Fastpass Enforcement coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um...it's right there on the Hub for them to see.

And I've talked to CMs that do the training, and it is supposedly in the training manual.

I've been unable to locate it on the HUB. Could you let me know where to look? And no, that document is not in the "Training Manual."

I've been unable to locate it on the HUB. Could you let me know where to look? And no, that document is not in the "Training Manual."

I can't tell you where to look, but another CM on the boards verified it was still there yesterday. Look for "Fastpass Operational Reminders" or something like that.

And I didn't mean that document was in the manual, but the policy in general.

I can't tell you where to look, but another CM on the boards verified it was still there yesterday. Look for "Fastpass Operational Reminders" or something like that.

And I didn't mean that document was in the manual, but the policy in general.

Ok, I'll look again.

And, you are right, CMs are verbally told that they can admit late FPs. I just meant that the document that frequently appears on these boards, as far as I know, no longer exists. Not sure it ever did at WDW.

PP..it no longer matters, if they discontinue " free dining". The damage is done. Iger won't unring that bell. It's obvious, how he feels about the Magic.
Not just rumblings...Iger or one of his minions came right out and said it - something like two years ago. Hasn't really worked...
Unfortunately for me, this doesn't sound like "deluxe" will include DVC resorts (which are usually in the same category) any time soon, since DVC occupancy is driven by different metrics.
I agree. Deluxe and DVC are not synonymous
So much speculation...and why is it that doconeill automatically seems to assume the worst and that he and the rest of the DVC owners are going to get screwed? .

They already have our money. We (DVCers) must continue to pay, if we want to play. Of course, they're going to screw us, they have us by the...;)

Ok, I'll look again.

And, you are right, CMs are verbally told that they can admit late FPs. I just meant that the document that frequently appears on these boards, as far as I know, no longer exists. Not sure it ever did at WDW.

I'm not sure about frequently. I think it got into the wild somewhat recently. And like I said, it was verified to still be there yesterday by a CM, so I'm not sure how it would not exist. And the images of Fastpasses were included WDW-specific attractions...

I'm not sure about frequently. I think it got into the wild somewhat recently. And like I said, it was verified to still be there yesterday by a CM, so I'm not sure how it would not exist. And the images of Fastpasses were included WDW-specific attractions...

I've posted it a half-dozen times in the last 10 days or so. I found it a pretty good silver bullet until a couple of nights ago. ;)

Before that, I'd seen it only a half-dozen times in the last year or so. I just happened to bookmark it. :)

And Wadecool you're right--we're all out of bullets.

i will tell you - this will probably mean the end of doing disney every year for me. We use the late arrival almost exclusively. We ride standby all morning, collecting fast passes, then we go back to the resort and relax, returning later in the day to ride using the fast passes we've collected. They certainly are within their rights to do this, but for me, it will take away from our enjoyment enough that the money we spend to go to the parks will no longer be justifiable. I'll just go to the beach instead!

That's exactly what we do everyday we're down there. It's also why we don't park hop. Just go back with a fist full of Fastpass's and enjoy the evening. This changes everything..... for the worse.

All who feel this way, including me, who are still interested in an annual Disney trip may think Disneyland is now an even more viable alternative to a WDW trip.

Have we confirmed that they are not making a similar change in the near future at DL? I'm always back and forth between the 2. This could send me west. Of course, fewer attractions HAVE FP there, but still......

We arrived at RnR at our specified time window to ride RnR and much to our dismay, about 30 seconds before we got there, a VERY large tour group arrived. There were literally over 100 people in this group and they all had a Fastpasses. When I asked the CM how long the wait would now be she said over 45 minutes (standby was only 30). I asked how they all managed to get a Fastpass for the same time she replied "They didn't, it just so happens all of their return times have already occurred and they hold on to them knowing that most of them can arrive late and ride together." The CM also informed me that one leader from the group will take all of the tickets and get Fastpasses for all of them at the same time.

I'm sure that's more the exception than the norm and doesn't happen all too often.

I'm sure that's more the exception than the norm and doesn't happen all too often.

Well, the insult to be added to the injury will be if they end up giving special treatment to tour groups. If there's 50 of them there with 1 chaperone, and they don't all have the same return time, I'll be curious to see how they handle it.

I was at epcot yesterday and we rode test track twice with fp and both times were well past the return times. The CM did not even think twice really, just waved us on through.

Off topic...I think they should enforce a first come first serve as far as fireworks viewing.
At illuminations last night a blonde woman was saving about ten feet of prime viewing area around Germany in the ws. In the end I think we got the last laugh as there family was joined by some pretty rowdy Latin americans...:)

I haven't read every post in this thread so maybe this has already been said.

This change in the fast pass system is not a good change for me and my family BUT I am pretty sure that I will adapt and change. And I am pretty sure someone smarter than me will figure out a way for us all to minimize wait times. New touring plans and strategies will be figured out for all of us crazy commando control freak tourists and we will all be okay.

I do not think this one change can keep me away from our favorite family vacation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter