• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did something change yesterday with the ability to "check" available FPs? I know a few days ago I could still go into Add Fastpass even if we already had 3 booked for that day. Today it isn't letting me do that so wondered if something changed yesterday when everything was down.

Also did they do away with tiers at AK? I was able to switch ours to Navi even though we also had FoP booked.
I'm not sure about the tiers but I am able to check other parks.

Did something change yesterday with the ability to "check" available FPs? I know a few days ago I could still go into Add Fastpass even if we already had 3 booked for that day. Today it isn't letting me do that so wondered if something changed yesterday when everything was down.

Also did they do away with tiers at AK? I was able to switch ours to Navi even though we also had FoP booked.

There were updates being done to the FP system overnight.

For a period of time this morning the FP tiering restrictions in AK were not in effect.

Also worth noting, there was widespread availability of virtually all FPs in the 4 parks for the next 60 days. It seems that availability has begun to dry up and only the usual attractions are available now at less than 60 days out.

Last edited:
There were updates being done to the FP system overnight.

For a period of time this morning the FP tiering restrictions in AK were not in effect.

Also worth noting, there was also widespread availability of virtually all FPs in the 4 parks for the next 60 days. It seems that availability has begun to dry up and only the usual attractions are available now at less than 60 days out.

Interesting, so I wonder if they will take away our NRJ FPs since we also have FoP booked too. I was really just trying to move our EE up some and there was no availability for it hardly, which I thought was strange at more than 30 days out still.

ETA: And now all my Friends/Family FPs have disappeared from website. Clearly they are having some issues.

My brother is going on a trip with his family. If they are on my friends and family list, can I book FPs for them, even if I am not going with them? Or would I need to log into their account? They have no idea what they are doing and I think it would be better to just to it for them.

My brother is going on a trip with his family. If they are on my friends and family list, can I book FPs for them, even if I am not going with them? Or would I need to log into their account? They have no idea what they are doing and I think it would be better to just to it for them.
Yes; you can book their FPs for them as long as tickets are linked to them.

I haven't been to WDW in 2 years and I just booked a last minute trip for mid-July. Happy Birthday to me! Last time I went there was a thread for picking up FP's that someone was about to cancel. I am trying to see if there is still a way to do that on here? I have looked, but couldn't find it if there is! I figured someone on here would know for sure!

I haven't been to WDW in 2 years and I just booked a last minute trip for mid-July. Happy Birthday to me! Last time I went there was a thread for picking up FP's that someone was about to cancel. I am trying to see if there is still a way to do that on here? I have looked, but couldn't find it if there is! I figured someone on here would know for sure!
That thread, when it was on the FP Subforum, mostly went unused. Now that FP is now back on TPAS, no one really posts when they are canceling FPs.

Disney doesn’t always immediately return all canceled FPs back into the booking pool. With the ability to search, refresh, book, and modify, the only guaranteed way to transfer FPs was to link and use Change Party. Now, that function only exists on the website, not the app.

That thread, when it was on the FP Subforum, mostly went unused. Now that FP is now back on TPAS, no one really posts when they are canceling FPs.

Disney doesn’t always immediately return all canceled FPs back into the booking pool. With the ability to search, refresh, book, and modify, the only guaranteed way to transfer FPs was to link and use Change Party. Now, that function only exists on the website, not the app.

Gotcha! Thanks for clarifying . . .

I did confirm my ability to book both NRJ and FoP for same day was a glitch. They said I could keep it but system might cancel one set of them. So instead of chancing it I had them cancel NRJ (I couldn't cancel/change through MDE).

Also I still have no ability to "check" FPs. It requires me to remove anyone with 3 FPs already booked for that day. That is same for both App and Website for me.

I did confirm my ability to book both NRJ and FoP for same day was a glitch. They said I could keep it but system might cancel one set of them. So instead of chancing it I had them cancel NRJ (I couldn't cancel/change through MDE).

Also I still have no ability to "check" FPs. It requires me to remove anyone with 3 FPs already booked for that day. That is same for both App and Website for me.
Try the steps that are explained in the FP FAQ ADDENDUM for checking availability. Move beyond the Warning to check. FPs are only deleted if you confirm new ones.

NRJ and FoP FPs booked for the same day will remain intact. When Pandora opened, a number of DISers held FPs for both rides on the same day as part of their initial 3 FPs without any problem. Disney doesn’t go through to check Tiers after FPs are booked and confirmed.

Try the steps that are explained in the FP FAQ ADDENDUM for checking availability. Move beyond the Warning to check. FPs are only deleted if you confirm new ones.

NRJ and FoP FPs booked for the same day will remain intact. When Pandora opened, a number of DISers held FPs for both rides on the same day as part of their initial 3 FPs without any problem. Disney doesn’t go through to check Tiers after FPs are booked and confirmed.

Yeah I followed the instructions but after I select the party members it goes to a screen similar to the warning but pops up "Remove From Party". The Next option in the lower right is greyed out and can't be clicked on. So only option is to removed everyone, start over, or go back. I was able to do this before the issues Monday night.

As for NRJ the CM I spoke to said that in the past when the system has been down (like it was Monday night) if things are booked incorrectly it may correct it once everything comes back fully. She said lots of people had lost FoP FPs a while back because a glitch allowed them to also book NRJ. She was in the MDE Help area and said of course she got a lot of the calls but couldn't help them once they were gone. I debated chancing it but NRJ isn't really worth losing a FoP over.

Seems to be a couple of issues since the update. It isn't allowing me to see other parks when I have FP's selected as others have posted. I'm also finding availability to be very low. I'm at AK right now and rides that are normally very easy to find as additional FP's have no times...not even evening and not with any amount of refreshing. Dinosaur, EE, etc. I was finding the same at MK last night but figured that may have been due to rides shutting down a lot for rain.

Seems to be a couple of issues since the update. It isn't allowing me to see other parks when I have FP's selected as others have posted. I'm also finding availability to be very low. I'm at AK right now and rides that are normally very easy to find as additional FP's have no times...not even evening and not with any amount of refreshing. Dinosaur, EE, etc. I was finding the same at MK last night but figured that may have been due to rides shutting down a lot for rain.

I agree availability seems off last few days. I had EE booked for late afternoon with plans of moving it to morning sometime before 30 days once we had our FoP time set. I started look at about 35 days to go and couldn't find anything before 3:30 for it. Strange when it is a ride we have often gotten a 4th FP for.

I agree availability seems off last few days. I had EE booked for late afternoon with plans of moving it to morning sometime before 30 days once we had our FoP time set. I started look at about 35 days to go and couldn't find anything before 3:30 for it. Strange when it is a ride we have often gotten a 4th FP for.
MDE as a whole has been a mess the last few days, I’m guessing that’s a contributing factor.

For those onsite, are the kiosks working? Perhaps check there to see if availability is any better?

I was trying to add additional FP's before 11:00. Nothing for EE, UP, Safari....nevermind trying to get Navi or FOP (both of which I got earlier in the trip). Normally there are plenty of time for most rides but there is nothing. The only thing with times opening up is TSM so we hopped to HS and were able to keep riding it over and over with FP. I hope this isn't going to be the new norm.

I apologize if this has been addressed in this post already but I did read the info at the beginning so I may have overlooked it. Are fast passes at all linked to dining reservations? For example, do they need to be booked a certain spacing from ADRs? Or is that a totally separate system? Just wondering how I should plan to space out rides from ADRs that I need to keep. Thank you!

I apologize if this has been addressed in this post already but I did read the info at the beginning so I may have overlooked it. Are fast passes at all linked to dining reservations? For example, do they need to be booked a certain spacing from ADRs? Or is that a totally separate system? Just wondering how I should plan to space out rides from ADRs that I need to keep. Thank you!
The two systems do not “talk” so you won’t be prohibited from booking a FP that overlaid an ADR. They system will just give you an alert that you have something booked at that time.

Yes; you just can’t book any FP for the room-only days.

FYI, according to CM on the phone, I don't get to book FP+ at 60 days from the first day of my room-only reservation.. I will have to wait until it is 60 days from first day of my package reservation. The reason is because my room-only reservation has no valid ticket attached.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter