Fastpass...Slinky Dog vs. Flight of Passage

gerryrobinson

Mouseketeer
Need some opinions. Currently planning on doing DHS on day 3 and AK on day 5 of our trip. I was thinking that FOP fastpass will be harder to get than SDD. Just wondering if you guys think this strategy is solid or do you think I should switch the days and make HS on day 5 instead?

I had no problem within my first few hours of booking of getting whatever whenever.

I did this two weeks ago - had FOPs available for several hours, and Disney just added several more in the evenings. Could not initially find *any* SDD, then found them at 60+8 and then they were gone later that day. I am going the first week that Toy Story Land is open so that might have something to do with it.

I made my fastpasses last week at 7am. At 60+3, there were multiple FOP fastpasses available, although the earliest was 3:50pm. At 60+2, there were only a few evening fastpasses available for Slinky Dog, the earliest being 7:05pm. By mid-afternoon, the fastpasses were completely gone for both rides. I would try for whichever ride is more important to you. For me, it was FOP. Once I got that fastpass, I immediately switched days and booked Slinky Dog. I went back and filled in all of the other fastpasses after that.

I've been wondering about this, we're planning on DHS on 60+3 and AK on 60+5, sounds like I need to try for Slinky Dog first and might not get it anyway. :crazy2:

Last edited:

I am going on opening day and could not get either of the new rides so I booked Toy Story. Today I found 4 for Alien Saucers and changed my Toy Story to that. Just keep checking for what you want. Many times they come open as people tweak their trips.

I’ve also been wondering about this. We are planning on AK at 60+3 and DHS at 60+4. I could book 2 individual FPs for FOP if it comes to that...my DS isn’t tall enough to ride, so DH and I will need to split up anyway.

I made my fastpasses last week at 7am. At 60+3, there were multiple FOP fastpasses available, although the earliest was 3:50pm. At 60+2, there were only a few evening fastpasses available for Slinky Dog, the earliest being 7:05pm. By mid-afternoon, the fastpasses were completely gone for both rides. I would try for whichever ride is more important to you. For me, it was FOP. Once I got that fastpass, I immediately switched days and booked Slinky Dog. I went back and filled in all of the other fastpasses after that.

What size party?

Time flexibility is the key. Both FOP and SDD had fastpasses last week for day 60 and 60 +1 late in the evening (after 6 pm). We have hoppers and went in planning fastpasses for HS and AK for the late half of our days. If you need the fastpasses earlier than say 3pm you will likely need to be out more than 65 days for both rides.

What size party?
There are 4 of us. I did not try to do individual fastpasses to get a better time because I was afraid I would not find 4 that overlapped. There may be more success for smaller parties.

I wanted to add one more thought here - a SDD FP will be much more important than a FoP FP because of weather. FoP does not close for bad weather while SDD is open air so it will. Having a FP will mean that if it closes during your window you can return later in the day. Coupled with the reduced ride capacity compared to FoP, its a double whammy when it rains.

I would do whatever you have to regarding getting that one!

Following since I’m wondering the same thing. I may go with FOP first. If we can’t get SDD then plan B will be HS opens at 7 am every day we are there so I figured if we are there early (6:30) we could rope drop it. We are up early and ready to go anyway

I also had no issues getting both rides twice in one week, when booking when my window opened.

My 60 days was this morning.

I did 60+4 first and the earliest Slinky Dog available was for 7:40pm
Second was 60+5 and there weren't any FOP FPs available at all, grabbed a Na'vi FP for 9:35am

My 60 days was this morning.

I did 60+4 first and the earliest Slinky Dog available was for 7:40pm
Second was 60+5 and there weren't any FOP FPs available at all, grabbed a Na'vi FP for 9:35am

Argh, this seems like very, very bad news. Are you going a busy week?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter