FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI, according to CM on the phone, I don't get to book FP+ at 60 days from the first day of my room-only reservation.. I will have to wait until it is 60 days from first day of my package reservation. The reason is because my room-only reservation has no valid ticket attached.
FYI, the CM is incorrect. ;)

Your window opens and with everyone in the package matching the names in the room-only, you can book for the package portion. If you don’t mind being a day behind, you can follow the CM’s incorrect info.

See the Split Stay section of the OP - it’s based on confirmed info.

Yeah, this:
RO Stay followed by Package Stay. The 60-day FP booking window will open at 60 days before the check-in date of the first (RO) stay and will extend until the checkout date of the second (package) stay. FPs can be booked for the package stay only; FPs cannot be booked for the room-only stay until tickets are activated at Guest Relations.

FYI, the CM is incorrect. ;)

Your window opens and with everyone in the package matching the names in the room-only, you can book for the package portion. If you don’t mind being a day behind, you can follow the CM’s incorrect info.

See the Split Stay section of the OP - it’s based on confirmed info.

I will find out in two weeks. Hope you are right and CM is wrong...as of now, MDE sz my FP selection starts 60 days from 1st day of package, not RO....

I will find out in two weeks. Hope you are right and CM is wrong...as of now, MDE sz my FP selection starts 60 days from 1st day of package, not RO....
Because it’s a package MDX sends out the info on that. If I were you, I’d just wait until you are 60 days out from your package.

Our last day is at AK and we have 3 FPs booked. The FOP FP is late in the day and my daughter is catching an early flight so will have to leave the park and miss the ride. Will I be able to use it so that I can ride twice?

Our last day is at AK and we have 3 FPs booked. The FOP FP is late in the day and my daughter is catching an early flight so will have to leave the park and miss the ride. Will I be able to use it so that I can ride twice?
Yes. Use her MB or ticket to enter the FP line for ride#2 for you.

So fast pass day is approaching

I usually just start from my arrival day and book my passes

I’ve heard people start at their animal kingdom day to try and get FOP

Question, is that the norm? Doesn’t that risk losing other top tier fast passes you are looking for at other parks?

My animal kingdom day isn’t till day 4 or 5

So fast pass day is approaching

I usually just start from my arrival day and book my passes

I’ve heard people start at their animal kingdom day to try and get FOP

Question, is that the norm? Doesn’t that risk losing other top tier fast passes you are looking for at other parks?

My animal kingdom day isn’t till day 4 or 5

So the best is to "hop around" booking. If you want SDD, do that first and only that. Next, go get your FoP. Do you want FEA, go get that next. Then you can start to breath. You know what you want next. Depending on how long your staying, you may want some of those on multiple days. Then you can go back on days and get others, try and do other new or popular things after the Biggie's, like your AS2, 7DMT, Navi, RnR, TSM, TT, you get the picture. Then fill in and think about your day. Finally, go back through each day, tweeking fast pass times- this is where the real magic happens and you see that you can pretty much modify all your times to set up your best days. This process can take about 2 hours with coffee, lol! But, you'll see if you focus for that first 2 hours, you'll be fine.

I read the section on booking split stays and I’m good to go with a couple questions. It addresses staying in 2 separate resorts but would the same apply across 3? I will be staying SOG to AKL to POLY. When my 60 days opens for SOG should I be able to make FPs all the way to check out of POLY? (We have APs)
Also wondering if people have had luck with SOG opening for the 60 day mark as I know it’s pretty new to allowing that privilege.

I read the section on booking split stays and I’m good to go with a couple questions. It addresses staying in 2 separate resorts but would the same apply across 3? I will be staying SOG to AKL to POLY. When my 60 days opens for SOG should I be able to make FPs all the way to check out of POLY? (We have APs)
Also wondering if people have had luck with SOG opening for the 60 day mark as I know it’s pretty new to allowing that privilege.
Yes, it applies to a complete combination of onsite stays.

SOG has been linking to MDX since December and once linked, it opens the FP booking window.

So the best is to "hop around" booking. If you want SDD, do that first and only that. Next, go get your FoP. Do you want FEA, go get that next. Then you can start to breath. You know what you want next. Depending on how long your staying, you may want some of those on multiple days. Then you can go back on days and get others, try and do other new or popular things after the Biggie's, like your AS2, 7DMT, Navi, RnR, TSM, TT, you get the picture. Then fill in and think about your day. Finally, go back through each day, tweeking fast pass times- this is where the real magic happens and you see that you can pretty much modify all your times to set up your best days. This process can take about 2 hours with coffee, lol! But, you'll see if you focus for that first 2 hours, you'll be fine.

Oh my I hope it doesn’t take that long lol

Last time two years ago it took me 10 mins and I got everything I wanted and all the times. This was Memorial Day week. This time it’s summer

I’m only booking for two people total. I believe that’s what helped me move it along

We will see what happens this time.

Oh my I hope it doesn’t take that long lol

Last time two years ago it took me 10 mins and I got everything I wanted and all the times. This was Memorial Day week. This time it’s summer

I’m only booking for two people total. I believe that’s what helped me move it along

We will see what happens this time.

Lol, I hope it doesn't for you, but I'd carve out more than 10. I enjoy it, drink coffee, grab the urgent ones, then sit and get the non urgent ones. Then I go back, and at that point rethink the days and modify alot to tweak thinks, often passes by just 5 or 10 minutes to get things working great since I want to plan on utilizing fp+ as early as I can. Often at first grab it doesn't all fit perfect, but with the extra time, trying and patience it does. So it just all depends on what you want.

Lol, I hope it doesn't for you, but I'd carve out more than 10. I enjoy it, drink coffee, grab the urgent ones, then sit and get the non urgent ones. Then I go back, and at that point rethink the days and modify alot to tweak thinks, often passes by just 5 or 10 minutes to get things working great since I want to plan on utilizing fp+ as early as I can. Often at first grab it doesn't all fit perfect, but with the extra time, trying and patience it does. So it just all depends on what you want.

It sounds like a good idea. Sadly I have to be at work an hour after fast pass booking lol

It’s ok though I already told my boss I’m gonna be like a half hour late that day ;)

I woke up to the following email this morning... "We see that you currently have insufficient tickets on your My Disney Experience account for your selected FastPass+ experiences. If an additional valid Theme Park ticket is not associated to your account, your FastPass+ selections for 07/06/2018 are subject to cancellation on 05/19/2018." I'll just ignore the fact that they told me on 5/21 that they'd be doing something on 5/19. :) My real concern is that I have 7 days of regular tickets and 1 Disney After Hours set of tickets. I booked 8 days of FPs a few weeks back and i got this message this morning. Has anyone else seen this before? I wonder if this is another of their system issues or if this is real. I guess I'll be calling them later this morning to find out...

I woke up to the following email this morning... "We see that you currently have insufficient tickets on your My Disney Experience account for your selected FastPass+ experiences. If an additional valid Theme Park ticket is not associated to your account, your FastPass+ selections for 07/06/2018 are subject to cancellation on 05/19/2018." I'll just ignore the fact that they told me on 5/21 that they'd be doing something on 5/19. :) My real concern is that I have 7 days of regular tickets and 1 Disney After Hours set of tickets. I booked 8 days of FPs a few weeks back and i got this message this morning. Has anyone else seen this before? I wonder if this is another of their system issues or if this is real. I guess I'll be calling them later this morning to find out...
DISers with Party Tickets used to book a day of FPs also received that Warning. Deleting a non-essential day is best or you’ll lose the last day of booked FPs.

I have tried to find the answer to this but Haven't yet. If I haven't paid off my trip by the 60 day window (we are paying it out), Will I still be able to make my FP selections at the 60 day mark?

So...if you have a hotel stay, and the party ticket is your only ticket, still no FP?
You can always try and see what happens. You have nothing to lose compared to others who were potentially able to lose AK FPs, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter