FastPass restrictions for split stays

Discussion in 'DVC Member Services' started by Aussie RJ, Feb 22, 2019.

1. DisBuckMan

DisBuckMan DIS Veteran

I can confirm that fp+ windows are continuous with split stays, as of yesterday.

We have a split stay beginning May 31st, and I was able to book fp's for both stays yesterday morning.

Can't say with ADR's. We never make ADR's more than one day in advance.

2. Laura's Dad

Laura's Dad DIS Veteran

That's great news.

3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Disney Vacation Club Resales www.dvcstore.com

4. MaoriWhoLovesDisney

MaoriWhoLovesDisney All you gotta do is JUUUUUUUMP!!

Same thing here - I was able to book ADR's for the entirety of our trip as well, although that was four months ago...

5. MaryAnne220

MaryAnne220 Earning My Ears

This happened to me for my June trip, and when FP went nuts, I just booked the whole week at SSR...I need those priority FP+!

6. PurdueDaisy

PurdueDaisy Earning My Ears

You guys are so informed and helpful. So as I understand it our stay will be viewed as continuous for FP+ purposes even if we do cash at AoA for four days and then switch to a DVC property (on our own points) for the last five days? (We want to try out the new gondolas!)

MaoriWhoLovesDisney likes this.
  7. MaoriWhoLovesDisney

MaoriWhoLovesDisney All you gotta do is JUUUUUUUMP!!

We are doing this exact situation on our upcoming trip, and the FP+ window for our entire trip opened at sixty days. YMMV, but you should expect the same!

8. DizneyLizzy

DizneyLizzy DIS Veteran

Just FYI, this morning I was able to book fast passes for my entire June stay - which is split between two DVC resorts and one night cash at a moderate at the end of the stay. No problem.

9. CarolMN

CarolMN DVC Co-Moderator Moderator

Happy to hear this. Thanks for posting your very recent experience. :)

DizneyLizzy likes this.
  10. kboo

kboo DIS Veteran

(Same here: I may have had a problem once in 2015.)

I was on the Theme Parks board looking something else up, and AP holders were saying that they were having problems with booking FP for their next stay if they hadn't checked out for their first stay yet. This is going to affect me next week: We will be at VGF for April break when the FP window opens for our short trip in June. What I am reading from that thread is that I either won't be able to book any FPs at all (still checked in at VGF), or I will only be able to book 1 day at a time at the 60-day window. Posting now and will be back to edit and add the link:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...s-read-post-406.3737301/page-29#post-60517316

Look at post 569 and the ones after it. It seems unintentional but is still a problem if you have stays booked approx. 60 days apart. From my reading, it looks like the 2nd 60 day window won't open at all, and I'll only be able to book 1 day at a time at the 30 day window (because I'm an AP holder). Has anyone else encountered this?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019 at 9:36 AM