• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I tried to book FP's for Epcot and it would only let me book one for the day. I booked Soarin' and tried to book Test Track and it wouldn't let me. Why??
At 30 days out I couldn't even get Soarin' to come up on the list of options. Crazy! It's the only FP beside FOP I couldn't get.

I have to book FPs in the next few days for our September trip. We are using DVC points and are waitlisted for one night during our stay. That means we have two reservations, one Saturday-Thursday and one Friday-Saturday. Will this provide any problem booking my Fastpasses? My tickets are for all 7 days. I just want to be sure that I will be able to book for all our days at once. If it helps, I have a cash room for that one night, in case the waitlist doesn't come through. I haven't linked it because I am afraid that If I have to cancel it, that it might cancel my Fastpasses.

I have to book FPs in the next few days for our September trip. We are using DVC points and are waitlisted for one night during our stay. That means we have two reservations, one Saturday-Thursday and one Friday-Saturday. Will this provide any problem booking my Fastpasses? My tickets are for all 7 days. I just want to be sure that I will be able to book for all our days at once. If it helps, I have a cash room for that one night, in case the waitlist doesn't come through. I haven't linked it because I am afraid that If I have to cancel it, that it might cancel my Fastpasses.
Your FP booking window is based on your onsite stays and you'll be able to book for all park days.

Changing reservations does not affect FPs because they are based on linked tickets.

You'll need to link the second stay to book FPs for those days.

I apologize if this has been asked before but how late do they have FP windows running in relation to park closing time.

For example is a park is closing at 9pm what typically is the last FP window for that night? Would they have a FP window for example at 7:55pm-8:55pm or from 8:00pm-9:00pm if the park closes at 9pm?

I apologize if this has been asked before but how late do they have FP windows running in relation to park closing time.

For example is a park is closing at 9pm what typically is the last FP window for that night? Would they have a FP window for example at 7:55pm-8:55pm or from 8:00pm-9:00pm if the park closes at 9pm?
With a 9:00 close, the latest window can open at 8:30 and close at 9:00.

There wouldn't be a grace period due to the park closure.

Thank you for your response! The reason I ask is because of this:

For September 9th
upload_2017-7-14_15-51-21.png

upload_2017-7-14_15-52-28.png

I don't have that FP but it is currently an available option. Is that normal to have a FP window be that close to park closing? Maybe I'm overthinking it lol IDK

ETA: see additional screen shot on second post

Yes. As long as you are in line before park close, you will be allowed to ride.

If you're responding to my question I do know that part but I'm specifically wondering about the FP times that Disney has available to select in relation to park closing.
The slotted times are how the system is set up. If a person had a booked FP with a return window of 6:45-7:45 then they would be eligible for the 7:55-8:55 slot for their next ride rather than get slotted into the 8:00 window.

It's very apparent when Modifying booked FPs. The system can give you times that are 5 to 10 minutes earlier.

If you're responding to my question I do know that part but I'm specifically wondering about the FP times that Disney has available to select in relation to park closing.

Yes, I was responding to you...yes, they will give windows right up until close. But what you won't see is a window that extends past the closing time. What starts to happen is the window will get shorter in order to still end at closing time. So 8pm-9pm isn't necessarily the last window - you may see 8:05pm-9pm, 8:10pm-9pm, etc.

You can enter the line at any time during the window. They don't shut down the attraction at closing time...they shut it down once everyone in line has been through it. But they won't let you in line at all after closing time - thus no FP windows that extend past that.

The relevant parts of Post #2 that cover this:
- FP return windows for some rides and character M&Gs can be less than 60 minutes long, but only in the last hour that FPs are offered (the last hour of park operation not including EMH or hard-ticket events).

- FPs can be scheduled only during regular park hours, including the first and last hours of operation. All FP attractions can be scheduled for any part of the regular day, except Frozen Ever After which does not allow FPs before 11:00a.

Yes, I was responding to you...yes, they will give windows right up until close. But what you won't see is a window that extends past the closing time. What starts to happen is the window will get shorter in order to still end at closing time. So 8pm-9pm isn't necessarily the last window - you may see 8:05pm-9pm, 8:10pm-9pm, etc.

You can enter the line at any time during the window. They don't shut down the attraction at closing time...they shut it down once everyone in line has been through it. But they won't let you in line at all after closing time - thus no FP windows that extend past that.

The relative parts of Post #2 that cover this:

Hi. I was able to make fastpasses today at 60 days out. My parents are coming in 3 days later and I have them connected to my Disney experience. Can I not do fastpasses for them until THEIR 60 day mark? I have someone else in my group that only had park tickets linked and come in 1 day later than us and I was able to make fastpasses for them.

Hi. I was able to make fastpasses today at 60 days out. My parents are coming in 3 days later and I have them connected to my Disney experience. Can I not do fastpasses for them until THEIR 60 day mark? I have someone else in my group that only had park tickets linked and come in 1 day later than us and I was able to make fastpasses for them.

You should be able to get theirs now. Can you not?

You should be able to get theirs now. Can you not?
No. When I go to add them to an existing FastPass it says they need tickets. When I go to enter their resort package confirmation number thinking maybe I need to enter it again, it comes up and says I already have it linked.

No. When I go to add them to an existing FastPass it says they need tickets. When I go to enter their resort package confirmation number thinking maybe I need to enter it again, it comes up and says I already have it linked.

I believe this is the problem. Their tickets are not technically valid for park use until the day they check in. You may need to wait until their 60-day mark to get their FPs. In your other example for the person that worked, you mentioned tickets only. Package tickets work differently.

If you had selected them with your initial grouping of people, the system would have allowed you to book for them.

But because you are attempting to Change Party to add them to pre-booked FPs, the system knows they don't yet have valid tickets.

You can Cancel and rebook a FP for the complete grouping - includes your parents, and the system will allow FPs for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter