking at:

American Airlines
Virgin America
Delta
UNITED
US Airways
Continental
Alaska Airlines

I like Jet Blue.

I like anyother which has planes in good shape with modern intertiors. Is on time. Doesn't loose my baggage. No other airline has been consistent with all three.

We fly Alaska. We have their card so we use the companion tickets and flights are very reasonable for us. Plus they run specials and fly into SNA. We only ever fly into SNA. They haven't lost our baggage or been late for us.

We like Southwest. Usually ontime and always great staff. When comparing prices note that SW does not charge for the 1st two checked bags. I also like them because I can cancel a flight and get 100% credit towards another flight within 1 year...hence no change fees.

We fly Jet Blue and we love it. It's awesome if you're travelling with kids because of the individual TVs in every headrest. Occupies the adults and the kids :thumbsup2

I am from Victoria and we like to fly out of Vancouver. We have flown from Seattle, but it takes us even longer to get there. I have found some very good rates out of Vancouver on Alaska - almost as cheap as flying out of Seattle. We usually fly Alaska, but Westjet has flights from Vancouver to SNA as well. I think there is a seat sale right now on Westjet and Air Canada.

I have flown on Alaska from Seattle to Long Beach Airport. It is a small airport, but closer to DL than LAX.

We will be flying Alaska for the third year in a row this February. Our connecting flight is through Seattle. If you keep a close eye on them, their prices can sometimes rival the low-cost airlines. Plus, they fly into SNA, a must have for us. :thumbsup2

But if checking a bag is important to you, then they may not be the best option.

I definitely agree with the Jet Blue comments, they are just as great as Virgin, but I didn't see that on your list. If it's an option, I'd take it!

My favorite is Continental, but that is going to change when the go United, and I will probably fly SW who I also love!

Jet Blue to LGB... hands down the best airline to fly on the west coast (we take them from PDX)... free good snacks, and lots of them... really nice people... LGB is a dream compared to LAX, and usually I can get out PDX-LGB tix for $59 or $79 each way per person. Can't beat it.

We fly Alaska out of SeaTac. They have the most options going from Seattle to SoCal. We fly into either Long Beach or Orange Couny airport. Both are good airports. I avoid having to fly into LAX at all costs.

It also looks like Jet Blue flies into Long Beach for decent rates and has several flights a day.

Also consider transportation once you get there. Super shuttle, cab or rental car gives you options. But Disneyland express only goes from LAX or SNA. (Part of the reason we fly into SNA... otherwise we would be lugging carseats)

I booked through Expedia for my flights from Vancouver...Air Canada down to DL and Alaska back ($325 for Feb).

I flew from Seattle to WDW in 2009 with Alaska and had no problems.

I flew from Vancouver to WDW 2011 with United and the damaged my bags!! :scared1: Thankfully I was able to get them fixed for free (through Bently where I bought them). I would only fly United if I had to.

West Jets sets are a little small (flew Abbotsford to Calgary) so I don't recommend them either.

For me, its timing. I wanted to spend as much time in DL as I could so I got an mid morning flight down and an evening one back.

It's a short flight (around 3hrs) so I would go with what works best for your timing/budget.

I've flown Westjet twice to DL, and I love flying into John Wayne airport. It's alot closer to DL, and is very easy to navigate, and seems cleaner and brighter to me. I've never had a problem flying with them, and would highly recommend them for flying. I found that the one time I flew into LAX I wasn't all that impressed, so when I had an opportunity to fly into John Wayne (SNA) I decided to give it a try, and have no regrets doing so. So my first choice would be to fly into SNA, and if you can't get a good price, then fly into LAX. To give perspective, LAX is around an hr to drive to versus SNA, which is a 30 min drive. Worth a thought.

I despise United. They are so horrible. Always so sour and surly. Planes are dirty. Blech. They are not on your list, but I love Frontier. We have had only great experiences with them - nice people, warm chocolate chip cookie, cute animal on the tail, DirecTV, call center in the US (!). What more could you ask for? :)

I also agree with the PPs about Jet Blue being great. I think that generally speaking, large airlines stink.

Have you looked at Allegiant and Alaskan flying out of Bellingham? Closer, way cheaper parking, and the drive home at the end much, much shorter. I have flown to SNA and LGB, both from BLI with no problems.

Have you looked at Allegiant and Alaskan flying out of Bellingham? Closer, way cheaper parking, and the drive home at the end much, much shorter. I have flown to SNA and LGB, both from BLI with no problems.

I think Allegiant stopped flying into LGB from BLI. I was looking earlier to recommend them because I knew they flew from there but could onlly find BLI to LAX now.

I also wish Alaska flew direct from BLI into LGB/SNA. I would so drive to the north to catch a flight out of there but they all just land in SEA and then continue on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter