• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fantasmic

DHS experience with 4:30pm late arrival on Black Friday (our arrival day): 18 yr old DD wanted to go to DHS for certain experiences. We had no other plans to visit DHS on this trip, so I bought (expensive) G+ for her only. She did Droid Depot at 5pm, hung around SWGE, did some photopass photos. She rode G+ RNR, got ice cream and then got in line for early show of Fantasmic. She said the line was not bad at all and she had no problem getting center seats. Rode G+ SDD, rode ILL ROTR. She also rode Star Tours in there somewhere, but I'm not sure when. She said it was a 5 min wait, so she just hopped on. She hit everything she wanted in 4.5 hours on Black Friday, so for me, the G+/ILL spend for one person was okay. She *loved* Droid Depot and played with her droid at the resort the entire rest of the weekend.

Dining packages start tonight so I’m curious what happens to the standby line as a result. We have a dining package for 12/23 and my gut tells me we should just keep it. But if the standby line is very doable I’d prefer it as the dining package is pricey. We’d be fine with second show. I’m probably going to wait until the day before to decide.

Fantastic experience on thanksgiving day… busy park day. The two farthest sections on the right and the left (4 total) were empty for the 9pm show. On the prior Sunday, with cool drizzly weather, 6 sections were empty for the 9pm show. I can not comment on the 730pm show and this was pre-dinner packages.

With the F! dining package, how many minutes ahead of showtime do you need to arrrive? not picky about what seats we get; just want to have seats in the dining section

With the F! dining package, how many minutes ahead of showtime do you need to arrrive? not picky about what seats we get; just want to have seats in the dining section
I believe the stated policy is that if you are not there 25 minutes before show time, they release the remaining reserved seats to standby. In the review I posted above, I believe the author arrived 45 minutes early without issue.

Can someone help me understand how hard it is to get into Fantasmic? I'm having trouble understanding why everyone seems excited about the F! dining packages. I thought it might be like getting a LL for the show, but if you have to get there 45 min ahead of time anyway, then what's the point? Does it usually sell out? If you have to get there 45 minutes early even with a F! dining package reservation, how early do you have to get there without one? For what it's worth, we wouldn't really care where we sat, just wanted to see the show if the kiddos are still awake and in a good mood by 8PM.

For reference, we're going January 30th (hopefully crowds won't be too bad, but only 1 Fantasmic show that night) with 4 adults and 3 young kids (ages 5, 5, and 2yo).

Can someone help me understand how hard it is to get into Fantasmic? I'm having trouble understanding why everyone seems excited about the F! dining packages. I thought it might be like getting a LL for the show, but if you have to get there 45 min ahead of time anyway, then what's the point? Does it usually sell out? If you have to get there 45 minutes early even with a F! dining package reservation, how early do you have to get there without one? For what it's worth, we wouldn't really care where we sat, just wanted to see the show if the kiddos are still awake and in a good mood by 8PM.

For reference, we're going January 30th (hopefully crowds won't be too bad, but only 1 Fantasmic show that night) with 4 adults and 3 young kids (ages 5, 5, and 2yo).

I think that's for those that want a seat front and center. We arrived about 15 minutes before the second show the week it opened. The line was to the end of Sunset Blvd. We got in line as it was steadily moving. We had a seat over to the right a bit but still a good view. There were still an empty section on each end. I'm fine not having the best seat in the house if it means saving myself 30-45 minutes.

My DD16 LOVED the show. There were lots of cheering during the show. We went again later in the week (the show is that good0 and the show stopped midshow and people were chanting and clapping. We did the wave a few times. Barely anyone left. The show started back up within minutes and there was even more cheering. It's worth to watch at least once.

Thank you so much for your reply! Exactly what I was hoping for. Agree, we'd rather save time in line and aren't picky where we sit as long as we can get in to see the show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter