Fastpass Enforcement coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess that if this does happen, we won't be able to "pass on the magic" to others by giving them FPs that weren't used for some reason. Sometimes we get a FP and never make it back to the ride for whatever reason. We would give those FPs to other families. Guess we won't be able to do that anymore unless it JUST HAPPENED to be the correct window of time.

How does one plan for a ride breaking down? LoL! I was stuck on RRC for 30 minutes this last trip... How does one plan for that? LoL! Likewise, Peter Pan broke down while I was there... So if it starts working after your FP window, how do you plan for that?
If you're stuck on a ride that long, you should be getting a "No Strings" pass when they get you off -- basically a FP for any attraction at your convenience. If not, go to Guest Relations and ask for one.

This wouldn't bother me at all if they extended the return time a little more than 15 minutes. Would 2 or 3 hours really make that big a difference? It seems like they would save themselves a lot of headaches and complaints if they met people in the middle.

If you're stuck on a ride that long, you should be getting a "No Strings" pass when they get you off -- basically a FP for any attraction at your convenience. If not, go to Guest Relations and ask for one.

Yeah, we weren't given anything. Neither was the car behind us. Didn't know it was an option at the time. Since we were leaving the park anyway, it was no bother.

I agree with you. Even though we go to WDW fairly frequently, I have never used a FastPass outside of the printed time window. We look at that time when we go to pick them up, and if it doesn't work for us, we don't get the FastPass. It is not hard to tour that way at all.

x2

Also to the new "rule" all I have to say is, :thumbsup2

I will be glad if this actually happens.

It looks like this article is about WDW. Is this change affecting DL too?
Touring Plans is reporting this March 7th change on their website and Facebook page. I'm usually skeptical of these kinds of "rumors" but I Len Testa at Touring Plans is pretty reliable in my opinion.

Also, they said these changes are being enforced at Walt Disney World and NOT Disneyland (yet).

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out . . . .

There is no such thing as a "regular guest" and a "FP guest." All guests have the option to get FP's. If they choose to wait in line as opposed to get it, that's their choice/problem AFAIC. The fact that it's called the "standby line" should make perfectly obvious the priority is the FP line and your seating is at the whim of the people who use the FP system... Something that's available to all paying guests.
Geez laweez, it's called a mistake. I'm saying if I'm standing at merge with a line of guests in front of me who happen to using FastPasses, I think it's okay for someone to refer to them as FastPass Guests.

You're right, I shouldn't have referred to them as Regular Guests. They are Stand-by Guests, or guests who decided to not use the FastPass line and decided for whatever reason to use the standby line.

Geez, what happens when you get receive a wrong drink at a restaurant? Do you go all out on them for making a mistake? It's called being human and I'm sorry I didn't do things correctly as you see it to be fit. I hope that the rest of my day is not going to upset you due to my subtle mistakes.

Hopefully if this new system works correctly, the wait time for the regular lines will drop. If you're controlling how many guests enter the FastPass line, that's less that you have to halt the standby line for. Less FastPass guests means more regular guests get to enter onto the attraction.

Let's say an attraction gives out 2,000 FastPasses. If they come back all spread throughout the day, it's a pretty good flow between the 2 lines. However, if they all come back at 5pm at night (which they could with the current way it works), the FastPass line is now not very fast, so the regular line has to come to a complete stand still, while only FastPass is being let onto the attraction.

Hopefully it'll work. The only thing they need to do is let guests know before they get their FastPasses. Signage is needed, as well as Cast Members reminding guests. Information on the websites and maps would help as well.

This is an erroneous presumption - that late FP use affects the standby line - it doesn't.

Each attraction only distributes so many FP in a day.
Each attraction can only seat so many people in a day.
The difference between Seats and FP distributed are SB riders.
The same number of SB riders will ride in a day whether FP are accepted late or not.
The same number of FP riders will ride each day - whether they are accepted late or not.

This is really a bad idea for many reasons which were already mentioned and makes the park experience less enjoyable.

Geez laweez, it's called a mistake. I'm saying if I'm standing at merge with a line of guests in front of me who happen to using FastPasses, I think it's okay for someone to refer to them as FastPass Guests.

You're right, I shouldn't have referred to them as Regular Guests. They are Stand-by Guests, or guests who decided to not use the FastPass line and decided for whatever reason to use the standby line.

If you search past threads on the subject, you'll see explanations for why the number of guests that use a FastPass doesn't affect the overall standby line much at all, despite the perception of someone waiting.

Geez, what happens when you get receive a wrong drink at a restaurant? Do you go all out on them for making a mistake? It's called being human and I'm sorry I didn't do things correctly as you see it to be fit. I hope that the rest of my day is not going to upset you due to my subtle mistakes.

Um, Ok... Past experiences here and at WDW have shown to me that not everybody gets that a person with a FP is a guest who has the same ticket everybody else does who's used it to get a FP. Since you had said "regular guest" and "FP guest," I assumed you were one of those people who didn't know as much and told you that all guests could be FP guests if they use the system. That's it. Not sure why you're playing victim like I senselessly attacked all you hold to be meaningful in life... Just telling you that there is no such thing as regular guests and another class of FP guests because FP is something available to everybody. That's it. Chill.

I wonder how this will work with the "Tour" groups that everyone complains about

Hopefully if this new system works correctly, the wait time for the regular lines will drop. If you're controlling how many guests enter the FastPass line, that's less that you have to halt the standby line for. Less FastPass guests means more regular guests get to enter onto the attraction.

That's mathematically incorrect. Enforcing the Fastpass window will have a very little affect on the standby times. Remember, Fastpass is, simply put, keeping your virtual spot in line.

I can't really see an upside to this new Fastpass enforcement.

. . . . Likewise, Peter Pan broke down while I was there... So if it starts working after your FP window, how do you plan for that?

When FP first began - maybe 1998 or so - they specifically said, in public, not just to the CMs, that if a FP attraction breaks down during the day, then automatically all FPs for that attraction (for that day) will be accepted for the remainder of the day. That, at least, seems like a perfectly reasonable accommodation.

x2

Also to the new "rule" all I have to say is, :thumbsup2

I will be glad if this actually happens.

Why? Can you give a reason why this will be an improvement?

The current system of accepting late FP rewards people for knowing what they are doing and working to acquire the FP because they ride more and rarely wait in lines. People who think that enforcing the deadlines does anything to benefit the non late returners just don't understand basic math.

Dumbing things down is never a good idea. All this does imo is make it easier to be lazy - shouldn't we be rewarding people for making an effort, especially when it does nothing to harm the experience of the general public?

When FP first began - maybe 1998 or so - they specifically said, in public, not just to the CMs, that if a FP attraction breaks down during the day, then automatically all FPs for that attraction (for that day) will be accepted for the remainder of the day. That, at least, seams like a perfectly reasonable accommodation.

Well then that's silly... Most rides go down for one reason or another during the day, or at least are held up creating delays. So then there'd be FPs that are good all day and some that aren't, with no way of knowing which are which.

That's mathematically incorrect. Enforcing the Fastpass window will have a very little affect on the standby times. Remember, Fastpass is, simply put, keeping your virtual spot in line.

There will be some effect just as a result of a larger fraction of FPs now going unused. Fewer guests will ride with FP, hence more guests will be able to ride via standby.

Unless, of course, the system is adjusted to issue more FPs based on the no-show rate, the way the ADR system does similarly.

There will be some effect just as a result of a larger fraction of FPs now going unused. Fewer guests will ride with FP, hence more guests will be able to ride via standby.

Unless, of course, the system is adjusted to issue more FPs based on the no-show rate, the way the ADR system does similarly.

I'd bet the eventual availability of FastPass reservations will offset that. They've already said that was coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!