Fastpass Enforcement coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not? seriously. If there was no such thing as fast pass you'd have to make a decision, either wait in line or don't do the ride? Then you would judge how bad you wanted to do the line. FP wasn't meant to make your choices easy it is simply a tool available to you for touring.

TSM has a time thingy above the fast pass machines doesn't it? You can very easily look at it and determine if the return time will confict with ADR's and such.

Actually now that you have advanced warning a person can 180 days out decide if their Epcot day or HS day they want to make those adr's and plan accordingly.

I too don't understand the fervor over this, pretty much because I really believe people will adjust. I've seen tons of changes and generally after a while even the uber planners manage to still do the rides.

I'd be interested in knowing if the restaurants are going to have some means of allowing a late FP to be honored if, through no fault of the guest, the restaurant has slow service, problem honoring the ADR within 15 minutes, etc. etc.

There are some FP's that are hard to obtain - like TSM, Soarin - and I don't think a guest should have to choose between taking a FP or honoring their ADR they've made 180 days in advance.

How would you know that your LeCellier ADR might conflict with the only FP you could get for Soarin? Or your Brown Derby Fantasmic meal conflicts with the only FP you could get for TSM?

Of course you can opt to NOT take the FP, but if it's your only day in the park it's a tough choice to forego a not to miss attraction just because you have a dinner reservation. I suppose one could opt to NOT make ADR's and simply do counter services, then you would be assured of not having such conflict.
It just seems a little silly to get so anal about a FP return IMO. I'm really surprised at how hot people are getting over this debate :confused3

It appears we are basically saying the same thing & I already said what you pointed out. We agree this is not worth getting ugly on the boards over.

I could be wrong, but I think WDW likes guests to book ADR's in the more expensive table service restaurants vs. winging it on counter service. Our last trip we had a dinner for 2 at LeCellier with a bottle of wine and our bill easily exceeded $150.00 not including the tip.

Why wouldn't WDW want a guest spending money in their sit down table service restaurants to be able to ride an attraction even if it's past their FP window? The restaurant manager could give them a voucher or something to allow them to use the FP if they have to so the guest doesn't have to choose between the 2. I don't think this is that big of a deal that they have to have a guest choose one over the other.

Speaking for myself, I'd more readily dine at any restaurant again if this courtesy were extended in cases where they were late seating me, slow serving me, etc. if they are going to enforce FP window times.

If not, life is full of choices and we all plan accordingly. Me, I like dealing with places that appreciate my business and that's where I spend my money. We'll still go and if the new policy becomes a detriment to our experience, we can always do something different next trip.

popcorn::

When you get FP you see what is return time before you get it, so if it does not work with your ADR, do not take this one. Time will change pretty fast and you can get what you want and keep both ADR and FP. That is how we did it before we learned about late FP.

Sorry I find it hard to get excited about standing around waiting for the clock to change. Yes, I'll figure out how to work around it. Doesn't mean I'll like it or enjoy standing around twiddling my thumbs when I could be on my to something else. And that really doesn't address at all the issue of an ADR running you really late.

I guess what I'm most upset about here is that there seems to be some unwritten rules about the return window being false and that you can actually return whenever you want. I like to follow the rules and ettique that wouldn't upset anyone else. Common courtesy and respect for other park go-ers is what I follow and teach my kids.

Maybe a little hard to find, but not unwritten:

FP.jpg

Additionally, as others have posted, the fact that CMs have allowed "late" returns until now can be found with some moderate planning and research, and you may even be hit over the head with it by a helpful CM in the parks.

You're upset when they're not enforcing because no one told you, is basically what you're saying.

Sounds about right. :thumbsup2

I'm not upset either way. Whatever system is in place, I'll use to the fullest extent.

Definitely agree. Just as we always have. :thumbsup2

The system will just be what it is. And we'll make the most of it.

But you can't make the most of it without sharing your knowledge with every other park-goer, because that wouldn't be "fair". :rolleyes:

You're right. I should just be happy to walk throught the gates and be NEAR my favorite attractions. That's worth $90 a head, right?

If the time cuts it close, why should I go do something on the other side of the park and have to come back later, to potentially find that all the FP's are gone.

The system will just be what it is. And we'll make the most of it. But honestly, I'm tired of people insinuating that I should just be happy with one or the other. How selfish of me to want to keep my ADR (which I scheduled 180 days out and can't cancel at this point without penalty anyway) OR do the ride for which I already paid admission.

BRAVO :thumbsup2

Sorry I find it hard to get excited about standing around waiting for the clock to change. Yes, I'll figure out how to work around it. Doesn't mean I'll like it or enjoy standing around twiddling my thumbs when I could be on my to something else. And that really doesn't address at all the issue of an ADR running you really late.

Do not stand around, go on another ride, shop, whatever, no FP machine located in isolated area. Get FP late enough in case of being late from ADR. It is all very basic planning and I am not even a planner.

You're right. I should just be happy to walk throught the gates and be NEAR my favorite attractions. That's worth $90 a head, right?

If the time cuts it close, why should I go do something on the other side of the park and have to come back later, to potentially find that all the FP's are gone.

The system will just be what it is. And we'll make the most of it. But honestly, I'm tired of people insinuating that I should just be happy with one or the other. How selfish of me to want to keep my ADR (which I scheduled 180 days out and can't cancel at this point without penalty anyway) OR do the ride for which I already paid admission.

LOL,
I apologize poster if that was what you got out of my post. I'll try again.

When you plan a trip any trip, you plan with the information available. for some reason disney has decided to implement some changes. Now knowing disney as I think I do, they are doing this for some reason. I believe it's probably in response to complaints. I have no facts for this, just my theory.

Now you do have some choices so whether its selfish or not is really how you want to view it. You can do the ride, you simply cannot do it as conveniently as you like. You say you can't cancel your adrs so I assuming htat you are leaving within the next 24 hours since I believe that is the window you have and if you are leaving within 24 hours this new policy won't effect you since it doesn't go into effect until March 7th.

If you want to do the rides, get in line early and do the rides, early in the day shouldn't effect your adr's either.
Whether you want to be happy is totally up to you. All I said is that you have many options to help you do the rides.

Frustrated that they are changing this at all because the existing FP system and policies are great:

If you were not a dis-er and went to Disney outside of this board would you make the effort to use the FP by the times that we printed on it? The only people affected by this enforcement are the ones that used it outside the times :)

- provides flexibility in touring for changes like crowds, attending impromptu shows or parades, ride breakdowns, late ADR seatings, kids needs, ...
- allows you to go during the busiest times of the year, ride headliners multiple times all day long and never wait in lines over 20 minutes
- easy on CM to administer (don't need to police times)

We go during some of the busiest times of the year as well and still manage to ride headliners multiple times and never wait over 20 minutes :confused3

All of these benefits while having ZERO effect on ride capacity and standby lines

What led you to believe that ride capacity and stand-by lines were not affected :confused3

To those of you with the pom poms out in support of this change, I'd warn you to be careful what you wish for:

I follow the rules as they are, nothing should change because we return at the printed time.....YMMV:rolleyes1

- right now you know what to expect and it will be interesting to see what happens when things change?

Nothing will change for people whom, outside of the DIS who did not know this "perk" exsisted ;)

- how happy will you be if this is indeed just the first change in going to the next gen system that could include fees and preplanning your rides in advance of your park visit? Do you really want to plan your HS day down to the minute 3 months in advance of your trip?

I don't count my chickens before they hatch therefore, I refuse to get up in arms over something that has yet to materialize :headache:

You're all wrong. He was taken by the space lizards, enslaved and forced to build amusement parks on their world.

I've enjoyed reading your space lizards posts, and they're no less sensible than certain positions on this thread. :thumbsup2

I've enjoyed reading your space lizards posts, and they're no less sensible than certain positions on this thread. :thumbsup2

Actually, truth be told the lizard posts may actually be more sensible than certain other positions on this thread.

But the courtesy, respect, teaching your kids the right thing... that doesn't apply here. People who use FP late ARE working within the rules Disney set. Look at the back of a FP, it doesn't say cannot accept late arrivals, it only says cannot accept early arrivals.[/QUOTE]

Why do some people from the "I should be able to use my FP anytime I want" camp consistently refer us to the small, faint, print on the back of FPs that implies that late arrival is acceptable? Why would you not instead read the bold, black print on the front that says: "Please enter between ___ and ___," which makes it clear how the process is intended to work?

The proprietary training materials that pop up here whenever this discussion surfaces were never intended to be shared with park Guests. That document, by the way, has not been used or provided to Cast Members (at WDW anyway) in years, if ever.

The proprietary training materials that pop up here whenever this discussion surfaces was never intended to be shared with park Guests. That document, by the way, has not been used or provided to Cast Members (at WDW anyway) in years, if ever.

But, every CM you speak with will give you a version of "they are good until the park closes." In fact, I've even heard some of them yelling exactly that.

The proprietary training materials that pop up here whenever this discussion surfaces was never intended to be shared with park Guests. That document, by the way, has not been used or provided to Cast Members (at WDW anyway) in years, if ever.

Um...it's right there on the Hub for them to see.

And I've talked to CMs that do the training, and it is supposedly in the training manual.

:yay::yay:
I'm a CM and one of the attractions in my area is getting told this exact same thing, with a 5 minute early and 15 minute late arrival time. I'm guessing that when the time comes, Cast Members will have to tell guests about the new policy at distribution. Also, I can see managers standing at the FP Return area for a while helping out with this. When the problems do arise (monorail delays, ride goes down etc.) I can see the managers handling the guests, but the Cast Members will be trained to not allow late arrivals.

Maybe they could make the FP window longer than an hour- say 3 hours! That way if anything goes wrong- you have a longer time!:yay:

My question was why?

Why would you like something that significantly detracts from the park experience?

Because it only detracts from the park experience for those people who do not use their FPs during the designated window.

For everyone else, the park experience should improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter