FastPass restrictions for split stays

We too are big split stayers so as to have better transport at the various parks (and dining). Might do AKV for 3 nights and BWV for 4. Or BWV and SSR. Those are our fave splits (we are not MK people). Won't do that anymore.

AND to top it off we bought 55 direct June UY BWV a few years back. We had to go on waitlist and since we have 2 UY (june and aug) we went on both WL. June came through first so we bought. Then a month later we got a call that our Aug had also come through...we could not resist 25 more and were told how we could just do point transfers. Then we later added 25 more Aug and 150 more June (for 50 Aug and 255 June). Well we weren't made aware that when you transfer you cannot book online but have to call MS. We bought for standard studios during F&W and that 1 hour difference (between booking online and calling MS) matters. So we just book a few nights with Aug and then a few more nights with June and link (once we run out of June points). Now I worry that linking will not be considered a continuous stay. I have one this fall...2BR standard view at BWV (1st night Aug points, nights 2-7 with June and recently added night 8 with Aug points). Maybe I should sell the two 25 point Aug UY.
Once you link it it will be considered a continuous reservation, wouldn't it? I had mine linked and it had one night on it with OTU points.

We bought at different properties to be able to split our stays between MK and Epcot areas. Not long stays, maybe a 3/4 or 3/3 split. We go at high point times and can’t stretch one property through everything either. Sometimes we add a cash stay to be able to do it. I would not have purchased if I knew “entire length of stay” was going to change. If this doesn’t revert, after our stay next year I’m going to sell.

We did the exact same thing - have contracts at both CCV and BCV because we like to stay close to whatever resort we are focusing on for those few days. This will seriously impact the way we use our points and we might end up selling off one/buying more points at the other. I'm very disappointed Disney has chosen to treat DVC customers this way.

Once you link it it will be considered a continuous reservation, wouldn't it? I had mine linked and it had one night on it with OTU points.
Not when the reservations come from different memberships, like the PP. yes, they may be titled the same but with different UYs, they are different memberships. Linking only allows the guest to stay in the same villa for the entire time without checking out/in. The reservations remain separate, with two different confirmation numbers.

@lovin'fl , you could transfer points from one membership to the other. When your 11-month window opens, book as many nights online as you can with the points from Membership A. Then call Member Services when they open at 9:00 Eastern time to add on the additional nights using the points you transferred to A from Membership B. As long as you have at least the first night already booked, you can add on more for a stay of up to 7 total nights right at the 11-month window. The drawback is that if you want to modify the reservation to drop a night or to add more nights, you have to MS to do it.

We often do split stays either all DVC or cash+DVC

How would the following scenario play out.

Cash stay: Day 1-4
DVC stay: Day 4-8

FP+ booked 60days out for both stays

Waitlist is setup for cash stay dates.

What happens if the waitlist comes through after FP+ have been made for cash stay and the cash stay is then cancelled as its no longer needed as I would now have a split stay with DVC reservations only?

We often do split stays either all DVC or cash+DVC

How would the following scenario play out.

Cash stay: Day 1-4
DVC stay: Day 4-8

FP+ booked 60days out for both stays

Waitlist is setup for cash stay dates.

What happens if the waitlist comes through after FP+ have been made for cash stay and the cash stay is then cancelled as its no longer needed as I would now have a split stay with DVC reservations only?

We have a 3 night cash, 3 night DVC stay in May. They are 2 separate booking windows for FP. I called a few times leading up to this, and twice on my first FP booking day and they will not override. I asked each time if it would matter if my cash stay was also a DVC stay and I was told “no” each time. I had to book my FP for days 1-4 at 60 days from first check-in and my FP for days 4-5 at 63 days from my first check-in date. (because you’re able to book checkout day for reservation #1, which is day 4 in my case, with the first booking window).

That said, even booking in two parts like that I was able to get all of the FP I wanted (including SDD on day one and FoP on day 2) without any issue, all had plenty of availability. I’m not sure what experiences others are having with their booking windows.

We have a 3 night cash, 3 night DVC stay in May. They are 2 separate booking windows for FP. I called a few times leading up to this, and twice on my first FP booking day and they will not override. I asked each time if it would matter if my cash stay was also a DVC stay and I was told “no” each time. I had to book my FP for days 1-4 at 60 days from first check-in and my FP for days 4-5 at 63 days from my first check-in date. (because you’re able to book checkout day for reservation #1, which is day 4 in my case, with the first booking window).

That said, even booking in two parts like that I was able to get all of the FP I wanted (including SDD on day one and FoP on day 2) without any issue, all had plenty of availability. I’m not sure what experiences others are having with their booking windows.

Thanks

What will happen with my FP+ for my cash stay if the cash stay is cancelled and replaced with a DVC booking (waitlist)?

Thanks

What will happen with my FP+ for my cash stay if the cash stay is cancelled and replaced with a DVC booking (waitlist)?
I have not seen anyone on the boards stating they have lost any FP's. Even if Disney started to cancel FP's you should be OK. The wording in the anoouncement and CM's have consistently stated something like, "unless a replacement reservation is made for the days of the FP's within 48 hours". You would have made your replacement reservation before you even cancelled your first one, but more importantly, you have on property stays for the FP's.

I have not seen anyone on the boards stating they have lost any FP's. Even if Disney started to cancel FP's you should be OK. The wording in the anoouncement and CM's have consistently stated something like, "unless a replacement reservation is made for the days of the FP's within 48 hours". You would have made your replacement reservation before you even cancelled your first one, but more importantly, you have on property stays for the FP's.
Great thanks.

I just finished booking FP+ for a split stay last week, The system did not link the ressies, so I had to make passes for each part of the stay separately. I called IT a couple of times and was told they were trying to correct the problem, but that did not occur. They told me they could make FPs for me on the phone, but I knew I could get what I wanted so I turned the offer down.

Please, please, please let this be fixed before FP+ becomes an option for SWGE!

i know what you mean. I just booked a split stay for OKW and BCV for a December trip. Am really concerned that SWGE will have FP by then. Counted on the old rules that allowed FPs for the entire stay. Praying that there will be a change to this. We are huge Star Wars fans and are stoked for Galaxy's Edge. We we can hope that EMHs may be available then.

i know what you mean. I just booked a split stay for OKW and BCV for a December trip. Am really concerned that SWGE will have FP by then. Counted on the old rules that allowed FPs for the entire stay. Praying that there will be a change to this. We are huge Star Wars fans and are stoked for Galaxy's Edge. We we can hope that EMHs may be available then.

I bet FP+ isn't available until at LEAST six months after RotR. And I bet RotR is at LEAST 6 months away from completion. But this is all speculation. The phased opening is a total... "let's pretend this isn't a cluster" move.

Thanks for notifying me of this! Was going to do a split stay on an 8 day stay in October (I miss poly!) but looks like we shall stay the entire time at BWV, std 2bd no less! I’m bummed bc we wanted to switch it up but not worth losing priority FP at HS and AK (which is likely easier to get -pandora and skinny dog- at the end of the trip...)

Thanks for notifying me of this! Was going to do a split stay on an 8 day stay in October (I miss poly!) but looks like we shall stay the entire time at BWV, std 2bd no less! I’m bummed bc we wanted to switch it up but not worth losing priority FP at HS and AK (which is likely easier to get -pandora and skinny dog- at the end of the trip...)
I agree!

I was also planning to do a split stay, but until & unless this "glitch" gets fixed so that I can book FP+ for the entire stay when the 60 day window opens for the first night, I'm staying home in my BWV standard view for the entire stay. And that's no hardship at all!

I agree!

I was also planning to do a split stay, but until & unless this "glitch" gets fixed so that I can book FP+ for the entire stay when the 60 day window opens for the first night, I'm staying home in my BWV standard view for the entire stay. And that's no hardship at all!

It might just have been. Have a split stay at OKW and AKV in May from May 16-27, with AKV being the last 4 days. 60 day mark for the OKW stay was Sunday, and I couldn’t book the FP for the AKV stay... until today. I was so glad since I could finally book FOP for our next to last day at AKV.

Last edited:
I agree!

Is it something that is supposed to be fixed? Also was planning a split stay but will just have to keep blt standard instead of switching second half. This change could really impact the 7 month availability huh?

Is it something that is supposed to be fixed? Also was planning a split stay but will just have to keep blt standard instead of switching second half. This change could really impact the 7 month availability huh?

I notified DVC member services about the issue and received the following:

"We thank you for letting us know regarding the challenges with setting up FastPass+ options on split-stay reservations. This is a known issue that is currently being worked on. While there is currently no resolution as to when this known challenge with FastPass+ will be completed, those teams are working to resolve the website challenge as quickly as possible."

We will just have to wait and see.

I notified DVC member services about the issue and received the following:

"We thank you for letting us know regarding the challenges with setting up FastPass+ options on split-stay reservations. This is a known issue that is currently being worked on. While there is currently no resolution as to when this known challenge with FastPass+ will be completed, those teams are working to resolve the website challenge as quickly as possible."

We will just have to wait and see.

So it sounds like a computer glich instead of a policy change? Can they book fp over the phone until the glich is fixed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter