• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fastpass...Slinky Dog vs. Flight of Passage

My 60 days was this morning.I did 60+4 first and the earliest Slinky Dog available was for 7:40pm
Second was 60+5 and there weren't any FOP FPs available at all, grabbed a Na'vi FP for 9:35am
I had the the same issue. No FOP for ANY of my days. I got Navi instead. I only saw ONE Slinky dog late one night but had to pass and went with TSMM instead as it fit our plans better....

ETA: I was also on MDE this morning at exactly 7am, so I was really shocked after reading some people's experiences for the week or so earlier that had many choices of times.

Last edited:
So it sounds to me like there is a good chance that neither will be available at 60+3. So I think I'm going to focus on FOP for 60+5 and rope drop SDD and just go with TSMM for 60+3. Can't believe the craze over the last two years. Last time we were there, the Fantasyland expansion just finished and 7DMT was the hot commodity. But there was only 1 at 1 park. Now there's 2 at 2 different parks. I sure can't wait till SWL. I think we'll have to take a break from Disney during that time. It's going to be absolutely NUTS!!!!

So it sounds to me like there is a good chance that neither will be available at 60+3. So I think I'm going to focus on FOP for 60+5 and rope drop SDD and just go with TSMM for 60+3. Can't believe the craze over the last two years. Last time we were there, the Fantasyland expansion just finished and 7DMT was the hot commodity. But there was only 1 at 1 park. Now there's 2 at 2 different parks. I sure can't wait till SWL. I think we'll have to take a break from Disney during that time. It's going to be absolutely NUTS!!!!

This morning I was able to get SDD for the evening of 60+4 and couldn't get FOP at all for 60+5.

I went back into the system later today and was able to get an FOP for the morning of 60+7. We leave that day and I originally wanted to leave it open, but it may be the only option for us to ride FOP w/o a 2hr line.

I think it’s crazy that some are saying they had no issues and others are having big problems!

I have a feeling it's because we are going different weeks. I was arriving the week before the opening and being there for that week. It appears the problems are more with booking now. When I was booking, on the studios thread, people had similar experiences as me. So SDD was on a later day, with everyone basically on an even playing field since the land was not open even open until my day 4. However, I never had any issue in the first 2 hours of my booking window for FoP. After the first 2 hours when tweeking, it was up to noon time.

After reading the thread my hopes of getting either FOP or SDD are slightly dashed.
We plan for SDD at 60+1 and FOP 60+3. Our booking window opens 6/27.
We are already planning on rope drop for both parks those days.
Any tips or strategies to consider

For my trip in November -- (a long way off yet) .. I am going with the theory that Slinky Dog Dash will be harder to get as it is newer, so I planned that day later in the trip to take full advantage of the 60+ length of trip bonus.

SO I am planning DHS on my last day of the trip (Day 6) and AK on Day 3.

Just a theory.

I’ve used that stratagy with previous trips and it works however this trip I’m locked into what days I will be at each of the parks because of other family joining us. And to add insult to my normal Disney trip No park hopper. Ugh!!

Argh, this seems like very, very bad news. Are you going a busy week?
I would go back in and double check. As it was previously mentioned FPs are very sporadic due to website issues. I am going the same week. When my window opened yesterday there was almost nothing available. This morning I went in and got everything I wanted (SDD and FoP on 2 seperate days). I would also suggest that if you got a FP for a later time but wanted an earlier time go back in and try to modify the time. That has also worked for me today. There are all sorts of website issues going on. Good luck!!!!

We are wanting to do SDD on 60+2 and FOP on 60+5. Now I'm worried mostly for SDD. We already have the fireworks dessert party booked for that day.

I would go back in and double check. As it was previously mentioned FPs are very sporadic due to website issues. I am going the same week. When my window opened yesterday there was almost nothing available. This morning I went in and got everything I wanted (SDD and FoP on 2 seperate days). I would also suggest that if you got a FP for a later time but wanted an earlier time go back in and try to modify the time. That has also worked for me today. There are all sorts of website issues going on. Good luck!!!!

This was my experience as well.

I'm trying for August for both of these with no luck. Does anyone think I have a chance. :(

I'm trying for August for both of these with no luck. Does anyone think I have a chance. :(

Yes, I think you have a good chance, keep checking. :)

I booked our FP this morning and got FoP on 60+5 in the early afternoon, Slinky Dog at 60+3 was only available in the evening but I took it for now. I'm really hoping they extend the DHS park hours the last week in August and I can move it to the morning.

Be prepared. I accidentally slept in on my day (I was SO sick). I tried to get on around 9am, had to add two tickets, and still get FoP on day 60+3 and 60+7. I did see a SDD on 60+4 at night, but went with TSMM instead.

Need some opinions. Currently planning on doing DHS on day 3 and AK on day 5 of our trip. I was thinking that FOP fastpass will be harder to get than SDD. Just wondering if you guys think this strategy is solid or do you think I should switch the days and make HS on day 5 instead?
I was there opening day of pandora and was able to get a FP for FOP. I will be there opening day for TSL and was not able to get any FP for TSL. just a side not I got to Disney Friday for pandora and will be there this Thursday for TSL so I had an extra day for TSL )

I have a similar question for October. This is my plan right now for trying to get the hard-to-get FPP reservations. My head is swimming a bit keeping all the variables in check, so I'd appreciate your thoughts. I'll be doing FPP for 4 people.
What do you think of this order for booking the FPP?
7DMT (60+1, CL 6)
FOP (60+5, CL 7)- only for 2 of us
SDD (60+4, CL7)
Na'vi for the other two people not doing FOP

I didn't find out until the day before our FP+ window opened that my girls wanted to do any of the rides in Toy Story Land. I figured they'd definitely want to visit the land, check everything out and maybe even eat at Woody's Lunchbox but be okay with not riding the rides. However, my 20yr old (just turned 20 yesterday) informed me that she and her 13yr old baby sister wanted to do the rides as well. When our window opened I went straight for FoP (60+4) since we've never done that ride because when we were last in WDW in 2015 it wasn't there. I scooped up that up and then went for SDD which is our 60+2 and all that was available was 7PM and I grabbed it because I knew if I passed on it would be almost impossible to get. I've since tried to modify the time hoping for something earlier in the day and no dice so far but I'm going to keep on trying but at least for now I know we will be able to ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter